What I mean is this : let joe (a player in the game) start with 5 breath

Say Joe decided to awaken a Strawman for 4 breaths on D1. Thus he has one breath left.

Then, he passes all his breath to El on N1. 

At the same time, he puts in an order to retrieve his breath from his Strawman.  (Note:both actions are used up)

As, in the OoA, retrieving breath from objects comes after giving away your breath, joe would only give away 1 breath to El. Following which, he would gain back 4 breath from his object.

----------

Alternatively, he could just retrieve breath from his Strawman on D2.

This tactic hinges on the fact that you still survive one cycle after becoming a Drab.  Atleast that's what I interpreted from this:

0 Breaths (Drabs): If you spend one full cycle as a drab, you will die. (The Idrian Returned have hired an assassin to kill all drabs, because drabs are useless to their purposes and they don’t want any drab from whom they have stolen Breath to reveal them.)

Edited by Mark IV
Formatting

1 hour ago, Mark IV said:

What I mean is this : let joe (a player in the game) start with 5 breath

Say Joe decided to awaken a Strawman for 4 breaths on D1. Thus he has one breath left.

Then, he passes all his breath to El on N1. 

At the same time, he puts in an order to retrieve his breath from his Strawman.  (Note:both actions are used up)

As, in the OoA, retrieving breath from objects comes after giving away your breath, joe would only give away 1 breath to El. Following which, he would gain back 4 breath from his object.

Alternatively, he could just retrieve breath from his Strawman on D2.

Problem with that is that Awakening a Strawman is a Night action not a Day one.  But that can be gotten around by the following:
N1: Create Strawman and Enter Lottery
N2: Give Breath to El and Retrieve Breath from Strawman.

I would like a spot in the Spec Doc please El.

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

Problem with that is that Awakening a Strawman is a Night action not a Day one.  But that can be gotten around by the following:
N1: Create Strawman and Enter Lottery
N2: Give Breath to El and Retrieve Breath from Strawman.

I would like a spot in the Spec Doc please El.

Yeah. That. Almost forgot about that.

Well, it doesn't really make a difference, because what I'm saying is that it wouldn't be that hard to pass your breath to someone and still live.

You know what.. Nevermind.  I got what I wanted. I don't want to confuse anyone further. Just... let this be. :P

(Sorry to anyone if I caused you any confusion. I mean we already do have enough of that in the games, eh?)

Sorry now I'm confused haha I thought I understood until more questions were asked.  So essentially the only way to survive passing breath at all is to get breath that same day cycle, seeing as you would die immediately in the night cycle before you could retrieve your breath.  So if you don't win the lottery you are essentially screwed? If you passed breath during the night cycle and then retrieved breath that same cycle you would be okay? But if passing breath is now a day action then there is essentially no real way to survive doing so? Am I understanding correctly?

Edited by jaimeleecee
So many question marks haha sorry

You can certainly spectate. :) I'll add you to the spec doc. The next game going after this one will be MR16, which you are welcome to join; if not, it'll be a couple weeks in all likelihood. 

Note: anyone who joins the spec doc is free to quit it and play the game up until when the game starts. 

12 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Midrange games are usually two to three weeks, and I'm presuming (although Alv didn't actually say it :P) that this game will start a week from last night, when it was put up. 

That means long games are...*sweats*...longer

It's okay it's all right I can do it I'll do it 

Yep. Generally a month or so. Occasionally longer, though I don't expect this game to be excessively long. Don't worry, though. This game is actually arguably less complex than the MR that's up right now. Plus, you could certainly die earlier than that.