dragonshadowbob

Partial Pulling

8 posts in this topic

Say you had a big iron statue, could a mistborn go and push on the head of the statue while pulling only the legs? Can an allomancer pull/push on only one part of a metal object while leaving the rest alone? I'm thinking that with practice, they could. I feel like it would be similar to using a piercing as an allomantic reserve (Which I'm pretty sure we have a WoB on) Thoughts? Opinions?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As default Steel and Iron works appling force to the mass center of an object (where the Steel line points).

But Steel/Iron Savant or other powerfull allomancer may began to "divide" the Steel lines and be able to push with more precision an Object (appling the force in more strategic point).

But it's not completely at their command, They don't decide where the new Steel lines would be appear on the object

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a Savant could yeah, Wax shows the ability to pick and choose what parts of metal he's pushing on at various times throughout his books, so I think yeah a Mistborn could theoretically do that, but it would take a lot of practice and intentional specialization in those two areas that most Mistborn didn't do. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Radiant Returned said:

I think a Savant could yeah, Wax shows the ability to pick and choose what parts of metal he's pushing on at various times throughout his books, so I think yeah a Mistborn could theoretically do that, but it would take a lot of practice and intentional specialization in those two areas that most Mistborn didn't do. 

I think it's more about effort and skill... Wax became capable of doing things like that when he was young and probably it wasn't an Allomancer from too much (too far to began a Savant development)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2016 at 11:23 AM, Yata said:

I think it's more about effort and skill... Wax became capable of doing things like that when he was young and probably it wasn't an Allomancer from too much (too far to began a Savant development)

Or, perhaps, Harmony meddled a bit in the case of young Wax seeing multiple parts of the bullet casing?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelsier was able to do so as well, and in his case I doubt Preservation or Ruin was meddling to make him able to do so. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Kelsier was able to do so as well, and in his case I doubt Preservation or Ruin was meddling to make him able to do so. 

Ohhhh, wow. I never realized that! At least, I assume you are referencing when he caused the bars of metal to spin in the air to block the arrows? That is a great catch!

At this point, Kelsier had been using his powers pretty intensely for, what, three years? I think he had achieved a certain level of Savantism by then eh? Would young Wax have already achieved it? It seems that either he just hit "Savantism" in his fight against... erm, whatever that guys name was or there was outside help. Good call @Pathfinder, good call.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Ohhhh, wow. I never realized that! At least, I assume you are referencing when he caused the bars of metal to spin in the air to block the arrows? That is a great catch!

At this point, Kelsier had been using his powers pretty intensely for, what, three years? I think he had achieved a certain level of Savantism by then eh? Would young Wax have already achieved it? It seems that either he just hit "Savantism" in his fight against... erm, whatever that guys name was or there was outside help. Good call @Pathfinder, good call.

Lol I would claim the find, but I believe both instances come up in their respective annotations where Brandon states Kelsier and Wax are steel savants. If I recall correctly lol. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.