6 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

Here I was saying that I thought you weren't likely an Eliminator for it! Don't make me start doubting that by getting excessively defensive on me for something I didn't even say.

I was just joking around... Not much else to do on DayNight 1... :P

Besides, the poke-vote couldn't be alignment-indicative seeing as I hadn't received my PM when I posted...

Edited by The Young Bard
I've gotten the SE-virus... I've got "probably's" and "maybe's" everywhere...

Ha! Ecthelion is part of the returned! Get her! 

I'm joking. Don't kill her (yet), neither kill me. :P

Nothing much to say except meta seemed a but suspicious,  calling bard out for poke voting. Sure, it was a night turn, (and so, he's calling bard good, not evil) but still. I've never seen him say that before. Actually, I've never studied him talking before. But, this is my observation. I might be reading too much into it.

Anyways,  that's all for now.

Yeah, I sort of agree with bard, it wouldn't be co-ordinated effort yet, unless both of then were online at turn over (which I think meta wasn't.  I'm not sure). But, that doesn't rule out you two (or one of you) being evil. It's just that it's as likely as anyone else being evil.

Edited by Mark IV

It wasn't the poke vote within itself that caught my attention. It was how/when it was made. Don't confuse the two. That's like saying that I didn't have reason for voting for Sart in LG22 on day one because it was all about the fact that he brought up whether or not we should even have a lynch. That might have been the reason behind the initial vote, but it wasn't at all the reason I stuck with that vote. That was due to the circumstances I saw playing out in the thread due to the votes. The fact that you guys are equating the two makes me think you're already trying to spread suspicion rather than an actual read. 

Of course now that Bard is saying that he didn't even have his PM yet makes it a zero sum game again. If he didn't have his PM yet, then he couldn't have been in a doc with someone that could've alerted him to the fact that we're starting on a Night turn. Which means he's just as likely as anyone else to be an Idrian. 

Edited by Metacognition

Lorien was in his house when he heard a sound coming from his door. He opened it as was pulled into the night and was about to be killed when . . . he woke up from this nightmare. Sat up in his bed and was breathing heavily. "It was just a nightmare" Lorien tried to tell himself, but he got the impression that someone was watching him. He looked out his window and saw a person hiding in the shadows. This person was watching him, but then waved at him and started to walk away. Lorien decided to follow and ended up inside a shed at the edge of town.

A few necessary clarifications: Awakened Ropes roleblock players for that night and the next day. The lynch will only require one vote to lynch. I’m renaming this night Night 0 for clarificatory reasons (you have two actions per cycle, starting on Day 1 and continuing). 

6 more hours to get in your actions for the Night.

LG25: Day One - Concerning Breath

In a small town near T’Telir, the night was quiet. In a basement somewhere in the town, a man and a woman sat across from each other. The woman held a grey stone in her hand, gripping it as if she was afraid she’d somehow lose it. “We’ve… discovered that if this stone is used on someone already Drab, the wielder dies. We would like to prevent this happening, obviously.”

“You wish me to kill Drabs,” Stanley stated flatly.

The woman winced at hearing it stated so plainly, but nodded. “Drabs are no use to us and could be dangerous. They must be killed. You’ll receive a bounty for every drab you kill.”

He nodded. “I’ll see it done.” He rose and left the basement without another word. Let’s find some drabs, then. 

Everywhere else in the town, the village slept. 

Someone lay in their bed, still and silent, unaware that their Breath was forfeit. 

The door to his room slowly and quietly opened, letting a tiny sliver of dimness into the dark. The door closed again, just as softly, moments later, and the room sank into darkness again.

A tiny creak of the floorboards, so faint that it was barely noticeable. Then another. And one last creak, right next to Denth’s bed.

A pause, then a whisper. “Your Breath to mine, your life become mine.” 

A brief flare of BioChroma, and then another creak and another flash of light, and then silence again.

Someone’s Breath was stolen!

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to decide who to lynch. Remember, it only takes one vote to lynch someone. 

