Long Game 26: Cognitive Dissonance

Nyali

1. makes sense. (What points out of curiosity?)

2. can't really comment since I can't view the PM, but since Mark implied it was true, I'll take your word for it.

3. I agree.

4. Unhelpful as in you usually just troll and distract from conversations, but I'll admit you're right that there were no other conversations. (Which is weird. LG24 was blacked out like this, and there was a Record setting level of Day one conversation. Where is Everyone?)

5. Classical Neutral!Stink is defined but how you always act when neutral. And, since there's on;y one point of data, (LG24) That's your Classical Neutral Stink. And I didn't say you didn't elaborate on your third win con. All I said was that you had one. I'm not suspicious of you for not saying your third win con, because if I was, I would be suspicious of everyone.

6. I think that was addressed at Mark? Not Me? I don't know, the wordings kind of unclear.

I'm just going to leave my vote on you for now, because I think it's literally the only vote in the game right now?

I dunno what my points would've been tbh, would've gotten something from a response post like I did with mark.

And yeah, I've now added some actual more discussion and thoughts into the game despite my apparent nature to troll :P

I was definitely addressing mark in my sixth point haha

Also sure you can leave the vote on me, at least it shows that someone is willing to commit to stuff :P

Paranoid King

This whole 'i vote on the first day all the time thing' looks like preemptively throwing out an excuse for if you vote on someone and it backfires on you, tbh.

@Amanuensis, your idea only works if everybody goes to their homeworld. Sure, if Rayse complies, we'll have a better idea of where they are. But Rayse will also have a better idea of where Harmony is. Harmony might know that and avoid going to Scadrial. But how do we tell the difference between a Harmony on a random planet who doesn't want Rayse to know where they are and a Rayse on a random planet who doesn't want the village to know where they are?

@The Only Joe, school might be a factor. 

I don't see much sense in Stink's accusations. Granted, this is D1 and arguments are usually pretty weak, but that ascribes a level of cunning to Mark that most players don't have. That accusation is a pretty trolly argument.

So you think that Mark isn't capable of manipulation or something? In his like, very first game he managed to get everyone but one (gee wonder who) to think that he was good and just a newbie who didn't know what he was doing.

Now he's just a guy who doesn't know what he's doing? Sounds like a useful rep to have, much better than being summarised as trolly and chaotic.

2 minutes ago, STINK said:

Paranoid King

This whole 'i vote on the first day all the time thing' looks like preemptively throwing out an excuse for if you vote on someone and it backfires on you, tbh.

Here's why I vote on the first day:

1. To generate discussion. We do need more discussion in this game. There's a lot of PM's and docs in this game, and the main thread does need to be talked in.
  2. To manipulate votes to see how the eliminators react. In this game, there are so many different factions and goals, almost none of which I know, there's no way for me to tell who's in Rayse's gang.
  3. So that villagers have a chance to get ahead. In most games, if villagers don't do anything D1, the eliminators kill someone N2, and they're back where they started, but with one less villager. In this game, I'm not sure if the "eliminators" have a kill at all. And there's so many win conditions going around, I don't think we can separate people into "villager" and "eliminator"
  4. There's a chance of hitting a eliminator: As I said before, people aren't divided into eliminators and villagers in this game. But even if they were, there's no way to tell if we hit an eliminator or not. (excluding individual abilities)

So in this game, I don't have the same reasons to vote as in other games. And my goals my not be connected to killing specific people, so I really don't have much of a reason to vote. But I'll talk all you like.

And if I vote on someone this cycle, and it turns out that I've killed someone who doesn't have the evil tag, you may call me out on it all you like, stink.

5 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Here's why I vote on the first day:

1. To generate discussion. We do need more discussion in this game. There's a lot of PM's and docs in this game, and the main thread does need to be talked in.

:huh:What docs and PM's do you know of that we don't?

And I agree with STINK (hurk *Dies of a heart attack) voting and saying that you're trying to generate discussion does nothing. When I see a vote that's made to generate discussion, I write it off as a poke vote, and discuss other things. If you want to generate Discussion, do something Controversial.

For Example. Several People have said that they started on worlds other than their Homeworlds, so I seen no reason to not reveal the full list of who's on the planet I'm on. I'll release the list in about six hours and a half hours, unless someone gives me a compelling reason not to.

Just now, The Only Joe said:

And I agree with STINK (hurk *Dies of a heart attack) voting and saying that you're trying to generate discussion does nothing. When I see a vote that's made to generate discussion, I write it off as a poke vote, and discuss other things. If you want to generate Discussion, do something Controversial.

