Long Game 26: Cognitive Dissonance

Nyali

The fact that we're still discussing this is in my opinion, pretty stale tbh. I mean no-one was ever going to follow 'Victor's plan in the first place, especially me seeing as one of my win cons is to visit each world. So others could have that, and so we shouldn't just focus on one plan. 

However, what I will do, is vote on Wilson.

Just now, STINK said:

The fact that we're still discussing this is in my opinion, pretty stale tbh. I mean no-one was ever going to follow 'Victor's plan in the first place, especially me seeing as one of my win cons is to visit each world. So others could have that, and so we shouldn't just focus on one plan.

*Gasp* He just revealed one of his goals! Quick! Someone tie him down or something so he can't complete it! We must use every weapon in our arsenal to keep others from accomplishing their goals!

(Yeah, the majority of this post was me being sarcastic at myself for my first thought when reading STINK's post. "Free information! Abuse it!")

7 minutes ago, The Only Joe said:

You missed the point. Conquestor's RP character is Lorien the Rithamist. His homeplanet is supposedly Earth. I have no idea what Conquestor's actual character/role is.

(Facepalm)

When jokes fly right over your head.  -sigh-

Edited by Magestar

Huh... Why does this not surprise me... Stink being the first person to vote for me. Mind telling me what I've done? 'Cause I've barely done anything so far. Sure, I fished for info in the world PM, but yeah I'm going to do that more often now. 

Edit:

Hmmm... Or maybe, it's something I'm doing RL? Cause solving math problems is definitely suspicious, IMO.

Edited by Mark IV
Had to add afterthought. :P

Appreciate trying to pretend like I've got a vendetta against you, though the application of that wasn't that good I'd say, so I'm gonna give that strategy a 2/5. Maybe someone will read it and be like 'I should listen to stink less he's obviously biased' when I'm not.

Also, humourous afterthought doesn't really work if it's edited in, cause it just shows to everyone how you feel like there has to be the humourous afterthought, and are trying to downplay the situation.

On to the actual new bit, but you say that you were just fishing for info like it wasn't you obviously asking for information in the hopes that someone would say something, then I called you out on it, and you're all like 'it was more for the intent ' or something when you just said you were fishing for info so what were you actually doing. Also saying that you're going to fish for info doesn't mean that doing it then saying you're not then saying you are is a valid strategy or anything. 

Can't even look at his previous posts not on this page cause mobile.

Oh yeah. Go ahead and assume I'm using subtle tricks to downplay your side of the argument. Let me rephrase my statement - it just happens that my playstyle gets your attention regardless of my alignment. I'm not saying you do it on purpose, but I'm saying it wasn't surprising. It's usually either you or meta. 

So, I don't put in any afterthought even if I get one? Why does everything have to be manipulation? I'm not that good at manipulations, stink (Case in point) that I would constantly try to manipulate people. Sure, I'll try once or maybe twice but not always, everywhere.

All I asked in the world PM was if anybody was interested in goal swapping. Is that really suspicious? I'd be just as vulnerable as the other person swapping. That aside, do you honestly believe anyone would have goalclaimed? Your "lol mark. Who would fall for that?" Was you calling me out. Then, after me explain my intentions, you very next statement was "there might have been newbies who'd have fallen." But there was no newbie on our world. Atleast I think there wasn't. 

And, I classify gathering intent as phishing. If that's not in your definition of phishing, then I suggest we leave this point alone cause I don't think arguments over subjective definitions can have a clean ending.

Phishing, Fishing, theirs just too many words that sound similar here.

And by that I mean theres more than one.

I don't know what Mark's done in the World PM, but he's done like nothing in the thread until now.  

Anyway, this just seems like D1 poking to me.

4 minutes ago, STINK said:

If you really wanted to know intents, you wouldn't ask such an obvious question. Also you didn't even look at people in the world PM?

Unless he actual wants to find people who are willing to trade goals. :P  

You guys keep ninja'ing me.  

Too much.

Edited by Magestar
Stupid BBC code.

8 minutes ago, Mark IV said:

Oh yeah. Go ahead and assume I'm using subtle tricks to downplay your side of the argument. Let me rephrase my statement - it just happens that my playstyle gets your attention regardless of my alignment. I'm not saying you do it on purpose, but I'm saying it wasn't surprising. It's usually either you or meta. 

Also, I've only really called you out in a game during AG2, where I was right. So I don't know where this 'usually' is coming from but seeing as I guess it says I'm right then sure you can roll with it.

Oh, and I will be assuming that posts have a purpose this game, because everyone here does partake in the act of thinking.

