Quick Fix Game 18: The Black Prism

Straw

QF18: The Black Prism

This is a standard quick fix elimination game. 24-hour day-night combined cycles.

Each player may PM two other people per cycle. This order must be sent in the cycle before. (If the player you target dies, you do not get a PM.)

There may or may not be secret roles.

Drafters

If a drafter drafts more than 7 times, they will become a wight and be executed immediately. There are seven different types of drafter, one for each color. Combinations (bichromes) are possible.

Sub-red

Sub red drafters may attempt every cycle to light someone’s room on fire and kill them. This has a 50% chance of working under normal circumstances, but if the room contains pyrejelly the attempt is guaranteed to work.

Red

Red drafters can cover a room with pyrejelly, blocking all actions used on that person.

Orange

As an orange drafter, you are very good at illusion. You can illusion someone else into voting with you. Thus you may change someone else’s vote, including no vote every cycle.

Yellow

Yellow drafters can create one yellow flare every cycle and give it to someone (including themselves). When that person dies, the role, name and alignment of their killer is revealed.

Green

Green drafters block the doorway, preventing the target from taking any actions.

Blue

A blue drafter is able to draft a luxin dagger and threaten a person with it to find out their role and alignment.

Superviolet

Superviolet drafters start with a doc. They can add one person to the doc each cycle.

Bichromes (drafters with two colors) are possible, and can use any one of their colors in any turn. To simplify matters, they will only have access to adjacent colors (ex. a bichrome with red luxin can also draft either sub-red or orange, but not green). Full Polychromes (drafters with every color) are also possible.

Non-drafters (and miscellanea)

Servants

Servants, by virtue of being able to wander about freely, can discover the role and alignment of a random person.

Prism

The prism is a full spectrum polychrome who is immune to becoming a wight.

Factions

Drafters

Standard Village faction. Note that although the faction is called Drafters, not every player will be a drafter. Win if they kill all spies within 10 cycles.

Spies

Standard Elimination faction. One kill per cycle, with a google doc in which to conspire. After 10 cycles, the Spies win even if they have not outnumbered the Drafters.

Write ups:

Edited by Alvron

Rollover is at 7pm Atlantic time.

Elbereth and Sart will be Co-GMing.

There will be secret roles.

You can make two PMs each cycle. No group PMs.

Order of actions:

Orange Drafter

Super-Violet Drafter

Red Drafter

Green Drafter

Yellow Drafter

Sub-Red Drafter

???

Servant

Blue Drafter

Player list:

1. Voral Grim (Alvron)

2. The Unnamed Person (The Young Bard)

3. Faren (Conquestor)

4. Nivag Pik (Assassin in Burgundy)

5. Brent Weak (Darkness Acendant)

6. Alexios of Illytia (Sheep)

7. Chaos (Lady of Chaos)

8. Human Target (Ecthelion III)

9. Has Too Much Time (Metacognition)

10. Stick (Stick)

11. Mark (Mark)

12. Fright Angel (STINK)

13. Epsilon (Daniyah)

14. The Blob (Elenion)

15. Test Subject #134 (Magestar)

Edited by Straw

Oh yay! Black Prism game! This will be fun! (When's the fourth book coming out, does anybody know? It's been a while since I read the last one...)

RP character to come, sorry.

Clarifications:

Are there any secret roles or items? (Looking at you, Paryl Drafters...)

1 hour ago, Straw said:

Yellow drafters can create two yellow flares every cycle and give each of them to someone (including themselves). When that person dies, the role and alignment of their killer is revealed (but not their name).

May I ask the point of this? Apart from showing whether they were killed by a sub-red village drafter or with the Eliminator kill, which is usually fairly obvious anyway, it looks pointless.

4 hours ago, Conquestor said:

I haven't read the books or heard of them, but can't pass up my chance to . . . be nice to everyone. 'Smiles awkwardly'. Any who, Faren will join, also, what is the book series called?

The Lightbringer Series, by Brent Weeks. The Black Prism is the first book in the series. And I looked it up - the 4th out of 5 in the series is coming out October... *grins gleefully*

Just now, Straw said:

Clarifications:

There will be secret roles.

You can make two PMs each cycle. No group PMs.

Order of actions:

Orange Drafter

Super-Violet Drafter

Red Drafter

Green Drafter

Yellow Drafter

Sub-Red Drafter

???

Servant

Blue Drafter

Can we get this in the main post?  It's really relevant information

How have all of you never heard of Brent Weeks and the Lightbringer series?!? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. :P 

All joking aside, I do recommend the series. The magic system is actually very unique and the story is shaping up to be quite epic. Weeks is probably my second favorite fantasy writer right now; coming after Sanderson, of course. 

I really shouldn't sign up. I didn't have enough time for the LG and so I doubt I'll have time for this either. But we'll see. If my schedule opens up a bit more after this upcoming week, I'll join in. We need at least one person who knows the source material after all! :P

1 minute ago, Metacognition said:

How have all of you never heard of Brent Weeks and the Lightbringer series?!? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. :P 

All joking aside, I do recommend the series. The magic system is actually very unique and the story is shaping up to be quite epic. Weeks is probably my second favorite fantasy writer right now; coming after Sanderson, of course. 

I really shouldn't sign up. I didn't have enough time for the LG and so I doubt I'll have time for this either. But we'll see. If my schedule opens up a bit more after this upcoming week, I'll join in. We need at least one person who knows the source material after all! :P

I know it! *grumbles*

But Weeks is definitely in my top 10 authors and possibly in my top 5, and I do thoroughly recommend giving it a read. If you don't take my or Meta's word for it, then listen to Peter Ahlstrom talk about how awesome this series is.

I'm a little over 20 chapters through the first book.  I'm hoping to at least finish that one before the game starts.  So far it's shaping up to be a very good series.

Edited by Alvron