Quick Fix Game 18: The Black Prism

Straw

I honestly don't think the reasons presented by Elenion or Sheep are really valid.    Both of them helped lynch an Elim, supposedly, and both of them have not done anything that raises red flags for me.  This means that I'm slightly less paranoid of both of them than normal.   Thanks to SE, I can no longer be not paranoid of anyone.  However, Sheep is the one who actually firmed up the lynch, and argued against the Elim.  This makes me trust him a little more then Len, who only supposdly added Bard's lynch to himself.  I still don't really see any reason to lynch Len, however.  

In fact, two out of my three main suspicions died last night. :P After that, there are a few people who I don't feel anything about, and then the rest are either really quiet or innactive, which is making my job rather hard, and is resulting in the only two votes being cross-votes.

I am going to wait until later in the day to place a vote.  It will probably be on one of the quieter players, who is not entirely innactive.  -sigh-

6 hours ago, Elenion said:

The lynch.

Question: So if Stink didn't help kill him any other way, why is his lynch specified up there but not yours?

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

It will probably be on one of the quieter players, who is not entirely innactive.  -sigh-

Please don't do that. 

10 minutes ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Question: So if Stink didn't help kill him any other way, why is his lynch specified up there but not yours?

And it says he was 'revealed' to have helped kill Bard.

If a yellow drafter had given a yellow flare to Bard and then he died because he was lynched, is that how the name and role and alignment of his killer would be revealed? 

Edit- and why does the countdown say that it's ended? :P 

Edited by Daniyah

I don't know what is going on with that.  My biggest questions RN are;  How did Stink die;  Why is the fact that he 'helped kill Bard' so prominently displayed; and how do yellow drafters flags work.  I think what Daniyah is saying has merit, but why Stink, in that case?  I feel like it should have been me, at least originally, since I placed the first vote.  Although I retracted my vote, so it makes sense then, but Straw did not notice that I had retracted my vote.

This Stinks of a GM mistake, but I don't know enough about it.   

I don't know what's going on with the countdown.

Most likely it was just one of the voters selected randomly. 

And it stinks of GM mistake... Pun intended?

Edit: I'll most likely make a better post by either the end of 15 minutes or in another 4 hours.

Sorry for my non-contribution... I really shouldn't try to play an LG and a QF at the same time. The ralexed timing in one makes me badly judge the other's.

Edited by Mark IV

3 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

And it stinks of GM mistake... Pun intended?

Note the capital S too :P 

3 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Most likely it was just one of the voters selected randomly. 

If that's so, how unlucky that the revealed one already died

*sigh

A PM of mine told me that he/she trusts Sheep, and I'm trusting enough of them right now that I'll let the vote go. Sheep.

Right now we're having major problems with lurkers, so if we can't find an active target soon let's just kill an inactive. @Assassin in Burgundy@Daniyah I'm looking at you two.

I'll be on again before turnover, but just in case of a power outage (too common where I live) I'll put in my vote on Daniyah.

Just in: Assassin in Burgundy is lurking. I see him.

17 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Right now we're having major problems with lurkers, so if we can't find an active target soon let's just kill an inactive. @Assassin in Burgundy@Daniyah I'm looking at you two.

I'll be on again before turnover, but just in case of a power outage (too common where I live) I'll put in my vote on Daniyah.

Just in: Assassin in Burgundy is lurking. I see him.

You see Assassin lurking and you vote on me

I don't even lurk that much. I've posted, just not voted because I'm not suspicious enough of anyone.

Yeah, Daniyah has actually posted a whole lot more than the people I'm thinking of.    I don't want to lynch a total innactive, because they will be killed by the filter anyway. I'm mainly concerned about Assassin, who has won games by lurking like this before.  Maybe a bit of Mark as well, but not Daniyah.  Mark, DA, and Chaos have all posted, so they won't be killed by the innactivity filter.  Conq is the only one I can think of who will.  DA is not too suspicious, Mark has only posted once, and Chaos is too new for me to make a judgement.

I'm going to put my vote on Assassin, because he has not been very talkative, and he's worrying me.

Elenion 

His voting for bard seemed like him bussing a teammate. Later, when asked, he doesn't clarify why he voted for bard, except for his original reason -' If bard is an eliminator, then he'll have vote manip.' Almost like saying Everyone here could be an eliminator and could have access to vote manipulations. 

Secondly, and I agree with  Sheep on this one - how did you even know that the elims had vote manip. Sure, it's reasonable to assume they might have one drafter, but it's equally likely, isn't it, to assume that the village has one too (although now, it seems evident to me that they don't really have an orange drafter, given that they could have saved Bard from the Lynch if they did. 

30 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Secondly, and I agree with  Sheep on this one - how did you even know that the elims had vote manip. Sure, it's reasonable to assume they might have one drafter, but it's equally likely, isn't it, to assume that the village has one too (although now, it seems evident to me that they don't really have an orange drafter, given that they could have saved Bard from the Lynch if they did. 

I don't know that this is the best logic to lynch him on.  Between Sheep and Elenion, I would probably vote for Elenion, but IDK that this is the reason why.  It's not really that compelling, and I'd honestly be more worried about Assassin.  

Btw, now that you have posted, I'm suspicious of you as well, Mark.  It's probably just SE syndrome, but who knows anymore.

I'm going insane.  Help me.

