Writing Group

M.Puddles

Hello, I'm Matthew Puddles.

I hope I've stumbled into the right place.  Like many of you, I'm a writer.  I discovered Writing Excuses this summer, and have learned so much.  As I listened to a season five episode, the team suggested that listeners wanting a writing group should come check the forum here.

If there are any writing groups looking for members, I'd like to hear from you.  I am writing between 1500 and 2000 words a day right now, and try to do a few critiques each week for other writers on other fantasy forums.   They are helpful, but I'd like the chance to work with a regular group. Give me a shot!  

Thank you,

Matt

Hey Matthew, thanks for posting!

Yeah, we kind of are a writing group. Don't know if you've perused the submission guidelines but, basically, 5 people submit up to 5,000 words (Cough, you know who you are!) each week; everyone on the list receives the material by email on a Monday (Splutter, yeah, that one's on me...) and critiques / lively debate ensues. If you want to submit you put in a request by Sunday and head honcho Silk tries to forge order from the 'chaos' in time for Monday.

We've been pretty busy over the last 3 months or so. I would say there are about 12-15 active members atm, and maybe 6-7 looking to submit week-on-week. Used to be getting a slot was fairly easy, now there might be a short wait of maybe a week.

I'm not aware of any sub-groups, although there is a Alpha Readers' thread and offline arrangements are sometimes between consenting authors trading alpha and beta reads of complete works.

So, come on aboard and join our happy band, you can always slink away if it's not to your taste, no hard feelings, etc.

:)