Voidus

6 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Ah.

EDIT: seems like my Epic ability crossed over.

This is always weird for me, since hidden posts mean my page count doesn't quite match everyone else's, so for me I was the first post on this page :P

1 minute ago, BitBitio said:

May I have more than one character? If not, that's fine, just wondering.

Yeah should be fine, we're a bit low on characters atm anyway so that works fine.

1 minute ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Are all titles like that?  Because that varies from game to game.

Not all of them, but most are. Rarer titles that are a result of a lot of effort tend to have additional effects.

So in the event that people want to just grind for some XP to start with I'm going to try and come up with some way to keep track of that without people having to RP every single action if they don't want to. If anyone's familiar with Adventurers league in D&D then it'll probably be based off of something similar to downtime days.

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

So in the event that people want to just grind for some XP to start with I'm going to try and come up with some way to keep track of that without people having to RP every single action if they don't want to. If anyone's familiar with Adventurers league in D&D then it'll probably be based off of something similar to downtime days.

I've heard, but haven't played. What are downtime days? I've been curious for a while now. ^_^

8 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I've heard, but haven't played. What are downtime days? I've been curious for a while now. ^_^

Basically, as you complete quests one of the rewards you earn is downtime days which you can spend doing non-quest related tasks. In d&d that's usually making spell scrolls or potions or copying spells into spellbooks for wizards.

In this game it would be a certain amount of off-screen grinding of levels. Because leveling up is going to get progressively slower the higher level you are, so I it's going to be easier to handwave some of that time.

5 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Basically, as you complete quests one of the rewards you earn is downtime days which you can spend doing non-quest related tasks. In d&d that's usually making spell scrolls or potions or copying spells into spellbooks for wizards.

In this game it would be a certain amount of off-screen grinding of levels. Because leveling up is going to get progressively slower the higher level you are, so I it's going to be easier to handwave some of that time.

Ooh... that sounds awesome! Thank you, that'll make it so much easier last on...:D

Yeah, well a large part of why I wanted to make this was for something with a steadily incrementing power level and so people could explore new skills / combinations, I think the last one the levelling was a bit slow so people lost interest.

Hopefully this keeps things interesting.

• 2 weeks later...