Mid-Range Game 16: War of the (Cosmere) Worlds

Alvron

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

Your loyalty to the secret was something I would not have trusted even myself to have, and you paid the cost for it in both player death and team loss. You may have the sword.

As Wilson's reaction shows, you have no know idea what you've released upon our Cosmere. Even when Wilson is being nice, you shouldn't assume that there isn't an ulterior motive. In fact, I'd say that there's plenty of reason to expect the opposite! :P

Beyond that, Len you just gave up a major, reoccurring, artifact without wanting anything in return. That's like Indiana Jones gladly giving up the Holy Grail to the Nazis because they "only" kidnapped his dad rather than killing him and calling it square. 

It's too late now, but next time, at least try to bargain for something for yourself! :P

4 hours ago, Elenion said:

Your loyalty to the secret was something I would not have trusted even myself to have, and you paid the cost for it in both player death and team loss. You may have the sword.

You utter Fool. I, who gave Wilson a Shard, would never give her Cuddles. You have signed everyone's death warrant.

Also, i hate mobile it's not letting me correct any of my spelling mistakes. If one the mods could fix 'signed' and 'her' that'd be great.

Edited by Metacognition

10 hours ago, Elenion said:

Oh dear. Dear oh dear oh dear...

Len, tell your parents that I'm sorry for their loss.

Hey, now. I'm completely innocent. I have no plans for the sword. Yet.

And anyway, even if I did have plans for Cuddles, it wouldn't involve killing Len. In this purely hypothetical situation, I would have much better targets for it. Like my fellow Gods.

7 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

What was the command given to Cuddles, anyway? "Snuggle close to my enemies"?

I believe it was just "Kill with cuddles," though I'm looking through the Pahn Kahl doc right now and I'm actually not seeing any specific Command, so I'm not sure.. Huh. I feel like this should be mildly concerning.

15 hours ago, Metacognition said:

Beyond that, Len you just gave up a major, reoccurring, artifact without wanting anything in return. That's like Indiana Jones gladly giving up the Holy Grail to the Nazis because they "only" kidnapped his dad rather than killing him and calling it square. 

No, giving it to the Nazis would be giving it to Sel. :P I put it behind the Iron Curtain for security reasons; they hate the Nazis as much as the next guys.

Consider this:

14 hours ago, Alvron said:

The Cosmere is about to get a lot emptier.

But...

7 hours ago, Elbereth said:

she won't be killing Len. Len's the one who gave her Cuddles. He's safe.

*grin*

15 hours ago, Metacognition said:

It's too late now, but next time, at least try to bargain for something for yourself! :P

There's always another secret.

• 1 month later...

"The band has left, corpses removed and the last of the fans are dispersing.  That must mean we've reached the end of another game.  And without a zombie apocalypse this time.

I would like to thank the fans for their enthusiasm and the contestants for their bloodlust.  Mandos and Ialla walk away as our Champions.  I'm sure they will be just fine after a few counseling sessions.

This is Al Vron wishing you a good night and we'll see you next season Sennti fans."

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson, Metacognition or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!