Voidus

6 hours ago, Voidus said:

You start out with suitable beginners equipment, I'll send you a pm shortly with your equipment and starting stats and abilities.
Also assuming you mean forest elf, which  means you also get farsight as a skill for free :)
@Bond, Nahel Bond - Your display name is causing some issues with sending a pm, I can send you an email or you may need to change your name. The comma seems to be throwing the name detection off into thinking you're two people.

You can circumvent that by searching for "Nahel Bond" and picking his name from the pulldown.

Just now, Elenion said:

You can circumvent that by searching for "Nahel Bond" and picking his name from the pulldown.

Yeah tried that, recognizes the user but on sending it breaks it back into two people and gives an undeliverable message. :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Bond Nahel Bond said:

Sorry guys I'll take out that pesky coma.

And profile sent.

Something I just realized I didn't mention is that all players start with 100 gold pieces (gp)
Also Edgedancer coined the term NPPC which I'm using, for all NPCs who are players in the game. 

Ok, for those interested in talking to the first quest NPCs, this part should be pretty easily discoverable so I'll just make it public-
Dialogue tree-

NPC: A brave adventurer! Thank goodness! the town has been surrounded by goblins! They've killed off all the livestock and captured our town healer!

Player:
-That's terrible!
(NPC response) - I know! And we're all just farmers and tradesman, we can't rescue the healer but our town will be doomed without them!
-Why are goblins attacking a small town?
(NPC response) - How should I know!? They just suddenly arrived here and started attacking!
-How did they kidnap the healer?
(NPC response) - Well he was wandering alone outside the town walls, picking some herbs and they just kidnapped her
(Player response) - How do you know they kidnapped him if he was wandering alone?
(NPC response)- ... we don't have time for this!
-Maybe I should join the goblins
(NPC response) - How could you! We're in dire need of your help!

NPC: So won't you please rescue our town from the goblins and bring back Luka the healer?
(Accept quest: Saving the town from goblins? YES/NO)
(Conversation ends)

If talk to NPC again:
NPC: Shall I repeat that?
Player:
-Yes
(Repeats first conversation)
-No
(Ends conversation)

Any of the NPCs not at a stall or having a quest marker over them will appear as normal people, they can carry on fairly normal conversation and while they don't know much about how the players got stuck in the game they can give you a hint on where to go to find out more information. I can PM you the relevant clue if that's something your character would ask about.

2 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I want to join. What are the stats for the centaurs? Sorry if I'm a little late to your party.^_^

Not at all:

Centaur: Nature aligned, (passive) Start with archery skill, (passive) increased stamina, (passive) Unable to equip leg armour, (passive) increased speed

EDIT:
For those who've read Darkness' latest post a few things to note:
1- He's currently trialing a weather system that I might integrate later, current excuse is that he's an alpha tester for that piece of content, if he joins a party with anyone else he loses that bonus and goes to default at the moment.
2- Slight misunderstanding there with how levels work: Total level is simply the cumulative score for all your skill levels not a separate stat, you gain xp for each skill individually by performing actions related to that skill. For example for most enemies your combat skill levels by dealing damage to that enemy at a rate of .5xp per damage dealt, this is separate from the experience gained by say sneaking up on that enemy which will give you xp towards your sneak skill but not your combat skills. Dealing a sneak attack will give xp to both.
3- Darkness came up with an idea for achievments that he wanted to try, I have actually had a similar idea that I wasn't sure I'd implement in the RP but I probably will, which is titles. Titles bestow ongoing passive benefits but you can only have one equipped at a time. Your equipped title is also visible to other players for example if I acquired the Adventurer title my name would become Voidus [The Adventurer]
So those achievements listed will be retconned but I will be doing something similar.

5 minutes ago, Blackhoof said:

I reckon I will be Xalthus- Dark Wizard extraordinaire! Real-life name: Damien Fenwick. 

Race: Human
Skills: Magic - Chanting Magic - Increase Magic - Writing - Summoning

Ooh pure mage.

On mobile right now but pm coming soon.

Character: Centaur-male

Name: Stormclove

Skills: Magic-writing, magic, fletching, bladed weapons, cooking

Equipment: dagger+sheath, bow & arrows, leather jerkin

Description: chestnut horse hair, black head-hair (long), tanish copper skin, grey eyes

Does this work?

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Description: chestnut horse hair, black head-hair (long), tanish copper skin, grey eyes

Does this work?

Magic-writing is a higher level ability, you can take regular writing which eventually unlocks it though.

2 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Does this work?

Does flecheting even make that much sense if someone can't use a bow?

Just now, Edgedancer said:

Does flecheting even make that much sense if someone can't use a bow?

You could try to use the bow and any arrows you made without if you're a crafter but you'd get a pretty harsh deduction from your damage output and bows already have a lower damage output.

4 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

@Edgedancer He said I start out with an archery skill, see the centaur stats. If you see something I missed maybe you can point it out. Thanks.

Ah yeah, you're absolutely right.

3 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Oh right, forgot my own race bonus for a second :P 

I don't blame you. You have what, over 30?:mellow:
By the way, why are demons undead?

Just now, Edgedancer said:

Ah yeah, you're absolutely right.

I don't blame you. You have what, over 30?:mellow:
By the way, why are demons undead?

That classification system is meant to decide which city you start in, the undead and demons share an underworld like city. For the purposes of the RP I thought it'd be better if everyone started in the same city though so those don't have a lot of bearing on anything.