Hoid is very upset about something

Farnsworth

On 12/14/2016 at 6:00 PM, Figberts said:

I did ask Brandon at the SF signing why Hoid had cologne and he RAFOed it (first RAFO card!). So there's probably a backstory.

Maybe he had cologne because he had just finished being digested. ;) I don't know if anyone has presented the theory that the digestive track of a greatshell could be the mobile perpendicularity or not but I can't think of any other reason for Hoid to just jump down one's throat. 

Edited by theuntaintedchild

2 hours ago, theuntaintedchild said:

Maybe he had cologne because he had just finished being digested. ;) I don't know if anyone has presented the theory that the digestive track of a greatshell could be the mobile perpendicularity or not but I can't think of any other reason for Hoid to just jump down one's throat. 

Easy way to dilate some time away without being tracked.  Or found.  Which would also explain how exactly he survived the better part of a year's worth of exposure to greatshell stomach acid.  

39 minutes ago, Landis963 said:

Easy way to dilate some time away without being tracked.  Or found.  Which would also explain how exactly he survived the better part of a year's worth of exposure to greatshell stomach acid.  

I would definitely not put it past Hoid to get eaten to avoid being found. LOL

He's just like "By Jove! I've got it they'll never suspect to find me in here!"

Edited by theuntaintedchild

1 hour ago, theuntaintedchild said:

I would definitely not put it past Hoid to get eaten to avoid being found. LOL

He's just like "By Jove! I've got it they'll never suspect to find me in here!"

Little did we know until Arcanum Unbounded 2 that Jove has his own shardworld, called Jupiter. Khriss tells me that it is very cold and weird gaseous giants live there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016 at 8:07 AM, theuntaintedchild said:

That is delightfully wrong. I very much hope this is true.  

err...fantasy-true, you know what I mean. :)

On 15.12.2016 at 1:00 AM, Figberts said:

I did ask Brandon at the SF signing why Hoid had cologne and he RAFOed it (first RAFO card!). So there's probably a backstory.

When Hoid's concerned, I start to think everything has backstory....

"Q: In that scene Hoid has two different socks. Why?
A: RAFO"
"Q:Why did Hoid choose to buy a cheeseburger instead of hamburger?
A: RAFO"
"Q: Why did Hoid cross the road?
A: ...RAFO"

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Hoid is still upset that Kaladin lost his flute..

Regarding the cologne scenario, it was obviously a misdirection. Beggars don't smell nice.

And thinking about it, Hoid and Kel's animosity could be related to how similar their personalities are: They're both rebellious, go against the grain. Kinda do what they want and enjoy the "con", on top of they can be quite annoying and tend to be very proud of this.

@Yata is correct, if Hoid wanted to, he could have seriously hurt Kel. Hoid did try to get through this without confrontation, but Kel knows a con when he sees one..

Also, after thrashing Kel he was a bit sincere when he said something along the lines of: "You've done what I wanted / You're not suppose to be here / You're a wild card I'd rather not deal with right now". Than he taught Kel a lesson about how he's not really hurt and it's all in his head. Hoid does like his profound lessons.

If you think about it, Hoid was very nice here. Kel started it. Hoid finished it. And than had the decency to help Kel out.

*~ HIF ~*

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Kalleth said:

What...? How...?

Cosmere's healing in general coud Heal the Soul (Feruchemical Gold, Stormlight Healing, Regrowth Surge, Divine Breath are example of this), probably Hoid's Healing is simply better in doing it

5 hours ago, Yata said:

Cosmere's healing in general coud Heal the Soul (Feruchemical Gold, Stormlight Healing, Regrowth Surge, Divine Breath are example of this), probably Hoid's Healing is simply better in doing it

Here comes a WoB:

Pinpoint

If Hoid got beheaded, would his body grow a new head?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Pinpoint

What if Hoid got cut by a shardblade?

Brandon Sanderson

The Shardblade cuts the soul and what Hoid does heals the soul.

source

So Hoid's healing may be even something different from the usual healings we have seen; depending on how you read that WoB though.

4 minutes ago, Overstorm said:

Here comes a WoB:

So Hoid's healing may be even something different from the usual healings we have seen; depending on how you read that WoB though.

Well usually Healing fixs the Soul but it's mostly a Spiritual Scar and you could not keep repairing too much. Maybe Hoid's Healing heals the Spiritual perfectly

• 1 month later...

Wit said he made a promise long ago to always be in the right place at the right time. So yes, he's definitely still feeling guilty for something. It makes you wonder, did the Shattering happen because he wasn't there in time? 

• Chaos locked this topic