Voidus

I would like to join as I the Doppleganger. Skills are: - Magic, - Writing, - Observation, and Enchantment. They are an entity with a hatred for conformity, restrictions and spiders. In their natural form they have a large burn on their left hand (or so they say, it is never seen), which they cover with a glove and grey, overwhelmingly generic clothing. Their real-life origin is never talked about, and they have gone to many precautions to keep it that way, thank you very much.

I hope I'm not too late.

4 hours ago, Master Elodin said:

I would like to join as I the Doppleganger. Skills are: - Magic, - Writing, - Observation, and Enchantment. They are an entity with a hatred for conformity, restrictions and spiders. In their natural form they have a large burn on their left hand (or so they say, it is never seen), which they cover with a glove and grey, overwhelmingly generic clothing. Their real-life origin is never talked about, and they have gone to many precautions to keep it that way, thank you very much.

I hope I'm not too late.

You're short 1 skill unless you meant to keep the point spare?

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2016 at 6:24 AM, Conquestor said:

I want to join as Faren the Wizard. For skills, I want Magic - Runic Magic - Enchantment Magic - Herbalism - Stealth. I will be the more useful background person that helps my team.:D Faren is a nerd in the real world and has always loved rpgs because it allows him to be someone he's not. He wears a white cloak, hat, and black shirt. Faren often follows warriors around for protection and because he is able to help them the most with his Enchantment and Runic magic.

On 9/7/2016 at 7:57 AM, Edgedancer said:

So I'll wait a bit with character concept until all the info is up but as for questions up front, how long after being sucked into the game will the RP actually start and are there going to be classes? On a note building on that, writing doesn't seem like a very MMO types of skill, more in the relam of tabletop and having a skill called crafting when there are already multiple crafting skills like smithing and carpentry seems a bit odd, although from the description it sounds like it was supposed to be mining specifically. Just my two cents on that front.:ph34r:

On 9/7/2016 at 9:56 AM, Citadel16 said:

I want to join!! I will be Arson. skills I want are Magic- Runic Magic- Bladed Weapons- Stealth- Herbalism. 

He is trapped in the game and Really wants out. wears light armor and a long black coat.

as to actual gameplay, could you write a little clip to show how we would write from that sort of perspective (of a trapped person) and use some of the abilities described? Is it real? does it feel real? if their character dies in the game will they die in real life?

On 9/7/2016 at 4:03 PM, Zathoth said:

I might join. Maybe as a magical assassin or something.

How flashy is magic? Could I sneak murder with it?

On 9/7/2016 at 8:48 PM, cloudjumper said:

How much of a time commitment will it be? Will I be able to just check in a couple times a day and post?

On 9/7/2016 at 11:10 PM, Elenion said:

I'd like to echo Cloudjumper's question, but I'm going ahead and making a character anyway:

Amarthion: a paranoid engineer who loves mining, traps, and defensive magic.  Magic + Runic Magic + Gathering + Smithing (for mining as well as construction) + Carpentry

Hey,  remember this? :3

On 9/17/2016 at 11:36 AM, Quiver said:

...so. I'm considering a character, want to run it by ya'all. You know that joke about how guys play girls online?

(Or, you know. Look at the fact that my Oregon characters are girls)

Do a twist on that. A guy got the Beta, loaded it up, did a female...and finds themselves trapped as a female avatar.

And, yes, playing this as a straight up, uncomfortable expetience for them. That it's one thining to play a girl, another (very different) thing for someone who doesn't identify as female to be in that archetype.

...but I'm worried that that might be too dark or mature or uncomfortable topic...

On 9/17/2016 at 8:23 PM, Domi in the Dark said:

My character refers to his avatar as an "it", he sees it no more than a "host"

On 9/19/2016 at 9:51 PM, Blackhoof said:

Sounds interesting, definitely

On 11/30/2016 at 7:31 PM, Clockwork said:

May I join as a Wraith?

Skills:

-Stealth

-Archery

-Observation

-Increase Attack

-Herbalism IF IT INCLUDES POISONS. If not this is Fletching.

Oh, and what are the stats of the wraith? It didn't say.

Hey remember this? 

I'm hoping to start it up again. ^_^

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

If this ends up rebooting, I'll go with a wraith with these skills:

Magic(racial)(lvl1) - Runic(lvl1), Enchanting(lvl1).

Crafting(lvl1).

Writing(lvl1).

Smithing(lvl1).

Yeah, I know it'll be hard to level up at first, but then I can build some AWESOME stuff.  And make potions.

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

I'm gonna do that thing you see often in this type of story, where a group is teleported over to another world/there is a class-like magic system, where the protagonist is an enchanter and everyone is like "Enchanters can't fight!  They only build stuff!" and then the protag builds a magical railgun(I'm exaggerating to prove my point.  Items tailored to an individual party member's strengths and weaknesses are much more common) and then everyone is like :o

Edited by The Young Pyromancer

55 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

I'm gonna do that thing you see often in this type of story, where a group is teleported over to another world/there is a class-like magic system, where the protagonist is an enchanter and everyone is like "Enchanters can't fight!  They only build stuff!" and then the protag builds a magical railgun(I'm exaggerating to prove my point.  Items tailored to an individual party member's strengths and weaknesses are much more common) and then everyone is like :o

A book with exactly this plotline that you might enjoy is called "sufficiently advanced magic". Though the character was born in the world the story is set in.:D

Huh. Well I'm glad you know about it. I hope you enjoyed it. My character was in the earlier pages of the thread. The second one, I think. You could you check him out if you wanted. Maybe you could join the party I found up in. Unless this completely starts over. ^_^