Quick Fix Game 18: The Black Prism

Straw

I know who Mage was talking to, but for the security of that player I won't state their name. They switched to self protect after getting paranoid that Mage was setting them up.

As for the safety, Mage gave it to me so that if Sheep claimed something else after Mage was dead, then I would be able to bust him for lying.

As for the lynch, I think I can clear Sheep. My biggest suspicion is now on Darkness because the Stick accusation rings to me like a tactic meant to start a lynch war between 2 villagers: Sheep and Stick.

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

Why would El seem suspicious? ... Oh wait that's not elbereth, it's elenion... Oops..

That's more an oops on my side...  Sorry Len

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

Sheep, you say he (magestar) had protection? Are you sure? Because that would mean there was no elim kill this cycle. Which means it was blocked. Which means if someone roleblocked someone else last turn then the role blocked person would be evil, most likely. That, or they are inactive.... 

They said they were asking for protection from a Red Drafter.  Either said drafter (I don't know who they are) didn't follow through and Magestar was killed by the elims, or Mage was killed by a sub-red.  We can't really know to be sure.  I know of two Red Drafters, my contact and @Darkness Ascendant and the former I don't think was the Red Drafter Mage was in contact with. Darkness, had Mage asked you for protection last cycle?

Looking back over the game, I think its interesting that on cycle 1, Darkness asked Bard if Bard approved of what he was doing.  Bard was later shown to be an eliminator, of course, so I'm wondering what that implies about Darkness.  Then there's the thing that Elenion brought up about how Darkness made an out of nowhere accusation of Stick which (as I commented earlier) seemed kind of forced.

Well, those votes came on quickly. If I didn't know that I was village, I'd be pretty suspicious. :D

48 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

I know of two Red Drafters, my contact and @Darkness Ascendant and the former I don't think was the Red Drafter Mage was in contact with. Darkness, had Mage asked you for protection last cycle?

Okay, I may as well just out myself to everyone: I'm a Red-Orange Bichrome and the anonymous contact that I mentioned a few posts back is me. I've been suspicious of Darkness for a while now, since I've been doubting that Straw would have put in two village Red-Oranges, but up until now he hadn't given me enough information to accuse him without either outing myself (and possibly getting accused of a smear tactic) or looking like a total lynch-guider.

And to the elims, to attack me tonight or not to attack me, that is the question. :ph34r::D

I'll put my vote on Darkness. His PMs with me are what got me suspicious of him. 

He started the PM by giving me a 'warning' that he knows some people who are planning to kill me and that if I tell him I'm not someone particularly dangerous I'll be safe, but if I lie I'll end up dead. Didn't ask me my role or anything, but I told him my role anyway and that I'm a villager. He said okay and stuff. I waited till the next cycle to see if something happens but apparently nothing did, so I asked him about these 'people', and he said he knows a blue drafter who thought I was an Elim, then tried to get me stop questioning him by saying stuff like it's okay now, dw about it now. After my asking how come this blue friend of his just took my word for it and changed his mind about me, he replied saying that I was scanned. I mean, scanning only reveals the role right? Not the alignment. I told him that, and that I could be lying about being a villager while at the same time claiming my role correctly knowing fully that scanners exist. Then he said that since I didn't lie about my role my word held some merit, and that they have other suspects now. That's it. I don't know, it all just seems strange. 

Edited by Daniyah
Something went wrong with italics

Quick Fix 18: Cycle Four - Something Part 3

[writeup to be edited in]

Darkness was lynched! He was a Orange/Red Bichrome

Vote Count
Darkness (4) Daniyah, Sheep, Elenion, Stick

Cycle 5 has begun! You have 24 hours to send in actions and choose who to lynch.

blu_1475190000.png

Player List

1. Voral Grim (Alvron)Neutral Assassin

2. The Unnamed Person (The Young Bard)Green Drafter
3. Faren (Conquestor)Normal Villager
4. Nivag Pik (Assassin in Burgundy)Normal Villager
5. Brent Weak (Darkness Acendant)Orange/Red Bichrome
6. Alexios of Illytia (Sheep)
7. Chaos (Lady of Chaos)
8. Human Target (Ecthelion III)
9. Has Too Much Time (Metacognition)Normal Villager
10. Stick (Stick)
11. Mark (Mark)
12. Fright Angel (STINK)Normal Villager
13. Epsilon (Daniyah)
14. The Blob (Elenion)
15. Test Subject #134 (Magestar)Super-Violet Drafter

Nice! I guess I'll have to trust my gut more often.

