Voidus

3 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I'll build the human.

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Quill 

Race: Human/Wraith

Skills: Bladed weapons, Archery, Stealth, Gatherer, Fletching

Equipment: (TBD)

Human racial abilities: Get a base 10% increase to XP gains and as humans are the most numerous race they get the most frequent persuasion options outside of shifters.

You know, if you wanted too, this guy could handle physical skills while Farulf handles the magic stuff. Maybe he could even do Magic, enchanting magic, chanting magic, rune magic, and increase magic. Then he'd have almost all of the magics and still be able to handle himself. ^_^

@Emperor Stick

Also, can I keep Storm? Either as he is or restarting him entirely? He's been awesomely fun to play. :D

Happy for people to have multiple characters if they think they can handle it. Means there'll probably be a couple of parties forming instead of just the one but that might work well.

And yeah fine with using Storm from a restart.

Yay!

That mean's he's like this:

Spoiler

Name: Stormclove

Core personality: loyal, Protector, self sacrifice, supporter.

Appearance: chestnut brown, light tan skin, almost white, long dirty blonde hair. Muscular, hairless below the eyebrows until the horse body. A few scars from fights.

Stats:
Primary Attributes:
Endurance: 5
Strength: 5
Charisma: 5
Dexterity: 5
Magic: 5

Secondary attributes:
Health:  100
Mana: 100
Stamina:  150
Physical damage: 5
Magical damage: 5
Speed: 10

Modifiers:

Skills:
Magic(lvl 1),
Writing(lvl 1),
Cooking(lvl1)
Bladed weapons(lvl 1),
Archery (lvl 1),

Equipment:
You have been given Starters equipment- Hunting bow, Wooden arrows (x100),Adventurers Shirt, Adventurers Trousers, Knife, Small bronze hatchet, Skinning knife, cooking pot.
Abilities: You have unlocked...

-Snipe- Fire an arrow with 100% accuracy for 150% damage, 5 second cooldown

-rapid fire-

-Chop tree- Gather wood from wood collection points as long as you have a hatchet with you.

-Fletch- Turn gathered wood into arrows and other items as long as you have a knife with you.

-Arrow master- Due to obtaining both fletching and archery you manage to retrieve more arrows that you have fired at enemies after defeating them.
You will unlock more abilities as you level your skills and acquire new ones.

-Prepare food- Turn ingredients into edible food based on recipes or experimentation.

-Second Slash- Deals  50% extra damage if used immediately after combat begins but not as the first attack.

Recipes:
You have learned how to craft the following:

Unstrung oak bow: You can craft a basic bow made of oak, you will need to find some string before you can use it though.
Wooden arrow shafts: You can turn any type of wood into a stack of arrow shafts. You'll need feather them to use them with a bow.

Wooden arrow: You can attach a feather to an arrow shaft to create a fully fletched wooden arrow. Now if only it had a stronger tip...

Rabbit stew: Add water, rabbit meat x2, wild vegetables x5 to create a rabbit stew, restores HP on consumption, +1 strength for 1 hour.

New skills!
You have unlocked the following skills, spend Skill Points to acquire:
Critical target -2SP (Increase critical chance, acquire abilities to cripple enemies)

You are a level 1 Centaur
The speed of a centaur is nothing to be sneezed at, you have nearly double the speed of most other races. Your body also has superior stamina in keeping with your races speed, enabling you to run swifter and for long than almost any species.

Unfortunately armorers are not well equipped to outfit a centaur, while you are capable of wearing most torso armours you are unable to equip any leg-armour unless it specifically is suited for centaurs.

You are Nature Aligned ( 3)
Your alignment causes creatures, beasts and Nature aligned characters to be less hostile to you. Human aligned characters are slightly wary of you.

Right? :)

Also, is there a class system in this? :)

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

Just for everyone else don't fret too much about the numbers, if anyone ever wants to do a status check I can provide them but we're going for something a bit more freeform now so specifics like that are going to be less relevant.

No class system but guilds are close.

And just a quick terminology reminder:
Guild - In-game organization of Players and NPCs, usually themed around a profession. (Mages, Knights, Assassins, etc.)
Clan - Player-run large organization of Player Characters.
Party - Small gathering of Player Characters who share experience and generally quest together.

So here is Tess, 2nd draft. I left the stats aside, but I can add them if neccessary.

