Long Game 26: Cognitive Dissonance

Nyali

9 minutes ago, Nyali said:

... are they really that bad? I promise I'll streamline them next time, when I run my Rosharan LG that's in this format D:

Nah there's nothing wrong with the rules or their format :P In fact, the complexity makes the game sound exciting (which is why I joined) 

1 hour ago, Nyali said:

... are they really that bad? I promise I'll streamline them next time, when I run my Rosharan LG that's in this format D:

I thought getting through the rules would be tough, but I actually found them very clear when I read through the OP. And I doubt that was easy to put together considering how big this game is, so kudos to you, Nyali.

Hmmm... I'll be joining this one as Unknown. I was deliberating whether I should  play, but seeing as I didn't want to miss this game, here I am. :P

Word of caution: My autocorrect is non-functional due to.... certain reasons. So, i might commit heinous spelling mistakes and incorrect capitalisation. :P

I would like to join. I am new to this site but not new to forum mafia. I read about half of the cosmere books over the summer and love the idea of using the books for these games. 

My character will use name assigned to me for I do not fear other shards; however, for the game's sake I will use the old magic to remove it from your memories. Any instance where the name is written, it will be replaced with "mmhmmnmhmm".

1 hour ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

SOOO PCYCHED!!! GAME'S GONNA START IN DAYSS!! YAAAY

@livinglegend, welcome to the Shard friend :) for now of course. Brandon Sanderson will not be defeated by his own creations

What happens when these creations go rogue and shake free of the plots that Sanderson has chained them to? :ph34r: Or when the characters are an unholy mix of fanfiction and mafia plopped into one of Sanderson's universes?

10 hours ago, Nyali said:

No, we're just joking around for the most part. I mean, I'm sure a signing doesn't go by without someone making a crack about "The Book of Endless Pages", but for the most part, it's generally good natured.

That being said, I haven't read the rules yet. I swear I will before the game begins...

*uncrosses fingers behind their back*

2 hours ago, Clanky said:

Now that I am back in a civilized place that actually has internet I might as well begin my favourite form of procrastination again. Just in time for school to start too!

I'll sign up as Cy Lon. 

Ironically, I was wondering what happened to you just a few days ago! Glad to have you back.

Edited by Amanuensis

7 hours ago, Elenion said:

As in Battlestar Galactica?

I will neither confirm nor deny that I am a cybernetic sentient being bent on destroying humanity.

7 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Hey, welcome back! :lol:

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Ironically, I was wondering what happened to you just a few days ago! Glad to have you back.

Thanks, it's good to be back. I haven't had nearly my fair share of murder and backstabbing since I left.

Okay, so I've basically dropped off the map internet for the last couple months, but hey, I'm back now, and there's no better way than in a good ol' rousing game of kill-the-other-person-before-you-die-all-the-deaths. (Or KtOPBYDALD for short.)

I'll have my character be called Emrys Morge.

And we have 30! This is the largest game since MR10, which had 36, so the largest modern SE game. We need 3 more players to sign up for it to be the largest LG Game, or 2 for it to be tied the most number of players in an LG Game with LG11 and LG15b...

I feel like summoning a bunch of people right now, but I can't really think of who I should summon... Apart from Elbereth to annoy her. :P But hopefully...

Thank you for joining, everyone! It looks like we may surpass my expected upper bound of 31 players. If we do, well, I guess I'll have to write some more roles really, really quickly! So, at this point, if you are thinking of joining, please join sooner rather than later so I know if I need to write more roles as soon as possible.

... the first nighttime rollover will be complicated xD