The Knights Lopen?

soyperson

3 minutes ago, bleeder said:

So, at the end of WoR, the Lopen somehow absorbs Stormlight, and begins to heal his arm. Does this mean the Lopen is a Surgebinder? Will the Lopen become a Radiant?!

He might be a surgebinding. I personally thought he might've been more of a squire of Kaladin and gained basic stormlight enhancement abilities as a result. Since he don't know much about Lopen from his view, we can't accurately say whether he's bonded to a spren, and we don't know about the capabilities of the squires of Windunners. So we can't say either way.

From what I've seen there is some debate over this.

One party believes that's simply a benefit of being one of Kaladin's Squires, the other party believes that since directly took in Stormlight he actually is a Radiant. Personally I hope he becomes one.

Link to the thread here: 

Just now, Spoolofwhool said:

He might be a surgebinding. I personally thought he might've been more of a squire of Kaladin and gained basic stormlight enhancement abilities as a result. Since he don't know much about Lopen from his view, we can't accurately say whether he's bonded to a spren, and we don't know about the capabilities of the squires of Windunners. So we can't say either way.

Maybe we'll find out in Oathbringer, if it ever comes out.

Speaking of spren, I have a theory involving Eshonai.

Dalinar is a Bondsmith, and it is speculated that Bondsmiths are bonded to "godspren" such as the Stormfather. 

Eshonai serves the same purpose to her people as Dalinar does to his, she unites them. And she spoke to Stormfather once or twice in WoR, I believe.

Perhaps Eshonai is Bondsmith #2?

I don't know if Stormlight can heal that much by itself. I think Lopen's an Edgedancer. But perhaps he really is a squire.

1 minute ago, bleeder said:

Perhaps Eshonai is Bondsmith #2?

I believe this has been discussed before, and it does seem like a possibility, but I don't know what "godspren" Eshonai could bond with.

8 minutes ago, bleeder said:
5 minutes ago, Turbonator said:

I believe this has been discussed before, and it does seem like a possibility, but I don't know what "godspren" Eshonai could bond with.

I personally believe that she could bond with one of the larger Chasmfiend's Spren, after all we know Greatshell Spren can shelter someone from what would have been a lethal fall.

Lopen has bein confirmed as Kaladin's Squire from Brandon (at the moment I don't have the time to search the reference, but I hope my word is enough).

About Eshonai as Bondsmith, the theory is really doubtful for all the reasons already covered in the rightful thread

5 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Maybe she bonds with one of the Unmade?

That also works. I'm curious to see what Odium's Cognitive Shadow would be like, maybe she can bond with that? Then we can give the Nightwatcher to King T. (Who I theorize could be the third Bondsmith) that way they all get godly cognitive shadows.

Just now, Bladex454 said:

That also works. I'm curious to see what Odium's Cognitive Shadow would be like, maybe she can bond with that? Then we can give the Nightwatcher to King T. (Who I theorize could be the third Bondsmith) that way they all get godly cognitive shadows.

Excellent hypothesis. Taravangian being bonded with Cultivation's Splinter is an interesting concept.

So, if Lopen really is Kaladin's squire, then Stormlight, even without Regrowth, can heal a lot more than I thought.

And King T being a Bondsmith... I'm not sure if he's the type of person for it. After all, he's done quite a few bad things, though for the "greater good." Perhaps he's a better fit for another order.

16 minutes ago, Turbonator said:

And King T being a Bondsmith... I'm not sure if he's the type of person for it. After all, he's done quite a few bad things, though for the "greater good." Perhaps he's a better fit for another order.

There is a theory going around that when he's less intelligent his Connection increases proportionally, this theory also states that in one of his dullest moments Cultivation wrote the Diagram. 

I believe that when King T. is in a duller state he'd make a better Bondsmith, after all he'd be more empathetic. Though that would mean he either loses his surgebinding in his more intelligent state or perhaps belong to a different order.

Edited by Bladex454
Grammar.

2 minutes ago, WayneSpren said:

Didn't Syl tell us that Parshendi can't be Surgebinders?

I don't recall if she did indeed say that exactly, but Syl can be wrong. *gasp*

Brandon has dodged the question, but he's said that "people on Roshar would say Parshendi couldn't be Radiants" (paraphrased).  That doesn't mean they can't be, just that they weren't in the past or at least no one knew it or believed it to be possible.

jW

4 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I don't recall if she did indeed say that exactly, but Syl can be wrong. *gasp*

Brandon has dodged the question, but he's said that "people on Roshar would say Parshendi couldn't be Radiants" (paraphrased).  That doesn't mean they can't be, just that they weren't in the past or at least no one knew it or believed it to be possible.

jW

Do we know which Shards created the Parshendi?

Just now, Bladex454 said:

It's at least assumed they were created by Adolnasium, or else weren't created by a Shard or anything similar.  We have a WoB that they predate Honor and Cultivation's arrival on Roshar, which also predate Odium's arrival.

jW

7 minutes ago, Bladex454 said:

Odium, not originally. Cultivation, not originally. Honor, no

Basically, I have to agree with Jondesu. I haven't seen the WoB where they predate H&C's arrival, but...

4 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Odium, not originally. Cultivation, not originally. Honor, no.

18 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

It's at least assumed they were created by Adolnasium, or else weren't created by a Shard or anything similar.  We have a WoB that they predate Honor and Cultivation's arrival on Roshar, which also predate Odium's arrival.

jW

Are there WoB's involving the Dawnsingers and Parshendi? 

2 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

There is a singular WoB concerning the Dawnsingers, so no.

Not all the WoB are reported on Theoryland, just to Inform you...some (from strange sources like Twitter, Reddit or other....sometime aren't find to the people who upgrade Theoryland) are simply missing

Edited by Yata

1 minute ago, Yata said:

Not all the WoB are reported on Theoryland, just to Inform you...some (from strange sources like Twitter, Reddit or other....sometime aren't find to the people who upgrade Theoryland) are simply missing

Thanks, edited my post to reflect that. Theoryland is just the only one that i can navigate to find things with any ease.