Voidus

I'd like to make my character a Dwarf. I'm also looking for a clan that needs a home base built for them, seeing as I can dig it out for them, rig it with all kinds of traps, and craft weapons and armor on the side. I'll join any alignment as long as they can promise me safety and loot.

@Voidus My character is now ready.

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

I'd like to make my character a Dwarf. I'm also looking for a clan that needs a home base built for them, seeing as I can dig it out for them, rig it with all kinds of traps, and craft weapons and armor on the side. I'll join any alignment as long as they can promise me safety and loot.

@Voidus My character is now ready.

Well, we could start a clan together. My character would be doing most of the raiding and protecting, plus, it would be good for Faren to have a rune user guarding his back. Also, I would like it if we had a assassin and other types of magic users join.

@Voidus I would like to know about the dwarf race.

I would like this clan to guard each other's weaknesses, such as Faren not being able to use magic very well because of his smaller mana pool and a wizard not being able to take very many hits, guarding each other in a battle.

6 hours ago, Conquestor said:

Would anyone like to start an adventuring clan with Faren? Also, when does this game start, I want to level up my character to level . . . what level is the max level? I also want to know how we gain new skills and increase old ones.

1 minute ago, Conquestor said:

Well, we could start a clan together. My character would be doing most of the raiding and protecting, plus, it would be good for Faren to have a rune user guarding his back. Also, I would like it if we had a assassin and other types of magic users join.

I would like this clan to guard each other's weaknesses, such as Faren not being able to use magic very well because of his smaller mana pool and a wizard not being able to take very many hits, guarding each other in a battle.

Should be starting today probably, I'm off from work so I'll get through all the numbers send out PMs for anyone else who finishes their character and then we can start. :)
Max level for each skills is 50, new skill points acquired every 10 total levels (So when all of your skills reach 2 or if one reaches 6 you'll unlock your next skill point)
Total skill level has no max cap but you can only have 20 active skills at a time so getting more than that means you have to swap out the ones you're using, this just changes whether or not you can use the abilities of that skill, there's no level reset involved. (Can only be done in a safe zone)
Increase skills by using them, there's an xp chart that I'll be putting up shortly for how much xp you need for each level.

Dwarves: Human alignment, (passive) Increased XP gain from mining or smithing related activities, (passive) Increased endurance, (passive) increased chance to find gems.
If anyone creates a clan I'll also periodically send NPC 'players' to ask if they can join. They'll be available as companions intermittently and might help by creating items for your clan, depositing gold into its coffers or upgrading your base.

2 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

What are the abilities of humans, ents, swampmen, elementals, forest elves, and golems please? Also, can I join? 

Humans: Human alignment, Don't get a racial level, get a base 10% increase to XP gains and as humans are the most numerous race they get the most frequent persuasion options outside of shifters.
Swampmen: Nature alignment, Dark alignment, (passive) +X% resistance to physical attacks, (passive) +X% effectiveness with earth, water and swamp magic, (passive) Armour degrades X% faster, (passive) Increased aggro from non-swamp mobs, (active) Quagmire: Area of effect binding spell (consumes mana, must have Magic unlocked)
Ents: Nature alignment, (passive) increased endurance, (passive) non-boss plant mobs passive unless attacked, (passive) increased XP from plant gathering or farming activities.

Forest Elves: Nature alignment, (passive) Start with farsight skill, (passive) increased mana, (active) Wild call: Target beast creature becomes ally for duration
Golem: Nature alignment, (passive) increased endurance, (passive) reduced HP regeneration, (passive) +X% effectiveness for earth magic, (passive) physical resistance +X%

Yes you can definitely join

Spoiler

Level Xp to next Total XP
1 60 0
2 72 60
3 86 132
4 104 218
5 124 322
6 149 446
7 179 596
8 215 775
9 258 990
10 310 1248
11 372 1558
12 446 1929
13 535 2375
14 642 2910
15 770 3552
16 924 4322
17 1109 5247
18 1331 6356
19 1597 7687
20 1917 9284
21 2300 11201
22 2760 13502
23 3312 16262
24 3975 19574
25 4770 23549
26 5724 28319
27 6869 34043
28 8242 40911
29 9891 49153
30 11869 59044
31 14243 70913
32 17091 85155
33 20509 102247
34 24611 122756
35 29533 147367
36 35440 176900
37 42528 212341
38 51034 254869
39 61240 305902
40 73489 367143
41 88186 440631
42 105824 528818
43 126988 634641
44 152386 761630
45 182863 914015
46 219436 1096879
47 263323 1316314
48 315987 1579637
49 379185 1895625
50 - 2274810

XP table

1 hour ago, Conquestor said:

Let's do it. I'm good at gathering, construction, and defense, but not very good at attacking.

