Mid-Range Game 16: War of the (Cosmere) Worlds

Alvron

Well then...

Stink, I know that you knew that Mark thought that I might need to put more efforts into posts that I knew you knew that I thought you knew I needed to put more effort into.

Does that satisfy? Because if not...

Actually, this is boring. 

I would not be doing this if I did not know, as you all know, and I'm sure you know I know, that there is not really a lot else to do on a no kill, no lynch cycle.  Oh well.

Edited by Magestar

Hadrian glanced around the arena. Finally, no more politicking. Lets have some fun! He felt around in his pockets, and pulled out a few small sacks, tied at the top, and two pens, totally inconspicuous. Smiling to himself, he walked directly away from that woman, Keisha, who claimed she was from Scadrial. He could let the crow-begotten planet burn: House Penrod would get along fine without him. By the great furies, he would find new allies here that would appreciate a good joke, at least as long as they stayed alive.

btw for anyone wondering Straw will give you his info for your info, then give your info for more info, and really in the end only Straw profits. That's like, I don't even know why'd you post that tbh. You're just asking to be killed.

So, one of the people Straw has info on is me. Instead of giving a backstabbing informant (:P) information that he can later exploit, I'll willingly alignment-trade with anyone who wants. And I can promise that I won't sell any information but my own, so you at least have a higher chance of your information being kept relatively secret with me than with a confessed informant who will just turn around and sell your info to the highest bidder.

RP! :D I'll see if I can actually post after the LG25 turnover is over with. 

Elentari thumped onto the rocky ground. What? She'd been enjoying a nice quiet cup of afternoon tea between suitors, when suddenly she was here, wherever that was, being helped to her feet by a strange man.

So, with nothing else to resort to, she fell back to her instincts. "Why, hello, sir," she said, as he lifted her to her feet. Strong, she noticed absently. Little too stern for my usual tastes, but you work with what you get. "Fancy meeting you here." 

He just blinked at her blankly. A slow one, I see. "And you are...?"

"Saol."

"Pleasure to meet you, Saol," she said, curtseying despite the fact that her dress had already been torn to tiny shreds by the horrid rocks she'd landed on. Where was she? "I'm Lady Elentari."

"I would be pleased to serve you," Saol said, almost ritually. 

And here I thought he didn't have a romantic bone in his body. Seems he's just kind of odd about it. "Oh, how sweet of you!" Elentari found when she tried that Saol was the perfect height for looking up at him through her lashes. Excellent. Not often I meet a man tall enough for that.

He nodded respectfully, seemingly unfazed by her eyelash-fluttering. Hmph.

Then he bowed slightly, and asked, "Who is it your wish that I should kill?"

"What?"

@Elbereth gave me some inspiration for some RP.

Mandos had seen enough. Enough eccentrics walking around, enough politicos forging alliances, enough boorish scumbags too stupid to catch a hint. Picking up a rock, he turned it over five times in his hand and skipped it across the ground. From the fifth strike on the rock, a specter burst, floating up to Mandos in a cloud of mist that only he could see. Mandos addressed the shade directly, reading its thoughts in return:

"That man. Saol. I want him gone. Whomever that woman is, she deserves better than him."

"You mean that you think that she deserves you..."

"Shut up, Nonel. Do you want me to send you back?"

"Fine. But It'll be rather hard to do if I don't have a body."

"Come on, Nonel, you owe my one for taking good care of your spirit after the Pokemon incident."

"That's exactly why I need my body back: to pay back the one I owe you. You've done it before."

"Beren was a special case. You know that I can't do that again."

"You'll need to in order to get my help. You know, whatever you can do can't be more painful than having your neck snapped."

"Very well, Nonel. But the enchantment will end on my command. You know that."

"Of course, Mandos."

Mandos reached out his hand and the rock flew back to it, Nonel's specter bursting into mist. He hated dealing with the shades, that one in particular, but Nonel was as clever as he was irritating. If anyone could help Mandos with that slob, it was he.

Round Two:  Expectations.

Hello Sennti fans.  It’s Al Vron reporting live from the Arena.

It has been a crazy time getting in.  Security is so tight that some fans are still trickling in.