All PMs have been sent out.

blu_1471923000.png

Player List

1. Luckat (Lularah)
2. Bugsy (Unknown)
3. Araris (Alalar)
4. Assassin in Burgundy (Burganaa)
5. Magestar (Yulis Zorander)
6. The Only Alex
7. Silverblade (Ryth)
8. Conquestor (Lorien)
9. SilverDragon (Jaftar)
10. Mark (Darb)
11. Elodin (Eventeo)
12. Sheep (Nelek)
13. Deathclutch (Asher McClallen)
14. Straw (Pallelae Hominis)
15. Paranoid King (Plathar Ku)
16. Daniyah (Dimsari)
17. Ecthelion (mysterious cloaked figure)
18. Lopen (Talion)
19. Frozen Mint (Shivawn)
20. Dalinar Kholin (Varg)
21. Meta (Cog)
22. Doctor12 (the Healer)
23. Twei (Kolth)
24. Bard (Brick)

Quicklinks

Edited by Elbereth

I had hoped to get this out before rollover, but I didn't succeed. Never mind. Here it is now, anyway.

I've been reading the rules and sending El a number of clarifications trying to find a loophole. I'm not sure what I've got right now is the most efficient system, but hopefully someone can refine it.

I propose that in the first 24 hours of votes are cast in orange. The person with the most orange votes at the end of the 24 hour cycle is then obligated to send their Breath to whoever had their Breath stolen, and we actually lynch someone else. If they don't send their Breath (evidenced by the person who had their Breath stolen dying), we lynch them next cycle. This way, we get twice the number of lynch targets, and keep alive whoever the Returned want dead (at least until they get a Lifeless Rabbit, but hopefully we'll be able to block them with Lifeless when it comes to that.)

In the second 24 hours, the red and orange votes can be run in parallel. If the person who was leading in the orange votes falls behind, they can cancel their order and the new leader in the orange can place it (assuming they're online before rollover, which is the largest problem I see with this plan.)

I'll try and rephrase this, because I don't think I'm saying what I'm trying to say all that clearly. Do you all understand what I'm trying to do? Any queries/amendments you'd like to make? Is there something I haven't noticed?

EDIT: I should add that in the absence of someone who's admitted they've lost their Breath, then it should be given to whoever the most trusted villager that hasn't received Breath yet is.

Edited by The Young Bard
Clarif

2 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

I had hoped to get this out before rollover, but I didn't succeed. Never mind. Here it is now, anyway.

I've been reading the rules and sending El a number of clarifications trying to find a loophole. I'm not sure what I've got right now is the most efficient system, but hopefully someone can refine it.

I propose that in the first 24 hours of votes are cast in orange. The person with the most orange votes at the end of the 24 hour cycle is then obligated to send their Breath to whoever had their Breath stolen, and we actually lynch someone else. If they don't send their Breath (evidenced by the person who had their Breath stolen dying), we lynch them next cycle. This way, we get twice the number of lynch targets, and keep alive whoever the Returned want dead (at least until they get a Lifeless Rabbit, but hopefully we'll be able to block them with Lifeless when it comes to that.)

In the second 24 hours, the red and orange votes can be run in parallel. If the person who was leading in the orange votes falls behind, they can cancel their order and the new leader in the orange can place it (assuming they're online before rollover, which is the largest problem I see with this plan.)

I'll try and rephrase this, because I don't think I'm saying what I'm trying to say all that clearly. Do you all understand what I'm trying to do? Any queries/amendments you'd like to make? Is there something I haven't noticed?

EDIT: I should add that in the absence of someone who's admitted they've lost their Breath, then it should be given to whoever the most trusted villager that hasn't received Breath yet is.

I'm sceptical of effectively forcing other players to give away their breaths. There might be numerous people who have strategies they're putting into place. The Returned would also be able to affect the vote, remember, so it's possible for them to just steer the orange vote onto someone else they want dead. It could even be used to circumnavigate protection, now that I think of it, since giving away breaths isn't an action they have to commit to.  And if the person in orange chose not to give away their breaths for any of the above reasons, they'd automatically become suspect, which could blur our reads on them. 

So yes, sceptical of the system. Partially outright opposed to it, but in places where the returned victim dying would really hamper us, I might be supportive of it. 

Bard's idea is interesting, but it has problems with potential WGGs - Returned attack one of their own members (or nobody), don't lose any Breath, and use their now-trusted attacked player to get someone else's Breath. Hard to aim, but goes through protection and comes with bonus trust. From an enjoyment perspective, there's also a mayor-like aspect to it; IMO there's a difference between "Lynch this person" and "Get this person to kill themselves because if they don't we lynch them".

I found Meta's first post rather jarring compared to his usual playstyle.