Mistborns in Newcago

Assassin in Burgundy

Yes, I know the Reckoners isn't Cosmere, but how powerful would a Mistborn, or even a Coinshot, be in Newcago, a city that entirely consists of metal? Would this actually be OP, or would all the metal blind them, similarly to throwing metal dust into an Inquisitor's face? Really random thought.

I don't think they would be blind. But Newcago is quite a single piece of metal therefore they would be capable of freely "fly" in the city. Neither of their other abilities would be influenced

Would they be able to freely fly? I mean doesn't one peace of metal give off only one line? Or if it is that big there would be multiple lines...

However if it would give you a lot of strong lines, that wouldnt just allow you to fly, it would give you stabilization during pushing.

Either way there would be no way of blinding them, because misttborn normaly can see not only with steel sight. An Inquisitor could be theoriticaly blinded but not mistborn.

Edited by Szmit
grammar

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

I believe an Inquisitor would actually see perfectly in such a city. Also since all Inquisitors are steel/iron savants (in order to see), they could push or pull on any point of metal, much like Kelsier did and Wax does. 

Sorry, I'm confused, du you have a quote in which somebody can do that?

I'm not talking you are wrong, I just didnt notice anything like that.

On the other hand only recently I understood that normal misting can't do that, so I could easly miss it.

4 minutes ago, Szmit said:

Sorry, I'm confused, du you have a quote in which somebody can do that?

If you reread the fight scene between Kelsier and the Inquisitor at the end of the first Mistborn book, then you will see that Kelsier pushes on one and pulls on the other end of some metal bars in order to get them to spin in the air and block some arrows. Kelsier was a savant of, at least, Steel and Iron. (note: Pathfinder pointed this out to me the other day and it nearly melted my brain!)

• 2 months later...
On August 3, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Szmit said:

Would they be able to freely fly? I mean doesn't one peace of metal give off only one line? Or if it is that big there would be multiple lines...

I think in depends on how you think of the metal. In FE mistborn Kelsier pulls on one end of a rod and pushes on the other. So really, in Newcago there would be as many allomantic lines as the allomancer wanted.

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Dr. LIFE said:

I think in depends on how you think of the metal. In FE mistborn Kelsier pulls on one end of a rod and pushes on the other. So really, in Newcago there would be as many allomantic lines as the allomancer wanted.

Kelsier is also a steel savant, though.  A newly Snapped Coinshot would have a bit more difficulty.

7 hours ago, Spoolofwhool said:

It seems to be all about compartmentalizing the metal objects and viewing pieces as distinct. I think a new coinshot in Newcago wouldn't have too much difficulty as they would naturally subdivide larger objects into smaller segments, each with their own line. 

I totally agree with this Spool. 

Also...

Spoiler

In BoM we see Wax realise a bullet has mutliple parts and it splits into three lines as opposed to just one.

On 10/29/2016 at 5:57 PM, Landis963 said:

Kelsier is also a steel savant, though.  A newly Snapped Coinshot would have a bit more difficulty

True, but in BoM Wax separates his steel line on a bullet into separate lines. I don't know if Wax is a steel savant.

38 minutes ago, Dr. LIFE said:

True, but in BoM Wax separates his steel line on a bullet into separate lines. I don't know if Wax is a steel savant.

I think we have confirmation that he is, and that his steel bubble is something he can do because he's a savant.

Here it is, from the annotations:

Things like Wax’s steel bubble are tricks I wanted to save for people like Wax. (He’s what we’d call in the Mistborn world a steel savant, so capable with his metal—and having burned it so long, for so many years—that he’s got an instinctive ability with it that lets him be very precice.)

• Chaos locked this topic