Sometimes I can't get the Cosmere out of my head.

Well it makes sense, they are just about the best books ever written. But when you have such great books with no movies or television series (as of this moment) it can make you look at the actors and characters in other media. There are lots of potential actors who could play our favorite Cosmere characters. But there are also existing characters in movies, books, TV shows, and Anime who just seem like they would be perfect to play a character. 

What are your daydream character actors? What characters from existing media remind you of your favorite Cosmere characters?

This week I was re-watching "Attack on Titan" and I realized that there is a character that looks and fights like Vin. Mikasa seriously could be a stand in for Vin, it's almost too perfect. They are both crazy awesome fighters who leap across buildings, wield a pair of blades, and fight by instinct like no one else does. They both are kinda broken but love their best friends and will do everything they can to protect them. "When she fights, she is the blade. When she loves, she is the kiss. In that way, she was more human than any others that I have known" TenSoon -Shadows of Self

Here is a video of some of Mikasa's best moments. SPOILER ALERT! GRAPHIC IMAGERY! But Attack on Titan is crazy amazing. I recommend you watch it. Mikasa is the best, and she is the anime version of Vin, my favorite Mistborn!

I didn't exactly see a Character, but I think it fits into that post aas well.

The TV-show "Legend of Korra" (second part of Avater: The last airbender) is placed in a world that made some technical advances compared with the first series, and there are first cars (just like second Era Mistborn).

The Airbenders live like monks, on a small island, not disturbed by anyone else. It really remembered me to Mistborn Era 2, just how the Feruchemists live in there

9 hours ago, Thunder_93 said:

The TV-show "Legend of Korra" (second part of Avater: The last airbender) is placed in a world that made some technical advances compared with the first series, and there are first cars (just like second Era Mistborn).

I totally see that! It's kinda crazy how quickly these cultures advanced. But at least the people of Scadrial had the Words of Founding to help them along...

12 hours ago, TheBlueShifting said:

I totally see that! It's kinda crazy how quickly these cultures advanced. But at least the people of Scadrial had the Words of Founding to help them along...

To be fair, the Fire Nation was kind of there tech-wise anyway, they were just entirely focused on war and kept their tech to themselves. Given a generation of peace and the sharing of that tech, Korra's world is not surprising (apart from the Mechs... But even they aren't out of the question, as they seem fairly simplistic and fallible).

Edited by Krandacth

Holy storms you're right! Mikasa and Vin really are kinda similar... and I love both of them :D At the moment my head is filled with WoR so I really can't think of other characters or series, but I'm sure I'll think of some character- hopefully from anime :P

Oooh wait! Alethkar really reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist!

I'm glad that there are a few more posts! Here is one for an actress that I just thought of. I think that Morena Baccarin, who plays Inara in Firefly would make a great Jasnah Kholin. She doesn't have the right eyes obviously, but as far as overall looks and mannerisms. I think she could pull of the cold, calculating power that needs no shouting or heaviness to feel, yet she can also be kind and caring. I also think she is in the right age category. I dunno, but overall I would be super excited if she was the actor.

Picture take from IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1072555/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

MV5BMTkyODY3MzM2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDM1OTk5MDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,667,1000_AL_.jpg

I'm not sure if anybody has read Robin Hobb's Realm of the Elderlings (if you haven't, I highly recommend it), but there are several striking similarities between The Fool and Hoid. Firstly,  in the first series, he's, well, a court fool, and like another character I know, he seems quite good at insulting people.... Then, they're both concerned with a wider picture for the worlds that they live in, and actively seek to change it. Also, great at disguises. 

Also...Ned Stark and Dalinar.... Honorable leaders? Tick. Veteran warriors? Tick. Sticking to the old, now unconventional ways? Tick. Father figure(ish) to somebody who isn't their son? Tick.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2016 at 0:10 AM, HarryLime said:

I'm getting strong Kaladin vibes from the trailer to Hacksaw Ridge. Obviously Kaladin has less of a no-killing policy, but the whole "I'll save as many people as I can" thing reminds me of him.

That's actually a pretty good one, like especially if he had followed what Lyrin wanted of him. 

• Chaos locked this topic