Reading Excuses - August 29, 2016 - The Wolf - 5.7k

Tariniel

Going to sit down tomorrow and make a long list of revisions based on all of your critiques. Thanks so much! 

My only question is whether you guys think I should go back and do a heavy revision or completely rewrite the entire story? The character monologues I've been writing for the main characters have really helped me get a stronger grip on each of their personalities and pasts. Hopefully that will make them seem more alive to the reader. Can that be done effectively without scrapping it all, or is that really the best course to take?

Oh, as a side note, if anyone can help me out with a little brainstorming on how to explain the connection between the wolf and Kazer without being too obvious, that would be extremely helpful. I've already removed the logger POV from the equation, but I really wanted to make sure the logistics of what happened in the final scene are as clear as possible.

Edited by Tariniel

3 minutes ago, Tariniel said:

hould go back and do a heavy revision or completely rewrite the entire story

Heavy revisions versus rewriting are more or less the same thing. But this is a very common thing to have to do. Our draft zeros, anyone's draft zero, is often so far off from the final piece that if you held the two documents side to side they'd look nothing alike. I'd say just start at the beginning and hit the edits. See where that takes you!