Mid-Range Game 16: War of the (Cosmere) Worlds

Alvron

2 minutes ago, STINK said:

I honestly don't. To 'twist the truth' is an unhonest act. So, I really don't.

You guys talked a whole doc about this once.  It was the idea that you could get people to think things without saying them, never lying, but making sure something else was believed.  Idk, it was a while ago I read this.  

TBH, I am not sure what I am trying to say.  I never told Wilson that I was Scadrial.

None of this really matters, nor is it making me look better.

Edited by Magestar

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

I never told Wilson that I was Scadrial.

You said "I am a Politician."

Now, let's look at the rules:

On 8/15/2016 at 10:59 PM, Alvron said:

Roles/Teams:
Scadrial: 

Reveal hidden contents

Sel: 

Reveal hidden contents

Nathis:

Reveal hidden contents

Roshar:

Reveal hidden contents

Independent: (May or may not be included depending on GM’s mood.)

Reveal hidden contents

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the only role there with the name "Politician" is a Scadrial role. So yes, you claimed Scadrial. Not in so many words, but you claimed a Scadrial-only role. Now, had you said "I'm like a Politician," then that wouldn't be claiming Scadrial. But that's not what you said. Therefore, you've once again lied. You were not twisting the truth. Care to try again?

It took Mandos about an hour of searching to find the stone he'd thrown away so angrily. When he finally did, he picked it up, noticing that it felt heavier than its size would suggest. Flipping it the customary five times, he summoned the newcomer. In a puff of mist, the figure in the robes appeared.

"I do not enjoy being summoned. You would do well to remember that."

"I do not enjoy being interrupted." Mandos was not in a good temper, and this Duke Ashkelon character looked like he was planning something.

"Your man Nonel told me a few things," Ashkelon said with no hint of emotion.

"Like what?"

"Like if I kill you I'll return to life."

Mandos forced a laugh. Although the spirit was not far from the truth, Mandos didn't want him to know that.

"You think killing me will solve your problems? Kill me and my death will ensure your eternal torment!"

The Healer sat back by a wall, his face a frown. 

Secrets and lies. It's all secrets and lies with these people!

He sighed. Admittedly, this was not one of his shining moments. Caught in the web of fear, distrust and confusion, he was afraid he had sunk to keeping secrets and talking in back alleys in hushed tones. He wished to return to his homeworld. A beautiful land of colors and tones, perfect, peaceful. Where no war threatened. 

But he couldn't, could he? Stuck here, on this world. He had been hearing rumors. Other worlds had assembled. Soon the killing would begin anew. And he had not even found all of his own people. He didn't know who to trust. And it was perfectly evident he wasn't trusted in return. 

Honestly? He was terrified. A wrong move, and the mob would swarm him. He had seen it happen once, did not want to see it happen again, not even to the fool who had claimed to be Hoid. A wrong move, and he would find a knife between his ribs, never wake up, his body in pieces, or embraced by a smiling black sword. He was terrified.

But  fear was like… a companion. A constant companion, always there. Usually it was alright. Because fear could bring them together. Fear could have brought them home. Fear might have made companions of them all. Or it could force them to slaughter each other in mindless frenzy. 

But now he had to make a move. Up to now, he had been debating in secret alleys, pleading, revealing himself for scraps of information. Secrets, secrets, secrets. Well, now he would no longer let fear control him. He would ride it. He had to. 

He walked to the centre of the arena, feeling the gazes of the people bore into him.

He cleared his throat. "Hello, I'm the Healer. Just the Healer. I need your help. I am from Nalthis. Many of you know this. Others don't. Others who I had no chance to contact. Well know you know. I am Nalthian. And I plead, I plead for the rest of the Nalthian faction to come to me. Please. You know who you are. Come to me. I have found some of your faction mates for you. Please. start. responding. Thank you."

He returned to his spot, hoping earnestly that the plea had been heard by the right ears. 

I have to admit that I'm not caught up on the thread. I have to admit, though, that I don't get where this neutral hate is coming from. Yes, we need to kill the SK and Arsonist, but Hoid isn't really a danger to us right now, which is what Wilson seems to be claiming Mage is. For the same reason, I don't particularly feel like voting on Burnt.

I'll do some more analysis in the morning, but from now I think that the Jack of All Trades roles are the biggest threat right now, because the number of deaths yesterday suggest that there are no pure kill roles. If we can knock them out, then everybody gets a bit more breathing room to think, and factions grow more obvious too as people need to rely on the lynch to win.

55 minutes ago, The Young Bard said:

I'll do some more analysis in the morning, but from now I think that the Jack of All Trades roles are the biggest threat right now, because the number of deaths yesterday suggest that there are no pure kill roles. If we can knock them out, then everybody gets a bit more breathing room to think, and factions grow more obvious too as people need to rely on the lynch to win.

While I quite agree, by the same token, does it make any sense to think that the factions are going to kill their biggest weapon?  I would love the factions to try and get rid of Jack of all Trades, but it just seems unlikely.

Do any factions think this is a good idea?  I don't really think it will work, but I'd like to hear what you guys think.

21 minutes ago, STINK said:

Also, it's not hate on Hoid, it's hate on what he's doing as Hoid.

So, if I stop trolling you guys, will you take your vote off me? :P 

I know Mage isn't Hoid. i'm pretty sure I know his real role and faction. I don't care so much though - he trolled a bit in the beginning and has just generally been chaotic. Also, he's not in my faction. Pus, his role is annoying late game, in my opinion. I guess I could change my vote to someone else in his faction, maybe his faction's protector, but I like her.