As for the night-kill, I can only assume that they gambled wrong and wasted their kill on me. :D But I haven't gotten any notification to that effect, so if any role-blockers did their thing I'd like to hear about it.

Now, I think it's about that time in the game where we look at voting histories: who helped kill the elims and who voted with them or on someone else. I'll have those tallies up in a second.

Living players and who they've voted on:

Sheep: Alv (SK), Darkness (Evil)

Chaos: Never voted

Mark: Alv (SK)

Stick: Darkness (Evil)

Ecth: Darkness (Evil), Assassin (village)

Dani: Darkness (Evil)

Len: Bard (Evil) x2 due to vote manip, Assassin (village), Darkness (Evil)

Now most of these lynches have been pretty close, so it would have been unwise for the elims to kill their own, except at the last second to gain credibility. Here's what I think the votes reveal:

The most cleared right now is me, since I've helped lynch both of the Spies so far. Also up in this bracket are Ecth, because he voted on Darkness before a bus would have been wise, and Sheep, since I've been reading him strong village and so far he's never lynched a villager despite voting twice.

In the middle is Dani and Stick: both were helpful in lynching Darkness, but there's still a chance that they were just bussing their teammates.

The most suspicious two players right now (judging by votes only) are Mark and Chaos. However, Chaos has been in contact with me most of the game, and has justified her choices in not voting to the point where I don't think she's a lurking elim.

My biggest suspect, therefore, is Mark. So far he's never helped in a single lynch on an Evil player, and his vote on me seemed like that of an opportunist trying to get a claimed-village vote manip knocked off before he could do much to help.

And finally, some personal stuff to do, since I keep forgetting to send in PM requests.

@I_am_a_Stick You implied last round that you were a useful role. Was it Blue? If so, have you scanned any currently-living players?

@Mark IV Do you have anything to say in your defense.

And 1 final note: All Reds, self-protect. If there are 2 of us still alive, the elim can't win without lynching one of us.

51 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Living players and who they've voted on:

Sheep: Alv (SK), Darkness (Evil)

Chaos: Never voted

Mark: Alv (SK)

Stick: Darkness (Evil)

Ecth: Darkness (Evil), Assassin (village)

Dani: Darkness (Evil)

Len: Bard (Evil) x2 due to vote manip, Assassin (village), Darkness (Evil)

Now most of these lynches have been pretty close, so it would have been unwise for the elims to kill their own, except at the last second to gain credibility. Here's what I think the votes reveal:

The most cleared right now is me, since I've helped lynch both of the Spies so far. Also up in this bracket are Ecth, because he voted on Darkness before a bus would have been wise, and Sheep, since I've been reading him strong village and so far he's never lynched a villager despite voting twice.

In the middle is Dani and Stick: both were helpful in lynching Darkness, but there's still a chance that they were just bussing their teammates.

The most suspicious two players right now (judging by votes only) are Mark and Chaos. However, Chaos has been in contact with me most of the game, and has justified her choices in not voting to the point where I don't think she's a lurking elim.

My biggest suspect, therefore, is Mark. So far he's never helped in a single lynch on an Evil player, and his vote on me seemed like that of an opportunist trying to get a claimed-village vote manip knocked off before he could do much to help.

And finally, some personal stuff to do, since I keep forgetting to send in PM requests.

@I_am_a_Stick You implied last round that you were a useful role. Was it Blue? If so, have you scanned any currently-living players?

@Mark IV Do you have anything to say in your defense.

And 1 final note: All Reds, self-protect. If there are 2 of us still alive, the elim can't win without lynching one of us.

