Returning Heals

Argent

This will, perhaps, surprise no one, but Brandon confirmed on Reddit that the act of Returning heals and restores the body. You can read the entire exchange by following the link (it has some interesting but not groundbreaking tidbits about Lightsong's own Return and how long it takes for somebody to Return), but the gist of it is this:

Q: If a heroic guy was also an organ donor, what happens to his original organs when he Returns?
Will the recipient's heart grow three sizes that day?

A: Ha. Not a question I'd anticipated, but the body is healed when made Returned, so anything missing would be regrown. So everything is fine.

Credit to /u/Phantine for asking the question(s).

1 hour ago, Yata said:

But it's not something we already know ? I am bit confused

As far as I know, this would fall into the category of "based on how we know other things work (like Bloodmaking for example), we can say with reasonable certainty that...". However, this is the first official confirmation we have had that Returning would restore the body in this way.

Edited by Iron Eyes
Grammar is important.

10 minutes ago, Iron Eyes said:

As far as I know, this would fall into the category of "based on how we know other things work (like Bloodmaking for example), we can say with reasonable certainty that...". However, this is the first official confirmation we have had that Returning would restore the body in this way.

Yeah, pretty much. Hence my "this might not come as a surprise" preface.

• Chaos locked this topic