What should we call ourselves?

Edited by Elenion

9 minutes ago, cloudjumper said:

I forgot to ask about this one, so what are the abilities for ooze? Also, what elements are available for elementals?

Yay! (Ooze and enchanted armour are probably my favourites
Elements are: Fire, water, Energy (Electricity)

-Ooze/slime:  Dark alignment, (passive) ignore physical damage below X, (passive) immune to poison,(passive) reduced stamina,(toggle) Change form- Change between humanoid or slime appearance.
(Humanoid form) - Dark alignment becomes mutable alignment,  (passive) decreased persuasion with those of suspicious or observant nature
(Slime form) - Dark alignment, (passive) decreased persuasion from all non-dark-aligned characters, (passive) +X% chance to dodge attacks, (active) consume: Lunge at target to try to consume them, target takes X damage per second, healing you for X/2 lasts until opponent passes resistance check.

12 minutes ago, cloudjumper said:

Does having magic unlocked grant you anything other than being able to access the three magic skills (chanting, runes, enchantment)?

Passive bonuses mostly, unlocks abilities in other trees, increases magic defense. Mostly it just adds mana though.

Alright. I'll be Jele the Ooze with throwing, writing, stealth, herbalism, and resist physical. Jele is a bug in the system, a rogue NPC that is trying desperately to stay hidden from the programmers, which he calls "the destroyers". They've already taken his friends, and he is the last sentient NPC left. However, he has a trick up his sleeve. He can change into a normal NPC any time he wants, but retains consciousness in the back of his mind. It kind of creeps him out, but he'll do anything to stay alive.

1 minute ago, cloudjumper said:

Alright. I'll be Jele the Ooze with throwing, writing, stealth, herbalism, and resist physical. Jele is a bug in the system, a rogue NPC that is trying desperately to stay hidden from the programmers, which he calls "the destroyers". They've already taken his friends, and he is the last sentient NPC left. However, he has a trick up his sleeve. He can change into a normal NPC any time he wants, but retains consciousness in the back of his mind. It kind of creeps him out, but he'll do anything to stay alive.

Potential issue: All the NPCs sort of do that, to the players stuck in the game the NPCs all seem pretty sentient. Could still work since the others do still follow schedules and they do periodically lapse into blank-eyed npc mode where they just deliver their lines. But something to consider.
If you're still happy with it I'll send you a message shortly.

So much to my annoyance I can't find a webhost that supports HTML code without having to pay more for it. And the Voidus household budget is currently mostly focussed around our new Voidlet. Luckily I think I've found a workaround that should do well: There's a site called rolz.org that supports individual chat rooms that keep a log and it can do most types of dice rolls so what will probably end up happening is I'll send out templates that include roll codes in them, players then just log in, perform any necessary roll checks and then writes out all the necessary dialogue and actions. I haven't really based these rules on D&D so it might be a bit messy while I work things out/balance everything but hopefully it should work well enough.

I'm mostly just checking things at the moment but if anyone wants to feel free to create a login for Rolz(Please use your 17th Shard name if possible) and login to the chat room GameofGuilds, passsword is 'Nighthounddied'.

9 hours ago, Voidus said:

Potential issue: All the NPCs sort of do that, to the players stuck in the game the NPCs all seem pretty sentient. Could still work since the others do still follow schedules and they do periodically lapse into blank-eyed npc mode where they just deliver their lines. But something to consider.
If you're still happy with it I'll send you a message shortly.

I'm still happy with it.

Ok, think I've got everything sorted, game will be beginning shortly, I'll create a new thread and set the scene, I'll list directions to explore and if you want to go a particular direction then PM me and I'll tell you what there is to do/find.
I'll also be posting a list of NPC players here shortly, if you want to party up with one let me know and I'll either start a collab for you to try and convince them or let you know if you can just go ahead and party up.

6 minutes ago, Elenion said:

What's the technical difference between parties and clans? (Other than that Clans are usually bigger).

Clans are more permanent. Parties are meant for short term adventures, clans are meant to be longer term, usually lasting your entire playthrough. Clans can own property, own a shared treasury and gain some other miscellaneous benefits. Parties can share combat experience, divide loot automatically and complete quests as a group.
So even if you're in a clan with someone you would usually form a party with that person if you're also planning on working together to take down a boss, go grinding or complete a quest together.

Ok, game thread is up, please try to OOC chat to this thread or the rollz chatroom: https://rolz.org/dr?room=GameofGuilds (Password =Nighthounddied)

NPCs: I won't be keeping track of their xp directly for the most part so I'll just periodically level them up appropriately.

