Star Trek: Cosmere

Quiver

Mister Nagement. Just remember which side to fire upon; these creatures can be infused with Heamulrgy, but I doubt that means they'll be any gentler to you than they will be to us.

Officer Shogun, co-ordinate with mister Nagement. Repell any intruders. The Survivor didn't like Inquisitors in his city, and I don't want them on my ship.

Awakeners, I suggest doing some clever things with breaths. 'Shoot at the things trying to kill me' or whatever. Elantrians, use seons, or aons or whatever it is you do, but do not engage. Hemalurgy is messy, so for immortals, it'll probably hurt.

Someone take over on the helm, and try evading them; if their sliding in and out of Shadesmar we might not be able to outrun them, but I damnation sure don't want to just sit here and let them hop aboard.

And Commander Penguin- be ready to initaiate the WoB Self-destruct sequance. If we can't win, they certainly aren't.

I concur with your assessment.

Captain Quiver, I propose retreating the ship to a safer distance, or possibly, in the interest of protecting this ship, disengaging battle entirely. Our enemy may be too clever, quick-thinking, and powerful to be defeated in open battle.

As such, I recommend retreat.

"Sir! The cowards are retreating!"

"Cowards indeed." Kurkistan to Borg held up his hand to halt the boarding party. "Let them run. They may well lead us to their base, or worlds with more and more interesting powers..."

A single Catquisitor specializing in camouflage and infiltration a was deployed to a section of the enemy ship that Life Sensors reported as empty.

Vice Admiral Chaos looked at the viewscreen as KChan gave him the orders. It was hard to design proper screens for a person with two eyespikes, so he actually had to look at the special panel attached to his captain's chair. Other officers had to look at the main screen, after all. Only he had the eyespikes, and not by choice, either.

The Borg had been spotted.

"Take us out of here, Ensign," Chaos said. "The fleet will have to do without us here. Head to The Elendel. Make haste."

Was there any real choice for him? The fleet may have needed him for the battle against the Cardassians, but only he had experience with those Catquisitors and Hemalurgists the Borg had deployed. He had been a part of their Collective once, for a very short time. This time, he had another chance to eliminate those Borg creatures.

Through Shadesmar The Inquisition went, and they exited back into the Physical Realm. The Elendel was quickly fleeing against the Borg, but the commandeered Borg ship was clearly on their tail.

"This is the U.S.S. Inquisition, Vice Admiral Chaos here. Report! I see you are fleeing, but we cannot leave. In this corner in space, there'll be no civilian casualties. They must not get to the other worlds, you hear me?" Chaos's blood began to boil at the thought. "They will destroy everything you hold dear. This is bigger than one ship, this is about saving the future of humanity, and every race! You do not blow up the ship! We have made too many compromises already. Too many retreats. They take entire worlds, and we fall back. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! We will make them pay for what they've done!"

Meanwhile, in the admiral's ready room, a tiny model of The Inquisition fell to the ground, shattering.

Edited by Chaos

Commander penguin was terrified. More than he had ever been in his life. Even on the day of his final testing to complete his military training back on Nathalis. But he knew from his training not to disobey a direct order like that. With captain quiver down with the coughing shivers, he was in command. Reluctantly, he pulled the elendel out of shadesmar and turned around to fight.

"Sir!"

A lieutenant rushed to the bridge.

"Yes?" Kurkistan of Borg turned from admiring his many spikes.

"They've turned around, sir! They're going to fight."

"How amusing. Go on the defensive. I think we'll leave this fight to Charlie for a bit."  B)

-------

Charlie—his name was the only remnant of his previous owners (besides their souls in a pair of his spikes)—appeared in the enemy cargo hold. The Lifesensors had been wrong: There was a single crewmember taking inventory; he was now gaping at the Catquisitor that had appeared in front of him.

Charlie left the hold a few minutes later, stronger by one Iron spike and licking blood off his claw-spikes.

[i could use a few more for Side Evil, by the way. It's getting a bit lonesome over here. :(]

Edited by Kurkistan

Byrt, the one Shard of Dominion, warily watched the computer screen of the Fjordell. It seemed like a conflict was going down, but at the moment, it was hard to tell who was going to end up on top.

But dang it, he thought, rubbing his temples. I hate those Catquisitors, and if I am to achieve perfect control of the cosmere, then they will need to be defeated. However, if I am too join them in this fight, I can destroy the Scadrialan power forever. And if the Catquisitors happen to be destroyed in the crossfire...

Byrt smiled and tapped the comms that communicated with his legion of enslaved Elantrians. "Break is over," he snapped. "Travel Aon, please. Get us a few hundred miles to the side of the Catquisitors. Send one of my Skaze when we arrive; waging war is so much easier when I can see the future." With that, he departed into his meditation chambers, smile on his face as he readied the one Splinter that he held to peer into the future.

Just because I only personally hold part of my God, he thought, doesn't mean that I don't have access to it all. He looked at the massive spike, long as the ship, the point of which that barely jutted out into the room. Byrt pressed it through his body, embracing the joyful pain of his dominion.

The Fjordell jumped through space and arrived at the battle on the side of the Catquisitors.

Edited by bartbug

The Dominions...

If there was one force that the Borg hated as much as the Scadrians, it was they. Kurkistan of Borg opened communications with the enemy (?) ship.

----

Charlie prowled through the Scadrian ship, heading for where he thought the bridge must be.

Byrt heard the crackle that signified the open communications with the Catquisitors. "This is Gjorn Byrt speaking, gjorn of the Fjordell. How may I assist you? It seems that for once, we have a common enemy in the Scadrians."

Feeling the aches that always followed after joining himself with deity, Byrt absentmindedly rubbed the spot in his chest where moments before, there had been a gaping hole. If there was one thing that he was glad for, it was the Shard of Dominion that he never relinquished because of its healing abilities. Byrt didn't want to rely on slaves to heal him; he could not trust them, especially after what he had done to them. Nonetheless, Byrt always thought it odd. Whenever he healed a wound with Dominion, the pain went away. The one exception was withdrawing himself from the Spike. It was like... there was a hole in his soul, and magic needed time to fix things such as those.

Byrt slammed his hand impatiently against his console. What was taking these danged Catquisitors so long?