What the Hell Shallan? Also Kaladin.

NathanielHellman

I know that the conversation has kind of steered away from this, and I don't want to get it off track but I felt the need to speak up for Kaladin and Shallan ending up together. Ordinarily I wouldn't have said anything, but I've seen a lot of people saying that it won't happen, and a combination of my tendency to play devil's advocate and my own support for Shalladin prompted me to respond.

I personally don't see why it would be such an issue. I think they have great chemistry together, and the scene in question that started this whole thread (where they have a shouting match) was one of the strongest instances of this to me. Yeah they sort of got off on the wrong foot, but they didn't come away actively hating one another. It was more of a general annoyance. Plus, Shallan is the only one we've seen (except perhaps Wit) be able to equal or surpass Kaladin in clever wordplay. In the same way, Kaladin is the only one we see do the same to Shallan. Already they think and act in similar ways. This is seen again when Shallan is inspecting the remains of a crem-covered building on the Shattered Plains. Only she and Kaladin see it for what it truly is.

I'm not trying to change anyone's hopes or predictions for the series here; everyone is of course free to ship whomever they wish. I'm just trying to provide a couple examples that show that it wouldn't be unreasonable if they did end up together, since many claim that it wouldn't make any sense.

• Chaos locked this topic