Amathelon (Solo player, hunter, not stuck): Male Forest elf - Herbalism, Archery, Fletching, Summoning, Trapping, Farsight
Artax (Support, actively seeking party, stuck in game): Female Lamia- Herbalism, Magic, Gardening, Enchantment magic, Observation
Cthulu123 (Rogue, wants to lead a party, not stuck): Male Swampman- Stealth, Observation, Bladed weapons, Increase Attack, Magic
Derren_$$(Healer/Light mage, stuck): Male Angel- Magic, chanting magic
Zandarr.Rules(Tank, not stuck): Enchanted armour- Bladed weapon, Increase Endurance, Increase Attack, Summoning, Magic
Kendeliar(Assasin, not stuck): Female beastman (Cat) - Stealth, Archery, Increase Attack, Fletching, Crafting

I would like to join this rp!

Once upon a time I created a guy called Valkyros, he was an archangel of Death, Vengeance and Repentance. The following is copied and pasted from my DeviantArt account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arkangel_of_vengeance_and_repentance_by_

valkyros__battle_armor_by_radioactive_ti

valkyros__arkangel_of_death_and_vengeanc

This is what Valkyros uses when returning a mortal soul back to heaven. 
It has a soulstone core which is covered in celestial silver. Just one cut pulls out your soul. The scythe also allows Valkyros to put the body of the soul under his control temporarily but he has to return the soul eventually.

valkyros__soulstone_scythe_by_radioactiv

Using this blade, Valkyros can harness Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Heavenly forces. He almost never uses it as it drains him to the point where he balances between life and death. It is a last resort weapon and carries immense power.

valkyros__elemental_battlesword_by_radio

This guy is a character I have been developing for a couple of weeks. His name is Valkyros, he is an archangel of vengeance and repentance. Some people might know that there are already quite alot of Angels of Vengeance like the 6 angels of vengeance; Gabriel, Satanael, Lucifer, Raphael, Michael and Uriel along with others like Raguel. But each of these guys enact vengeance in different and holy ways but as you have probably noticed my character's title is Arkangel, because in my world there are different deities and powers. 

What I mean by Arkangel of vengeance and Repentance is like when someone wrongs another, the person who was wronged retaliates but gives the other person a chance to make up for their sins, and in this way is also merciful.

He is one of the Arkangels of God and are one celestial order above Seraphim. The other Arkangels are Manaheil, the angel of life and beauty (on the inside), Alfaheim angel of harmony and destiny, Arkhaion, Angel of the past and present and one of the oldest beings in the world, his name means Ancient one, Garahom, Angel of Justice, Mercy and fairness and Aeolus, the god of eternity, future and belief. The Arkangels are the messengers between Earth and the seven heavens.

The hierarchy for the Celestials is
ARKANGELS
SERAPHIM- Thanalos, Angel of death and the after-life, Darmonus, the judger, Harkonious,Angel of revelation, wisdom and correction,

Halafiel the angel of Willpower, space and control,

Azrael, the Avenger and Sabah, the aider of creation
CHERUBIN- Orphakeil, Angel of History and Orphans, Ranaleigh, Angel of Writing, education and chroniclers and Zorphiel, The Keeper of secrets.
THERAMONS- Ordan, Angel of Order and ordered chaos, Banakol, Angel of the Scriptures and holy spirit, Charonus, Angel of transition, ascension and power and Sekhloman, The recorder.
DORMINIONS- Hashmal- Chief of the worker angels.
ELEMENTALS- (these angels can incarnate inside humans as to carry out their duties, all the previous vessels are preserved and help the Elementals carry out their duties) Aeronol, angel of air, heavenly wind and gases, Parashol, angel of fire, heat and fiery passion, Zephir, angel of art, music and healers, Solomon, Angel of scientists and worth,   Haloshen, Angel of preists and the faithful, Khanaqua, Angel of water, liquids and musicians, Gaianos, Angel of the Earth, earthy forces, physics and stubbornness and Vinoquol, Angel of Valor, Bravery and Optimism.
CAPACITONS- Machinos, Angel of mechanisms, human ingenuity and electricity, the Vanaheim, Defenders of the universe, Ionom, Angel of ideas and birth and Phelophu, Angel of Prophecy and Philosophy
PRINCIPALS- Mentors- the angels who assist world leaders, The Guidan- the Angels who guide humans in times of need and the Municipals, the Overseers of the angels below them.
GUARDIANS- These angels are assigned to everyone when they are born and return to God when the person they are assigned to die, they record a person's deeds in life and protect them from premature deaths. 