31 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

His voting for bard seemed like him bussing a teammate. Later, when asked, he doesn't clarify why he voted for bard, except for his original reason -' If bard is an eliminator, then he'll have vote manip.' Almost like saying Everyone here could be an eliminator and could have access to vote manipulations. 

True.  I'd actually agree with this one, however, I don't doubt that the Elims have a vote Manip.  I just wonder why they did not use it to try and protect Bard.

Also, if Len really did move Bard's vote onto himself, I can't see a reason an Elim would do that.  And since no one else has said they did it, I really think that's the strongest bit of evidence in Len's favor.  I'm going to keep my vote on Assassin, especially after what Daniyah said.

18 hours ago, Elenion said:

That said, Sheep. Last turn he seemed too eager to kill a claimed roleblocker, as if he knew in advance that he wouldn't take any flak for it because he knew in advance that Bard was evil.

Like I said; I think we need to prioritise information over roles.  Do you contest that?

18 hours ago, Elenion said:

In addition, he put a vote on Bard at the last second after the lynch was cemented, to make it look like he was helping us in the lynch of his teammate to draw suspicion away from himself.

Before I voted, the vote tally was:

Bard (2) : Elenion, Stink
Conquestor (1) : Bard
Darkness (1) : Ecth

Given that Bard was trying to convince Magestar to vote for Conquestor with him, which would have tied the votes, I didn't vote for Bard at the last second after the lynch was cemented; I cemented it.  And note that soon after, Bard switched his vote to Darkness.  If I hadn't voted on Bard, we would have had a tied lynch and achieved nothing.

I have no idea why you guys are doing what you are.  Also, I'm now paranoid of Sheep. :P  

Guys, it does not make sense to lynch Len.  Plus, he's been very Villager-y lately.  I'm going to keep my vote on Assassin, who A; has posted maybe once. B;  has been lurking, and C; has won games like this in the past. 

He hasn't been on today, however.  I don't know.  I'll say this;  If Elenion is a villager, I will want to kill Mark.  If he's an Elim, then I will become a lot more suspicious of Sheep.

Otherwise, Sheep seems like the second most Villager-y person.

edit;  @Straw, will rollover be at the normal time?  The countdown is all wacky.

Edited by Magestar

7 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Guys, it does not make sense to lynch Len.

It doesn't?  I'd like it if you could go over the reasons I mentioned in my post where I showed I was suspicious of Len and show why they don't make sense then.

That being said @Assassin in Burgundy a post; anything really, would be welcome.

EDIT:
@Straw, if a red and a sub-red use their ability on the same player on the same cycle, does the former's ability block the latter's ability?

Edited by AliasSheep

The only big thing you have against him, IMO, is the talk of his saying that the elims have 'Lots of Vote Manips', which he did not say, he just said that the Elims probably have a vote manip backing them up, so it'd be best if we had a majority.   That's it. :P  

And, he's openly claimed to have been the vote Manip who switched Bard's vote to himself.  That does not seem like an Elim move. Plus, he added his vote to Bard, and did not take it off.  You could say that looks like Bussing a teamate, but he did not take it off near rollover, and he was on near then.  Plus, if he was an Elim, and you aren't, I see no reason for him to take his vote off of you as easily as he did.

Anyway, I would rather lynch Assassin.  If he's an Elim, or even if he's not, you guys can do whatever you want next round.  I have no other (worthwhile) suspicions anyway.

@Mark IV and @AliasSheep are using a classic strawman argument: they're saying that I said something that I did not. I said:

If Bard is an Elim then he'll most likely have vote-manip supporting him, and so we'll need a good majority in order to lynch him.

My reasoning was based off of this: there are at minimum three starting eliminators, and I doubt any of them are sub-reds or super-violets. Mage was their roleblock. I put myself in the GMs' shoes: If I was giving out abilities, what would I give them? One of them would definitely be vote manip. Vote manips win games: just see how the Derethi team took over LG24 and killed all of the Jeskeri in just a few rounds. Or in MR16, where the Nalthians almost got a majority, and would have had one had I not killed Conquestor.

I'm voting Daniyah Assassin, since if we want to win this one we'll need all of the active voters we can get. Plus the fact that I want to live. But Sheep is still my number-one suspicion.

24 minutes ago, Magestar said:

The only big thing you have against him, IMO, is the talk of his saying that the elims have 'Lots of Vote Manips', which he did not say, he just said that the Elims probably have a vote manip backing them up, so it'd be best if we had a majority.   That's it. :P  

In this game, 2 vote manips is a lot of vote manips.  My comment was that him thinking that they have enough vote manips to affect the game indicates he has insider knowledge.

26 minutes ago, Magestar said:

And, he's openly claimed to have been the vote Manip who switched Bard's vote to himself.  That does not seem like an Elim move. Plus, he added his vote to Bard, and did not take it off.  You could say that looks like Bussing a teamate, but he did not take it off near rollover, and he was on near then

I'll give you that; I don't think bussing seems likely in this situation.  

26 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Anyway, I would rather lynch Assassin.  If he's an Elim, or even if he's not, you guys can do whatever you want next round.  I have no other (worthwhile) suspicions anyway.

There's always a chance a sub-red will attack him this cycle.

Just now, AliasSheep said:

In this game, 2 vote manips is a lot of vote manips.  My comment was that him thinking that they have enough vote manips to affect the game indicates he has insider knowledge.

I'm not saying 2 Orange Drafters, I'm saying 2 Vote-Manips. We've got to factor in full polychromes, bichromes, and maybe even the Prism.