Really? Was it only the AG? Hmmm. I'd thought there was one more game.... Never mind then. 

Also, so far, I fail to see how phishing for info would make an person look suspicious though. Sure, it is generally what elims do, but it could also be what a villager looking for info is doing. 

Again, stink, you assume I'm good at manipulation with your "you'd have asked a better question" post. Well, speak for yourself. I'm only asking the questions which I think are right. Not the questions which you think are. If you want to ask better questions, go ahead. But don't assume I'm as good at it as you are.

It's not even manipulation to know that asking for a goal swap that no one is going to do isn't going to give you intents of actions and stuff. All you got from it was me saying lol. I'm not painting you as a master manipulator, don't worry.

Also phishing for info isn't suspicious yes, but it's how as soon as I said lol you were immediately like 'uh it was actually for this ' which is more suspicious.

[ Stink ]

I haven't seen anything that makes me think you're a Child. I think you're either an Eliminator or an Independant.

12 hours ago, STINK said:

So, what does Odin like to do. Well, I think really the biggest priority for him is telling everyone his role because I just can’t help but get the good roles for doing nothing apparently. I mean really, a win condition of being a tourist and going around to all the different worlds? Another win condition of sacrificing myself to save someone? Oh but wait, what could the third win condition of mine be? Well it’s not a doc, that’s for sure :(

But on to the meat of the game, that being that well people are gonna go crazy trying to do win con stuff for I reckon the first few cycles, so if you peeps could let me just worldhop and stuff, then someone try to kill someone that I gotta save, then I’ll be over nice and quickly.

Thats about it really, haven’t really got much to say about my plan to kill myself.

You apparently have three goals:
1: Visit every world
2: Sacrifice himself to save someone ese
3: Do a third thing.

None of those appear to have anything to do with killing Rayse. Are you an Independant Stink?

1 hour ago, STINK said:

However, what I will do, is vote on Wilson.

Here, you vote on Wilson, in what appears to be a poke vote. Why did you choose to poke vote Wison? She's already posted.

57 minutes ago, STINK said:

Actually just remembered that Wilson ain't gonna be that active.

Wilson

Mark IV

Looked at what he's done and he's definitely given off an eliminator vibe.

You retract, giving more evidence that it was a poke vote, and then vote for Mark IV, without giving us any reason other than gut.

41 minutes ago, STINK said:

Appreciate trying to pretend like I've got a vendetta against you, though the application of that wasn't that good I'd say, so I'm gonna give that strategy a 2/5. Maybe someone will read it and be like 'I should listen to stink less he's obviously biased' when I'm not.

Also, humourous afterthought doesn't really work if it's edited in, cause it just shows to everyone how you feel like there has to be the humourous afterthought, and are trying to downplay the situation.

On to the actual new bit, but you say that you were just fishing for info like it wasn't you obviously asking for information in the hopes that someone would say something, then I called you out on it, and you're all like 'it was more for the intent ' or something when you just said you were fishing for info so what were you actually doing. Also saying that you're going to fish for info doesn't mean that doing it then saying you're not then saying you are is a valid strategy or anything. 

Can't even look at his previous posts not on this page cause mobile.

Then you deliberately turn Mark's words against him. (A lot like what you were claiming he was doing, ain't it?)

Then after thoroughly defeating Mark in a battle of Articulation (No offense Mark) you retract, and say:

4 minutes ago, STINK said:

Na. Mark IV

But at least people know how I'm gonna go about things know.

You were just doing all of that to demonstrate how you'll be playing? Confrontational, Chaotic, and generally unhelpful? What did we learn from any of that, other than that you're going to be playing Classical Neutral!Stink, of pretending to help both sides, when really, you're just helping yourself and the eliminators. I'm all for allying with Independants, But ti Don't think you'd actually ally with anyone.

TL;DR I think Stink is either Independent or Evil, and either way, I don't want him around. Nothing he does makes sense from a village point of view.

Alright.

1. Voted Wilson cause I had forgotten she was not that active rn and wanted her to respond so I could bring up some points against her.

2. Brought it to mark because I was actually suspicious of how he backtracked when I said lol to something.

3. Retracted because it does look like he was trying to phish badly.

4. Unhelpful? Have I distracted from any other discussion? I don't think so, but I'm glad that you voted for me Joe cause now stuff can actually get going.

5. ClassicalNeutral!Stink doesn't exist lol, I've only been neutral once :P Also, bit rude to say that I didn't elaborate on my third win con then say that I'm independent or evil, could also be good.

6. And to Mark, honestly I was basically being devils advocate so it wasn't that good :P