Kurkistan

Book Personalization: Shared Compounding

8 posts in this topic

I bowed to temptation and ordered the TES/Defending Elysium (I quite like that story)/Firstborn 2-pack over the holidays, and I asked a question for the personalization. I feared a RAFO, but got an answer, so my thanks again to Brandon for putting up with me. :D

Kurkistan: Could an Augor Compound Health out of a goldmind if its proper owner messed with Identity in the right way?
Brandon: This is possible.

FirstBorn_Personalization_Altered.JPG

So that's one more theory to put to bed. :D

That's pretty awesome. Kind of what I suspected, but pretty awesome. I have to say, a full feruchemist, with access to all the metals, is probably the coolest/most interesting magic-user we've seen so far in the Sandersverse.

Thanks. I suspected this as well (hence the theory that I espouse ;)), but it's nice to get direct confirmation. This also leads us down a few other paths, as I noted in my gloating update post on the thread in question.

So far as why I asked this question in particular (if anyone cares ;)): You're limited to 120 characters on the personalization (so no crazy Realmatics for me), and I was leery of getting a RAFO. Also, I find this question interesting and implication-laden, and it was on my mind at the time when I was ordering the books.

Edited by Kurkistan

There isn't anything especially new here so I don't think it is worth creating a new thread for. My signed/personalized copies of TES and AOL just arrived.

With TES I asked if he could give me a new hint on aluminium's special properties/interactions with the metallic arts and got a totally expected RAFO :P I think just about any alu question will get RAFO'd atm, I should probably stop trying :P

With AOL I asked what Kelsier thought of them putting Elend on the throne/how that changed.

He wasn't thrilled but he came around

So pretty much what I had figured.

In case anyone wants to see:

post-6879-0-18210000-1393383721_thumb.jppost-6879-0-60640800-1393383749_thumb.jp

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

It is new. It means that a full Feruchemist or a Hemalurgic any metal + aluminum Ferring could give any allomancer Compounding - though they couldn't store it in metalminds obviously.

It is new. It means that a full Feruchemist or a Hemalurgic any metal + aluminum Ferring could give any allomancer Compounding - though they couldn't store it in metalminds obviously.

I wasn't talking about Kurk's stuff. I was talking about mine, saying that it wasn't worth a new thread, hence why I posted it here.

I wasn't talking about Kurk's stuff. I was talking about mine, saying that it wasn't worth a new thread, hence why I posted it here.

Whoops! Misunderstanding! Sorry!

Edit: and he wasn't Thrilled, hmm...

OK that would just be a ridiculous leap.

Edited by Swimmingly

Whoops! Misunderstanding! Sorry!

Edit: and he wasn't Thrilled, hmm...

OK that would just be a ridiculous leap.

All good :)

Heh, I seriously doubt it.