This match is packed with rookies which means it’s going to be one amazing fight.  These guys are fighting for their lives which means that they will accept no quarter.

It’s going to be a no holds barred fight today.

The combatants have had their fun, now we are ready for action.

Round two has begun and will last 47 hours.
I am now accepting votes and kill orders.  Let the blood flow.
For those that didn’t post during Round One, you
must post this turn or be killed in some horrible way.  This will be your only warning about posting at least once every two cycles.

It’s an even numbered round so that means it’s Lottery time.

Reminder, any passive abilities you have, like an extra life, are disabled if you enter the Lottery.

We have four items to give away.

1. Reviver:  This handy device can bring back one player from Deaths Door.  In order for this device to work the player targeted must have died during the prior cycle.  Any longer than that and they would’ve passed through to the other side.

2. Jumper Cables:  These cables and portable battery can be used to protect someone from death by shocking them back to life.  However should the one protected not be attacked then they shall die instead.  Battery has one charge.
3. Secret Item: Shard Plushie: This Limited Edition Plushie is one of only sixteen in existence.  Throw it at another player to distract them so they are unable to take any actions.  The person hit by this item then picks it up to use themselves.  Warning: This Plushie may Shatter on contact when thrown, driving Slivers into the target.  Players with Slivers embedded in them gain an additional  role based on what planet they are from.
4. Hemalurgicly Charged Spike:  This spike contains one charge of Allomantic Pewter allowing the one it’s impaled in to survive one attack or lynching.  Can be impaled into yourself or another.

We also have a Special Lottery with a very special prize.
Cuddles:  An Awakened sword found in a dusty cupboard.  This one of a kind item can be used to kill another player once per cycle and remains in the game.  If the attack fails to kill the target then the one that was attacked gets Cuddles.  If the one holding Cuddles is killed then Cuddles goes to the killer.  If they are Lynched then Cuddles goes back into the Lottery.

Note: You cannot enter both Lotteries.  If you wish to enter either Lottery please say which one, Normal or Special, otherwise you will be placed in the normal Lottery.

What?  You didn’t think I was going to make it that easy to get Cuddles did you? :P

Edited by Alvron

4 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

Ah, the Lottery. I remember the lottery. I remember winning the Reviver in the lottery, and then dying the same night. Good times, good times.

Out of curiosity, how many people didn't realize I was a player?

Huh, you weren't in the layer list before...soo you must've joined this round 

yup, there're 22 players now instead of 21

5 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

Ah, the Lottery. I remember the lottery. I remember winning the Reviver in the lottery, and then dying the same night. Good times, good times.

Out of curiosity, how many people didn't realize I was a player?

I didn't, so, would you mind getting a RP going? 

Lorien walked away from the girl, but a doctor walked over and he unconsciously rubbed his head, the spot he be used in the teleportation. "Hey, I was wondering if you had anything for my head, it's killing me," Lorien said and gave him a smile.

The Healer sat at a corner,  a tad grumpy. 

How would he ever find his own people if no one would give a straight answer?

Absently, he reached into his pouch for some herbs and passed them to the man who had approached him, advising him to chew on them, or boil them if he disliked the taste. The headache would be gone within the hour.

Then he went back to sulking. 

Last night, someone has even claimed to be Hoid! That thrice cursed cosmeric meddler! 

He sighed and dived back into the crowd. This was going to take a while... 

Then he stopped, slapping himself mentally.Healer,  Healer, pay attention to your surroundings! 

Spinning, he turned towards the man whom he had just passed the medicine, trying for a charming smile. 

"Hello, I'm the Healer!"

The man looked back at him,  his face a grimace from the bitter aftertaste. "Healer who?" 

Edited by Doctor12

Lorien was disgusted by the taste of whatever the man had given him. "Healer who?" Lorien asked the man. "I am Lorien the inventor, by the way," he told the man. "I want to thank you for helping me, this head ache is killing me and might actually do so indirectly," Lorien was unsure if he could trust the man, but had no one else to turn to, so, he did the best with what he had. He gave the man a warm smile and he could tell he made a good ally.