I'm not so sure about Mark.  Last round he explained he wouldn't be able to vote (since he'd be asleep after he posted and wouldn't wake till after rollover) before the lynch discussion moved onto Darkness, thus Mark had no chance to participate in the lynch on Darkness.  Similarly, he didn't post at all on the day Bard was lynched.  If it was just the latter, I'd say that he was avoiding posting when a teammate is up for lynch, but given the latter, when he wouldn't have known beforehand, it seems reasonable.  I actually went to investigate Mark as well and he striked me as suspicious, but then I noticed that.  The other thing worrying me was that when he placed his vote on you he wasn't fully justifying it and was just copying my reasoning, but when I went back to look at it I saw that I was wrong about that; he justified voting on you further rather than copying my reasons.

Chaos' actions seem about right since it's her first game and she's getting to grips with it.  The people whose actions interest me more are Stick and Ecth.  I haven't really seen either of them posting a lot, yet Stick helped lynch and Ecth also helped lynch Assassin. (You might wanna check your stats, Len; Ecth didn't post last round).

If we look at Stick's vote on Darkness (I can't quote from closed threads :/):
"I'm voting for Darkness too. I'm fairly suspicious of Daniyah as well. But I have more to think on that matter"

There's not a lot there, is there.  They've voted on Darkness... why, exactly?  Because the rest of us did?  And then say they have suspicions on Dani but don't elaborate in the least.  The feeling I get from this is that they're trying to get us to trust them by bussing a teammate.  That would explain the lack of reasoning.  The second bit, about Dani, seems to further the cover.  "I'm voting for Darkness but I'm also suspicious of this other person" is much easier to look over than "I'm voting for Darkness".  There's more to it, if you get what I mean.

Then, looking at Ecth's vote on Assassin:

"I'll increase the vote margin on Assassin to help avoid manipulation. Whoever I was on before"

This is one of two posts Ecth made on Cycle 3 and the former wasn't relevant to lynch discussion but was more of a rules clarification if anything.  So, no contribution to the lynch, yet obviously following it enough to put this vote on Assassin. What I'm wondering is, we knew that Len had vote-manip, he revealed that near the beginning of the cycle, so surely the vote was secure with Len's manipulation.  That being said, we don't know how many Orange drafters the elims had, so it could have been what made the lynch, but I'm suspicious of voting just to secure a margin.  I'd rather there be some other reasoning there as well.  And then let's take this in the persepctive of knowing that Assassin was village.  Did Ecth do this for Darkness? No.  Did Ecth do this for Bard? No.  Yet the vote on Bard was in a very similar position to the vote on Assassin; with myself placing the third vote on Bard similar to how Ecth placed the third vote on Assassin.  Surely if Ecth was willing to vote to secure vote margins, he would have voted to secure the one on Bard.  So Ecth is putting in last minute votes to secure a lynch on a villager, but not doing the same for an eliminator.  That also seems suspicious to me.

Out of the two, I think I'm going to put my vote on Ecthelion.  I was originally going to go for Stick, but then I looked at the thing about how Assassin was village and Ecth's previous actions and that strikes me more of an eliminator, an eliminator protecting eliminators in the lynch and securing lynches on villages to further the elim goal.

Edited by AliasSheep
Removed vote formatting from quotes to avoid confusing the GM

2 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

I'm not so sure about Mark.  Last round he explained he wouldn't be able to vote (since he'd be asleep after he posted and wouldn't wake till after rollover) before the lynch discussion moved onto Darkness, thus Mark had no chance to participate in the lynch on Darkness.  Similarly, he didn't post at all on the day Bard was lynched.  If it was just the latter, I'd say that he was avoiding posting when a teammate is up for lynch, but given the latter, when he wouldn't have known beforehand, it seems reasonable.  I actually went to investigate Mark as well and he striked me as suspicious, but then I noticed that.  The other thing worrying me was that when he placed his vote on you he wasn't fully justifying it and was just copying my reasoning, but when I went back to look at it I saw that I was wrong about that; he justified voting on you further rather than copying my reasons.

Chaos' actions seem about right since it's her first game and she's getting to grips with it.  The people whose actions interest me more are Stick and Ecth.  I haven't really seen either of them posting a lot, yet Stick helped lynch and Ecth also helped lynch Assassin. (You might wanna check your stats, Len; Ecth didn't post last round).

