Favourite Surges that you want to have

Asasasyn in White

I have seen couple of the Twinborns topic. So why not start new one about Radiants? I'll start.

I really want Surges of abrasion and gravitation. Ofc that ones don't appear in any of Orders so I that will be hard to achieve.

Imagine, sliding not only on the ground but also on the walls and roofs. Plus an ability to fly... Or rather an ability to fall in a certian direction.

Edited by Asasasyn in White

The problem with this is that we still don't really know what 3 or 4 of the surges do. Well, we have an example for some, but no real explanation of why/how it does it. It kinda limits our imagination on what the powers are capable of doing, so we don't feel like picking them
That having been said, Adhesion and Cohesion. Cohesion is one of the aforementioned semi-unknowns, so bear with me here.

From the Coppermind: Cohesion Surge can be manipulated by the Surgebinder to alter objects at a molecular level; for example, a Surgebinder can push his hand into a table and leave a permanent handprint.
From Google/Wikipedia: Cohesion (from Latin cohaerere "stick or stay together") or cohesive attraction or cohesive force is the action or property of like molecules sticking together, being mutually attractive.
In theory, Cohesion should allow the person to stick objects of the same substance together, like the Full Lashings Kaladin/Szeth have used.

Both Cohesion and Adhesion alter the molecular connection substances have with each other. Cohesion with like substances, Adhesion with unlike substances.
Incoming Extrapolation: That connection should work both ways, sticking together and unsticking (Lift and Slicking) Having both powers means that a person could (dis)connect almost anything on the molecular level. I could turn a makeshift barricade into a solid object, reforge a broken sword in an instant, split objects into multiple pieces (cell bars can't hold me now:)) etc..
Legitimately Baseless Conjecture: Since it is a molecular change, it shouldn't need a constant source of Stormlight like the Lashings do. Once the molecules realign, it should be done.

Edit 2: Ok, so I'm a dumb. Lift has Abrasion, not adhesion. And in the Cosmere, Adhesion hasn't been used to alter something on a molecular level, I was going off how it was understood in our world. Everything not struckthough is still valid AFAIK.

Edited by The One Who Connects
Sources

• Chaos locked this topic