Spoiler

Name: Contessa Riviera
Physical Characteristics: see picture
Skills: Magic, Enchantment Magic, Thrown, Swimming, Increase Magic
Equipment: none
Weakness: scared of fire
Character: erratic, curious, changes a lot depending on the weather and the overall mood, coward
Backstory: When Tess first started the game, she decided to play an elemental, because they sounded cool. Now that she is one, she finds herself more and more getting dragged into the character she created and has trouble to keep to her human morals and ideas.
Her out of game parents and sisters probably miss her already, although she has no way to check this. Her father always told her, that her gaming will be her doom one day, and right it seems as if he was right.
Fighting Style: run and hide, fight only as a last resort

f0231548392fb8292e8834dfd17b1a5f.jpg.61987eb9946bc11ba28664afc277514a.jpg

I know the woman in the picture is wearing an armor. I don't need to have one (and especially nothing made out of metal), but I liked the picture.

Is there a list somewhere regarding the spells and all that?

Edit: Did I forget anything?

Edited by Sorana

13 minutes ago, Sorana said:

So here is Tess, 2nd draft. I left the stats aside, but I can add them if neccessary.

Hide contents

Name: Contessa Riviera
Physical Characteristics: see picture
Skills: Magic, Enchantment Magic, Thrown, Swimming, Increase Magic
Equipment: none
Weakness: scared of fire
Character: erratic, curious, changes a lot depending on the weather and the overall mood, coward
Backstory: When Tess first started the game, she decided to play an elemental, because they sounded cool. Now that she is one, she finds herself more and more getting dragged into the character she created and has trouble to keep to her human morals and ideas.
Her out of game parents and sisters probably miss her already, although she has no way to check this. Her father always told her, that her gaming will be her doom one day, and right it seems as if he was right.
Fighting Style: run and hide, fight only as a last resort

f0231548392fb8292e8834dfd17b1a5f.jpg.61987eb9946bc11ba28664afc277514a.jpg

I know the woman in the picture is wearing an armor. I don't need to have one (and especially nothing made out of metal), but I liked the picture.

Is there a list somewhere regarding the spells and all that?

Edit: Did I forget anything?

I don't think so... I believe he'll either tell us the spells, or let us slowly work them out within rational limits. :)

2 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I don't think so... I believe he'll either tell us the spells, or let us slowly work them out within rational limits. :)

I looked for them everywhere and then decided to ask :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot!

That's a good idea! It would be helpful to have a spell list. Here's an updated version:

Spoiler

Name: Farulf the Oblivion Defier

Race: Human/Wraith

Skills: Chanting magic, Rune magic, Enchantment magic, Increased magic, Smithing.

Equipment: None

Special/Magic Abilities: 

Blinding darkness (blast of dark magic that staggers/temporarily blind an opponent)

Wraith racial abilities: Dark aligned, (passive) greatly increased physical resistance, (passive) greatly decreased endurance, (passive) immune to dark damage, (passive) decreased resistance to light damage, (passive) decreased strength, (passive) start with magic skill, Negate fall (Passive).

Edited by Emperor Stick
Exorcised the grammarly demons

I think I might make the basic level spells public this time yeah, first time around I kept specifics hidden so people would have to discover what skills did but given that I'm hoping for mor player-driven world building and mechanics this time I'll make the starting points more easily available.

But first up is sleeping time because I'm going to need to hunt around for those spell lists :P

33 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Yeah.  I'll probably still follow the previous progression, if that's allowed, since I work best either completely freeform or in an already established system.

Plus, that way I can be a munchkin! :D

Ooh yes, the glorious one. :)

I liked the old too, but I like this too. I think I'll base my characters leveling on number of enemies slain and number if quests completed. Then he'll have to complete a certain number of both before I'll let him level. Fewer quests than enemies, I think. :)

How's that sound?

Also,  @Emperor Stick, cool guy! He can make epic weapons and I'll slay the enemies en-masse! :D

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Are we all the same party?

I have nothing against people being a pre-existing party if they want to.

Spell list (At level 1):

Spoiler

Chanting

Magic Bolt Bolt of arcane damage. (Single target, small damage. ~15% of max mana at lvl 1)
Magic Pulse: Arcane pulse, staggers opponent (Single target, small range, half damage of magic bolt + chance to stagger opponent of your level or lower, ~15% of max mana)

Runic Magic:

Can have up to 5 runes cast at any one time

Fire rune - Inscribes a rune on the ground which triggers when stepped on. (Short range, ~1.5x damage of Magic bold, fire damage, ~40% of max mana)
Frost rune - As above but ice damage
Stagger rune - Staggers triggering enemy if they are your level or lower (short range, no damage, ~40% of max mana)
Sleep rune - May cause the sleep condition on the enemy that triggers the rune, more effective the lower the health of the enemy.

Enchantment Magic:

Enchant Attack - Increases physical damage (~15% of max mana)
Enchant Defense - Increase physical resistance by 10% (~15% of max mana)
Enchant Magic - Increase Magical attack damage (~15% of max mana)

Summoning:

Summon Dodo - Summons a small flightless bird (~30% of max mana)
Summon Goblin - Summon a goblin friend to help you in battle (~70% of max mana)