Voidus

1 hour ago, Emperor Stick said:

Ooh, could I do something like Talon and Celembrimor in Shadow of War/Mordor?

Could be two people who were roleplaying something like that (one as a wraith, one as a human), but not as a single character.

39 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Could be two people who were roleplaying something like that (one as a wraith, one as a human), but not as a single character.

2 hours ago, Emperor Stick said:

I'm gonna wait and see if I can give my character Monado-esc visions, or do something like Talion in Shadow of War/Mordor before I build the rest of my character

If you two don't mind/ would like, I could be the human or the wraith in that situation. It depends on what you'd prefer and enjoy more. I would still focus mainly on Storm, but I wouldn't mind helping another friend out. :)

I also enjoy writing support characters if needed, but that being said in the interests of keeping to a manageable level of commitment I'll cede to Lith this time if ES is okay with it.

Also I'm both enthused and a little scared by how quickly Lith summoned an army of RPers to revive this :P
#Lithilatti

What's a Lithilatti? And it was easy! I just slowly strengthen and widen my base of friends/aquiantances, then I mention them which alerts them to something cool. They came, checked it out, saw you and me both thought it was fun, and decided to try it out. All it takes is ruthlessly high levels in social interaction. :D

I'm past level 89 now.

So much socializing... 0w0

:P
I get practice. :)

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

I'll work on a character today. I've got a vague idea, but it needs some polishing.

Cool! Me and Voidus can help if you get stuck- just give us an @ summons. :)

@Sherlock Holmes I'm sorry to keep prodding you like this, but what do you think? :D

8 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Cool! Me and Voidus can help if you get stuck- just give us an @ summons. :)

Thank you for the offer. Actually I do have some questions.

So I thought about taking these skills:

Magic, Enchantment Magic, Thrown, Writing, Increase Magic

Do I need to join a guild up front?

And what happens if I play an elemental? Does that change the list of skills I can access?

What elements do you work with? Water, fire, earth, air, magic? Water, fire, earth, metal, air, ice?

Edited by Sorana

11 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Nice!

There's a simple template to get started:

-race

-five skills from the skill list. 

After that, you can basically make a full-blown character sheet if you want too. But that's the basics to get us all started. Does that help, @Sherlock Holmes? :)

Thank you sir.

Thank you for the offer. Actually I do have some questions.

So I thought about taking these skills:

Magic, Enchantment Magic, Thrown, Writing, Increase Magic

Do I need to join a guild up front?

And what happens if I play an elemental? Does that change the list of skills I can access?

What elements do you work with? Water, fire, earth, air, magic? Water, fire, earth, metal, air, ice?

Sounds great!

Nope.

Nothing much, except racial bonus is different. 

I assume the original basic four...

@Voidus?

4 hours ago, Emperor Stick said:

That would be awesome lith!

No problem!

Alright, so that's a first draft. I changed writing to swimming (because a water elemental should be able to swim)

Spoiler

Name: Contessa Riviera
Physical Characteristics: tbd
Skills: Magic, Enchantment Magic, Thrown, Swimming, Increase Magic
Equipment: none
Weakness: scared of (the opposing element)
Character: erratic, curious, changes a lot depending on the weather and the overall mood, coward
Backstory: When Tess first started the game, she decided to play an elemental, because they sounded cool. Now that she is one, she finds herself more and more getting dragged into the character she created and has trouble to keep to her human morals and ideas.

Her out of game parents and sisters probably miss her already, although she has no way to check this. Her father always told her, that her gaming will be her doom one day, and right it seems as if he was right.
Fighting Style: run and hide, fight only as a last resort

Regarding her physical appearance. Can I decide how a water elemental looks like? And does it need to be a humanoid figure? I have to admit I'm a bit tempted to play a wave rolling over the countryside, that can change its shape now and then to communicate (showing pictures and the like). But maybe that's a bit non-communicative, so I can stick with some humanoid elemental. What do you think?

@ShadowLord_Lith

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Alright, so that's a first draft. I changed writing to swimming (because a water elemental should be able to swim)

Hide contents

Character: erratic, curious, changes a lot depending on the weather and the overall mood, coward
Backstory: When Tess first started the game, she decided to play an elemental, because they sounded cool. Now that she is one, she finds herself more and more getting dragged into the character she created and has trouble to keep to her human morals and ideas.

Her out of game parents and sisters probably miss her already, although she has no way to check this. Her father always told her, that her gaming will be her doom one day, and right it seems as if he was right.

Regarding her physical appearance. Can I decide how a water elemental looks like? And does it need to be a humanoid figure? I have to admit I'm a bit tempted to play a wave rolling over the countryside, that can change its shape now and then to communicate (showing pictures and the like). But maybe that's a bit non-communicative, so I can stick with some humanoid elemental. What do you think?

@ShadowLord_Lith

Good question. I think Voidus hangs out the starting equipment, right @Voidus? He did for us in the beginning at least. Then, the test looks good. As for the form... hmmm... I'd probably say she had a humanoid over, but made of water, so she can shift... maybe the way a Naiad does? It depends on what Voidus has prepared for them. :)

6 hours ago, Emperor Stick said:

Okay, so how far can I go with the wraith abilities? I'm assuming infinite resurrection out, are there specific abilities I shouldn't have? And should I just type it on the character sheet as Wraith Abilities? @ShadowLord_Lith

Given that it's based on a game infinite resurrection is in actually :P
Wraith racial abilities: Dark aligned, (passive) greatly increased physical resistance, (passive) greatly decreased endurance, (passive) immune to dark damage, (passive) decreased resistance to light damage, (passive) decreased strength, (passive) start with magic skill.
If you were going for the Talion/Celembrimbor build it'd probably be more based on skills than anything.

Reveal hidden contents

@ShadowLord_Lith

Customization could be fairly expansive so yeah it's possible. Most generally look vaguely humanoid in shape or a couple would be just a column of water but a wave would be possible.
And elementals are based off of the four basic elements: Water, air, fire, earth.

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Good question. I think Voidus hangs out the starting equipment, right @Voidus? He did for us in the beginning at least. Then, the test looks good. As for the form... hmmm... I'd probably say she had a humanoid over, but made of water, so she can shift... maybe the way a Naiad does? It depends on what Voidus has prepared for them. :)

Yeah I'll do starting equipment again.

Is the old thread, not sure if we should make a new one this time though.

1 hour ago, Emperor Stick said:

Cool beans. Would Elven rage just be a normal rage ability, or something else, considering it splits the wraith into multiple? And what about domination/drain and elven light?

Exactly duplicating some of the abilities are going to be difficult, drain touch spells exist, as do charm/domination and knockback effects, elven rage would be hard to duplicate though. Speed build dual wielding might be able to do something similar to an extent.

21 hours ago, Voidus said:

#Lithilatti

#Lithilatti

28 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Is the old thread, not sure if we should make a new one this time though.

I'd say make a PM. Just my opinion.