What a great paragraph :P

Frankly, wouldn't that be a good idea if everyone revealed who was on their own planet? That way, we could potentially track movements, right?  I haven't thought this idea over too much, as I'm doing very suspicious mathematics right now, but I currently am a proponent of this plan. 

7 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

:huh:What docs and PM's do you know of that we don't?

Do you not know of the world PM's and the faction docs? Because that's what I was referring to.

9 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

Voting and saying that you're trying to generate discussion does nothing. When I see a vote that's made to generate discussion, I write it off as a poke vote, and discuss other things. If you want to generate Discussion, do something Controversial.

Ah, I see what you mean. Alright then, I'll write that point out of my D1 voting philosophy.

7 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

I don't translate "a Lot" of PM's and Docs to 5 pm's and probably at least one Doc. So to me, it sounded like you new of a lot more than just those 6.

5 World PM's, probably some that people who can make PM's have made, and at least one doc.  Probably at least two, maybe three, by my way of thinking, the Odium Doc, a neutral aligned Doc, and probably a random faction doc.  That qualifies as a lot to me.  But I have not been in a lot of games.

However, I don't really feel like that will detract from the main thread, as I think most normal PM's cost investiture, and people will want that for the World Investitures, so I think that the thread will be pretty active. 

I hope it is, anyway.  I dislike really quiet threads.

5 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

I don't translate "a Lot" of PM's and Docs to 5 pm's and probably at least one Doc. So to me, it sounded like you new of a lot more than just those 6.

Well, for me, "a lot" means more than the average. Right now, this game has 5 group PMs and 1 or more docs. Most other games have 1-on 1 PMs and at most 1 doc. In this game, the PMs are open from the beginning, which means people effectively have 2-3 threads to post in, as opposed to the 1-2 threads of most other games. So no, I don't know more than those 6, all I knew was that a group PM was open from the beginning and there was more than one faction.

But I do hope more people start talking. Right now, I think only 18 out of 33 people have posted in the thread. Currently, the non-posters are:

Doc, Iohn, conquestor, stick, silverblade, mint, ecthelion, sheep, bugsy, orlok, dowanx, sart, lopen, dalinar, and luckat

So yeah, as you can see in the post linked, starting a lynch on someone and saying that you don't have an intent to kill is basically pointless, so I had to actually have some substance to argue against Mark before doing the whole 'this is how we do it' but that was a one off. Just because I vote for you doesn't mean I'm only doing it for a poke vote reason.

3 hours ago, Bridge Boy said:

Sure. We can bring the lion guys into it too. I'll talk to them once I get into a world PM with them.

Is the 'lion guys' Ecth and I? :D I never noticed that. Our names come from LoTR. The lion is a coincidence.

8 hours ago, Magestar said:

I hope not.  Please no.  I hated LG24.  There were just way too many Elims

You called? :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

For Example. Several People have said that they started on worlds other than their Homeworlds, so I seen no reason to not reveal the full list of who's on the planet I'm on. I'll release the list in about six hours and a half hours, unless someone gives me a compelling reason not to.

Eh, go ahead. I'm not staying long anyway.

Right now I'm going to vote STINK since he's throwing poke votes everywhere and I haven't found anything suspicious except a few cases of bad wording.

With pleasure: (my quote button is glitching so this is copy-pasted)

"The fact that we're still discussing this is in my opinion, pretty stale tbh. I mean no-one was ever going to follow 'Victor's plan in the first place, especially me seeing as one of my win cons is to visit each world. So others could have that, and so we shouldn't just focus on one plan.  However, what I will do, is vote on Wilson." -p2

"Actually just remembered that Wilson ain't gonna be that active. Wilson Mark IV Looked at what he's done and he's definitely given off an eliminator vibe" -p3

"I dunno what my points would've been tbh, would've gotten something from a response post like I did with mark. And yeah, I've now added some actual more discussion and thoughts into the game despite my apparent nature to troll :P I was definitely addressing mark in my sixth point haha Also sure you can leave the vote on me, at least it shows that someone is willing to commit to stuff :P Paranoid King This whole 'i vote on the first day all the time thing' looks like preemptively throwing out an excuse for if you vote on someone and it backfires on you, tbh." -p3

Edit for clarity: these votes are not my own; they are from STINK's post. For clarity's sake, Wilson, Mark, Paranoid King. Stink. Just in case.

Edited by Elenion
Edited for clarity