Shallan's sexuality

stick is a stick

33 minutes ago, If.you.die.I.go.stupid said:

Interesting.  I saw it more as a mix of envy and hero worship but it makes sense.  It was Jasnah's sexuality that stood out to me.  I can't decide if she prefers women or if she has had some awful experience with a man in her past or maybe both.  

That was the same with me, but looking back on it, Shallan's sexuality does make sense. With Jasnah, personally I'm going for a combination of her inner feminist and aro/ace (probably a good portion of that is me wanting more a-spec character representation in books, but I think it is a viable option)

21 hours ago, theravenchilde said:

but the important thing here and also the topic of this thread is that Shallan is a canon bisexual so lets celebrate that, eh?

Wasn't this week bi visibility week? I think so, and if so... This is great timing.

So, bisexual!Shallan. Great! More representation is always cool, especially since bisexuality is particlarly unrepresented in media. So...

Yeah. This is cool.

36 minutes ago, leinton said:

I mean I personally want her to meet Rysn and see if they hit it off.

Anyway, PARTY!

Oh man this is gold! Upvote! After reading your post, I really want to see this happen =) (They are my top two favorite female characters in SA.)

R

36 minutes ago, Sand Master said:

I don't know. I don't have anything against same-sex relationships or anything, but Jasnah/Shallan feels like it would be pretty forced to me. Jasnah is practically old enough to be Shallan's mother. That's a bit weird.

emember Lirin and Rosanne? Maybe they are an exception, but I get the impression it's not that uncommon.  Shallan's father wanted to marry his second son to a middle aged woman for connections. Most powerful lighteyes marry for connections. Marrying for love may be odder than the age gap. 

That said,  I think Shallan ending with any woman is unlikely.  It would be cool,  but Brandon said her crush on Jasnah was something he did unconsciously.  We've already seen her flashback book, and Brandon's already written the final chapter of the series.  I suspect Shallan's story is already nailed down, and if the bisexuality is an unconscious inclusion, then I bet it will remain subtext. Maybe he can confirm it openly in the text, which would be awesome, but I bet her relationships are important to the overall story and aren't likely to change from his current plan. 

1 minute ago, If.you.die.I.go.stupid said:

Brandon's already written the final chapter of the series.

This.... this will haunt me. We're going to have to wait years to get to the final book, and you're telling me the last chapter ALREADY EXISTS???

I... I think I'm going to try to go freeze myself, wake up in about a decade.

25 minutes ago, Sand Master said:

This.... this will haunt me. We're going to have to wait years to get to the final book, and you're telling me the last chapter ALREADY EXISTS???

I... I think I'm going to try to go freeze myself, wake up in about a decade.

Better yet, you could spend that time trying to figure out where he hid it. According to WoB, the last chapter is hidden somewhere in the first two books.  

Just now, If.you.die.I.go.stupid said:

Better yet, you could spend that time trying to figure out where he hid it. According to WoB, the last chapter is hidden somewhere in the first two books.  

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a second. Hold on. Do you mean that one of the chapters in the first two books is the same as the final chapter? Or that through some secret code, the final chapter is hidden in the words of the first two books? Or that someone in the first two books speculates on the future of Roshar and somehow gets it right? I CAN'T HANDLE THIS.

16 minutes ago, Sand Master said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a second. Hold on. Do you mean that one of the chapters in the first two books is the same as the final chapter? Or that through some secret code, the final chapter is hidden in the words of the first two books? Or that someone in the first two books speculates on the future of Roshar and somehow gets it right? I CAN'T HANDLE THIS.

Q: The ending of mistborn was hidden in the first chapter epigraphs.  Is there something similar to that in The Way of Kings? 

A: There are but they are hidden in different places.  The last chapter of the stormlight archive is somewhere in these two books.  

Sounds like it's hidden piece by piece. No clue though.  Haven't had time to look into it.  

5 minutes ago, Sand Master said:

I also wondered this, though got a bit off topic and forgot to mention it. Maybe they meant to say Hesina? I don't remember there being any mention of her age though.

I don't remember any character named Rosanne... If it were the case, I am sure I would have remembered.