Star Trek: Cosmere

Quiver

All personnel, please report to ready stations. All personnel, please report to ready stations.

The Cosmere; the final frontier.

These are the voyages of the starship Elendel. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilisations, to boldly go where no Shard has gone before.

The Elendel is a marvel of modern engineering, the fastest warp capable ship powered by a Scadrian Star Drive. Manned by men and women from across the universe, this ship, with it's conflux of magic, is the greatest exploring vessel ever conceived. Who's ready for the adventure of a lifetime?

Star Station Deep Space Kredik Shaw

Flagship of Cosmerefleet Command, U.S.S Inquisiton

Captained by Vice-Admiral Chaos

Crew Manifest of the U.S.S. Elendel

Captain Quinn T. Quiver

Acting Captain Jason Penguin

Tactical Officer J.A. Shogun

Security Chief Nagement

The Highstorm of Yolen

Acting Captain Quiver

Vindicator of the Catquisition

Kurkistan of Borg

Fjordell

Byrt, Splinter of Dominion

Edited by Quiver

Commander Penguin, report to the Bridge. And see if you can't find the rest of my Harmony-damned crew on your way here!

(I have no idea what you might be referring to. This is just a coincidental melding of my enjoyment of the cosmere with that of (at least certain) series of Star Trek. Any similarities between this and another thread are fictitious, and certainly not the basis for a law suit to be filled by either party.) 

Though speaking of the thread, I've intercepted important information regarding the mistcloaked ship that attacked the Elendel in that vicinity.

I should have a communications officer to intercept this for me, but whatever...

It turns out the Vindicator wasn't being commandeered by Mister Kurk on behalf of Scadrian Independence.

It was under the command of Kurkistan of Borg.

MR%20borg%20kitteh.jpg

We have our first mission; to confront this dangerous new threat! All hands on board!

Edited by Quiver

"Let's see, which of the powers that I've acquired over the centuries ought I to use..."

Kurkistan of Borg pondered carefully within his ship's speed bubble, but eventually settled on using Aonic teleportation to position himself directly astern of the enemy ship, letting its weapons-fire pass harmlessly through empty space.

"Sir, they're sending boarders!"

Kurkistan of Borg looked up from where he'd been keying in the evasion-routine his Feruchemical zinc compounding had allowed him to compute. "Seriously? They're boarding us?" 

He sat for a moment, stunned. "Are there any custodial crew near the site of the incursion?"

"Yes sir, two within a few hatches."

"Well give them a bonus for pulling double duty when they mop up the mess they're about to make of those boarders."

[The ship is full of Catquisitors, in case you'd forgotten. :P]

Edited by Kurkistan

"Excellent! They've been sufficiently distracted by our boarders long enough for us to have shot an indestructible, nuclear warhead that it locked on to their ship! It will follow them everywhere (including into the Cognitive Realm, should they try to escape there), and its speed is triple their maximum!"

"Ha! Those Scadrian fools have such a poor grasp of Realmatics that they think Awakened objects are immune to Soulcasting, in direct opposition to the known fact that Invested objects (such as humans) can be soulcast!"

[so yeah: The space battle hinges on Realmatics. :P]

[Ah. I had assumed that because Nightblood is (according to WoB) so much more powerful than Shardblades, and since I espouse Shattered Honor (see my signature if you haven't seen that one), I had assumed that all Investiture from Honor would be far less powerful than from Endowment.

[i imagine that X Investiture from Endowment is just as powerful as X Investiture from Honor: so it's more that Nightblood is obscenely powerful than that Endowment is. But on the note of perhaps needing a bit more juice to get the job done...]

The Vindicator drew upon its massive Investiture reserves—stored in nicrosilminds and carefully engineered to be able to fuel nearly all magics—and smote the nuke, draining a not-insignificant amount of "stormlight" in the process.

[i imagine that X Investiture from Endowment is just as powerful as X Investiture from Honor: so it's more that Nightblood is obscenely powerful than that Endowment is. But on the note of perhaps needing a bit more juice to get the job done...]

[since the warhead is made of metal, it should be equal to Nightblood. At least.]

"Drat! Fortunately, the weapons we were firing in all directions have been scoring direct hits, seeing as nothing has been done yet to evade them."

Edited by TheShogun

[since the warhead is made of metal, it should be equal to Nightblood. At least.]

[Yes, but I never said that a Soulcaster shouldn't be able to handle Nightblood too.

I'll cede that when you get the level of highly-Invested objects the difference in degree may essentially yield a difference in kind so far as affecting it with Soulcasting goes, so let's call this particular discussion a draw and it turns out that your warhead survives the soulcasting because a gem shatters.]

But no! The gems it relied upon to shape the stormlight shattered, resulting in only the outermost part of the nuke becoming flowery!

"Evasive action!"

The Vindicator fled into Shadesmar, only to have the warhead follow. Desperate, Kurkistan of Borg dropped them back into the Physical Realm and deployed a "gravity bomb" (read: chunk of mechallomancy filled with Feruchemical Weight) while dropping his ship's mass to nothing. The warhead was consumed by the ensuing singularity while the nearly-massless Vindicator escaped unharmed.

"Now I'm irritated." The Vindicator prepared to deploy its own boarders.

Edited by Kurkistan