If we look at Stick's vote on Darkness (I can't quote from closed threads :/):
"I'm voting for Darkness too. I'm fairly suspicious of Daniyah as well. But I have more to think on that matter"

There's not a lot there, is there.  They've voted on Darkness... why, exactly?  Because the rest of us did?  And then say they have suspicions on Dani but don't elaborate in the least.  The feeling I get from this is that they're trying to get us to trust them by bussing a teammate.  That would explain the lack of reasoning.  The second bit, about Dani, seems to further the cover.  "I'm voting for Darkness but I'm also suspicious of this other person" is much easier to look over than "I'm voting for Darkness".  There's more to it, if you get what I mean.

Then, looking at Ecth's vote on Assassin:

"I'll increase the vote margin on Assassin to help avoid manipulation. Whoever I was on before"

This is one of two posts Ecth made on Cycle 3 and the former wasn't relevant to lynch discussion but was more of a rules clarification if anything.  So, no contribution to the lynch, yet obviously following it enough to put this vote on Assassin. What I'm wondering is, we knew that Len had vote-manip, he revealed that near the beginning of the cycle, so surely the vote was secure with Len's manipulation.  That being said, we don't know how many Orange drafters the elims had, so it could have been what made the lynch, but I'm suspicious of voting just to secure a margin.  I'd rather there be some other reasoning there as well.  And then let's take this in the persepctive of knowing that Assassin was village.  Did Ecth do this for Darkness? No.  Did Ecth do this for Bard? No.  Yet the vote on Bard was in a very similar position to the vote on Assassin; with myself placing the third vote on Bard similar to how Ecth placed the third vote on Assassin.  Surely if Ecth was willing to vote to secure vote margins, he would have voted to secure the one on Bard.  So Ecth is putting in last minute votes to secure a lynch on a villager, but not doing the same for an eliminator.  That also seems suspicious to me.

Out of the two, I think I'm going to put my vote on Ecthelion.  I was originally going to go for Stick, but then I looked at the thing about how Assassin was village and Ecth's previous actions and that strikes me more of an eliminator, an eliminator protecting eliminators in the lynch and securing lynches on villages to further the elim goal.

Ecth voted on Darkness a previous night, before Assassin's lynch. I was referring to that.

@AliasSheep That can easily be explained if you were to look at when I was on the site. I was never online the cycle when Darkness was lynched, and the only time I was online the cycle when Bard was lynched was at the very beginning before any votes had actually been dropped on Bard.

Daniyah is who I'm suspicious of. As you said, she "jumped on the bandwagon for lynching Meta comparatively early", and her vote on Darkness was just thrown on at the end when Darkness was already ahead by a rather wide margin.

But whatever. Lynch me. I'm not useful anyway. I just don't want to, you know, lose.

Edited by Ecthelion III

4 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

Chaos' actions seem about right since it's her first game and she's getting to grips with it.  

Don't let yourself be fooled by the innocence of newcomers. I was an Elim in my first game (LG25) and the whole time I pulled off the "my first game, observing and getting to grips with it" thing in the thread and PMs. You know how that game ended :P 

Be clear though, I'm not saying I'm suspicious of Chaos.

5 hours ago, Elenion said:

Well, I mentioned that I had a role. Though, you know, it hasn't really proved to be useful yet :/ (it's isn't Blue) The problem is that I keep targeting the wrong players! It's annoying. How am I supposed to foresee who's gonna get attacked by the elims? So I just guess and stuff. I targeted Bard (I don't remember what cycle it was) once, but since I slept through the lynchy part, I didn't get to change my target to someone else and the result of my action was "Stink was revealed to help killed Bard" Now see, I don't even know how that makes sense. Because Stink was supposed to b a Normal and couldn't have helped kill Bard apart from the lynch. So...yeah . Also, none of the villagers got attacked this cycle. I kinda feel guilty that I find that frustrating, since I think I had guessed my target really well last cycle.  <_<

Sheep: His posts feel like they are genuinely trying to help the village. Gives off a very strong Villager read to me. I don't think this is disputed by anyone else either.