Whew, so that's the Angels of God, now to the last thing

FALLEN ANGELS- These are angels who were corrupted or turned their back on god, They are led by Satanael, or Shaytan or     
                              Satan, more commonly known as the Devil. 
                                The Shades
                              SATANAEL- Fallen Angel of Arrogance, Power and Evil
                              AZAZEL- Fallen Angel of Destruction  
                              GENESIS- The Fallen Angel of Origin, revenge and darkness
                              WATCHERS- The Fallen Angel of Revolution, EVILution* and demons.
                              DIABLO- Fallen Angel of pagans, rituals and magic
                              LUCIFER- Fallen Angel of anger, sin and mistakes. The Accuser (can turn into a dragon)
                              JORMUNDAR- The Harbringer of Apocalypse and Death
                              MAELSTROM- Fallen Angel of Chaos, Confusion and Shadows
                              JANN- Controller of the Jinn, Hellfire and the Fallen Angel of Disobedience 
                              MEPHISTOPHELES- The Ultimate Punishment, he is possessed by the spirit of Moloch, the tyrant king.
                              NEPHILIM
                              Prometheus- The unholy Creator, Abbadon-death, Azebethibou- The red Angel, Adaros-The transformer,Asmoday- The fallen angel of disabilities, Asmodeous- The foulest being, Baal- the Archdemon of shadows,Bathin- The Headless Horseman, Behemoth- Destroyer of Dreams, Leviathan- Enstrangler of the weak,       Buer- Corrupted angel, the teacher of morals and ethics, Decariba- The Summoner, Berith- Unknown angel, Beleth-Tyrant King, Aligor- The Deciever, Enepsigor- the Dark Knight, Kain- Spreader of Fear, Forneas- Ruler of the monsters of the deep, Furcas- The cruel torturer, Gomory- The twister of words, Kraken- The sinker of                           ships, Mastema- Fallen Angel of Defence, Morax- the whisperer, Ornias- The annoying shapeshifter, Qemal- The Unkillable, Solas(corrupted)- Teacher of Astronomy, Vepar- The Siren, Wormwood- Bringer of Plagues and disease, Xapahan(imprisoned)- The one who spreads the fires of hell. There are a lot more lesser                                           Nephilim
                              THE DEADLY SINS
                              Grenafol- Pride
                              Glanascos- Gluttony 
                              Succubon- Lust
                              Remora- Envy
                              Xeraph- Sloth
                              Araxan- Greed
                              Haxobus- Wrath
                              Demons
                              They include monsters and spirits from Alps to Zombies

So that's it, hope you liked my ideas. Will do more on this! Thank you all!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you all have probably guessed, I never continued beyond this XD, but after seeing your idea @Voidus, I was wondering if you would like to use this :). perhaps I could develop a "DLC", to incorporate all of this, with your permission of course. I also have one other suggestion that some races automatically start with some skills i.e Elves, enchantments or archery, Dwarves, smithing. I also assume that angels can fly.

So to my character. 

His name is Valkyros, his race is of the angels. His user, Timothy, is an on-off gamer with considerable skill, his friends often challenge him by giving him a game he has never played before then timing him on how long he takes to complete the game. One day, whilst playing the new DLC for "Game of Guilds", called "The culling of the angels", after spending some few hours into the DLC, Timothy found himself inside the game, and has remained there ever since.

Name- Valkyros (The demon slayer)

Race- Angel (Ark)- celestial order 1

Original 5 skill-points spent- Magic(Enchantment), Stealth, Bladed Weapons, Summoning and Archery (even tho he uses a crossbow)

Valkyros holds an elemental blade that can control the elements of fire,water, earth, wind and the primal ability of storms, however after use, Valkyros enters a state of unstable stasis between life and death.

He has a soulstone scythe and a light crossbow, the soulstone scythe allows him to take the soul of one being, it's soul carried in the soulstone core until being either sent on or returned. The light crossbow shoots bolts of light which are harmless against light-alligned beings but deadly to dark creatures. 

Also @Voidus, for the first game(?), do we just post our reactions to the setting? I'll post an example of what I mean there

Just now, Bond, Nahel Bond said:

Are you still taking submissions. If so what are the ogre stats.

Certainly are,

Ogre:
Dark alignment, (passive) Strength bonus, (passive) requires custom or ogre-dropped armour to equip, (passive) reduced dexterity, (passive) stealth skills less effective, (passive) bonus to bare-handed damage

35 minutes ago, Bond, Nahel Bond said:

My charecter is URL (pronounced Earl) the Wood elf. He is middle aged archer who is interested in teaming with a party.

skills:

archery 

fletching 

magic 

sumoning 

gathering 

Are we responsible for equipping our characters with weapons and item or do we not start out with anything?

You start out with suitable beginners equipment, I'll send you a pm shortly with your equipment and starting stats and abilities.
Also assuming you mean forest elf, which  means you also get farsight as a skill for free :)
@Bond, Nahel Bond - Your display name is causing some issues with sending a pm, I can send you an email or you may need to change your name. The comma seems to be throwing the name detection off into thinking you're two people.