Stick: Neutral - Evil read. Has been posting Neutral things up until This cycle. Claiming that yellow drafters are necessarily good is IMO suspicious. No role is hard cleared. That might just be an eliminator tactic to send something akin to subliminal messages that Yellow drafter=villager. I might be reading too much into this, but that is the way I see it.

Ecthelion: Neutral read. I keep swinging between him being evil and good. His vanilla reveal makes me think he was a villager trying to hide an important role.. which would be a very eliminator thing to do.. yet it could also be a vanilla trying not to die too early on...  On the other hand, his vote on darkness (atleast that's what I infer from Elenion's post. I can't really find where Ecth voted for darkness) makes me read him as villager. so, I'm not too sure, and I'd wait a little before judging him.

Dani: Daniyah has been talking to me over PM and has mostly convinced me that she is good. Although this is a gut read, her frankness and prompt responses make me think she is a villager. 

Len: Initially gave off an eliminator gut read. But, I guess actions speak louder than words. Lynching two elims is too much to sacrifice even for an eliminator. So, yeah. Strong village read now.

Lady of Chaos: Remained silent so far. She does seem to give a  response when she's called out, but mostly observes the thread. Feels Elim to me. Like she spends more time talking in a ddoc, and that is what absorbs her time, rather than posting in the thread. I might be wrong, but she is my best guess for an Elim. (On a side note, yeah, I too was an elim in my first game, and people gave me the benefit of doubt even after calling me out. Ask Aman. And Stink. I'm not saying this is definitive proof of her guilt. I'm just saying it's no reason to let someone off the hook.) 

I might switch over to Stick if I become unsure of Chaos.

Elenion, I understand why you find me suspicious. I myself am not really convinced of my reasons. But, IMO, it's better than nothing to vote on the person you find most suspicious. Sheep is right in that all the lynch discussion seems to happen after I am gone to bed. Which leaves me little room for changing my vote based on what's being discussed on that day. instead, I must focus on the previous day's discussion only. That proves to be a hindrance when one is trying to vote for elims based on village discussion. 

Anyways, that's all for now. 

Thanks, @AliasSheep

Phew... This post almost got deleted.... 

I will say that i do respond more in the PM's that people have set up with me because it always kinda freaks me out posting in the thread. I guess i'm still not really used to talking in front of large groups of people. most of the time i do play the silent role, even online. I find it easier for me to talk when its just me and them which is why i post more in PM's. I would gladly start one with you if you want.

5 hours ago, Mark IV said:

Lady of Chaos: Remained silent so far. She does seem to give a  response when she's called out, but mostly observes the thread. Feels Elim to me. Like she spends more time talking in a ddoc, and that is what absorbs her time, rather than posting in the thread. I might be wrong, but she is my best guess for an Elim. (On a side note, yeah, I too was an elim in my first game, and people gave me the benefit of doubt even after calling me out. Ask Aman. And Stink. I'm not saying this is definitive proof of her guilt. I'm just saying it's no reason to let someone off the hook.) 

I've been keeping a near-constant PM with Chaos, and can vouch for her role. I am up-to-date on all actions (if any) that she has taken, and don't find any of them very suspicious.

6 hours ago, I_am_a_Stick said:

Maaaybe :ph34r:

I think I should yellow draft on myself this cycle now that my role is out 

That sounds wise, since it would protect you from all night-kills from now until the end of the game.

Also, I'm beginning to gather a master list of all claimed roles, actions, etc. in hopes of screening out eliminators. If anyone wants to contribute anything, please PM me. I'll be self-protecting and so won't die on you tonight.

12 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

@AliasSheep That can easily be explained if you were to look at when I was on the site. I was never online the cycle when Darkness was lynched, and the only time I was online the cycle when Bard was lynched was at the very beginning before any votes had actually been dropped on Bard.

Hmm, good point.  I don't think you're able to look at people's past times of being on the forum, so I don't think I could've checked that?

12 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

But whatever. Lynch me. I'm not useful anyway. I just don't want to, you know, lose.

Reverse psychology much? :P

Anyway, in light of that; Ecth Stick

Like I said, I was gonna vote for Stick anyway, and without the thing that was making me vote for Ecth, I'm going back to Stick.