Lucca Comics and Game Festival (Italy)

Yata

5 hours ago, Topomouse said:

I may be the only Italian guy that frequents this forum, but I'm definitely going, I don't think I will get a better opportunity to meet Sanderson.

The only problem is that most of my books are my kindle, so they are not very signature friendly.

I have the same problem... I will try to recover some of my favorites in physical edition for Lucca.

Edited by Yata

14 hours ago, Topomouse said:

I may be the only Italian guy that frequents this forum, but I'm definitely going, I don't think I will get a better opportunity to meet Sanderson.

The only problem is that most of my books are my kindle, so they are not very signature friendly.

Sanderson brings a silver sharpie to sign Kindles with to his signings. 

I live in Poland, but I wonder if I wouldn't manage to come to Lucca for this. I couldn't navigate the festival site, so I'd ask someone with knowledge of Italian - is Lucca a type of festival where you have to pay to attend? (also, if so - what are the fees?)

Lucca is quite a "strange" festival.

The Whole town hosts the event and you may find stands, shops and ecc... Spread for a large urban area. Of course they can't stop you for enter in the city but you have to buy a ticket to visit/buy the many stands/shop/ecc....for that day

About the ticket's cost at the moment I don't know and I can't search it right now... It's possible that you can't buy it, because if I don't remember wrong, from the last year. there is a limit to the ticket avaliable to avoid a city's stop caused by too visitors of the festival.

I will post here, when I find more.
EDIT: Little upgrade, I don't find a real reference on the site, but I asked to a friend of mine who go every year to Lucca Festival and He told me the ticket for one day is about 15 euros, more days is something like 10 euros at day.. Don't forget, it's not the official price, it's just like it was in the previous years.
He also told me that the limited number of enter-tickets was a marketing idea and actually nobody find himself uncapable of buy the pass for the stand.

Edited by Yata

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

You are defintely not the only italian on this forum, and I will ty my hardest to be at Lucca comics this year

With an European date, I think also people for the near countries may consider to go to Lucca comics... I will try my best too, also if I have a lot of problems in that days.

Anyway a couple of days ago. The Lucca Comics's managers fixed the ticket's price: http://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/it/2016/biglietti/

1 minute ago, king of nowhere said:

Oh, by the way, will there be also the chance to play magic with brandon? because in that case i must sign up. though i haven't played in a few years and I don't know the new expansions

It's too early to know something like that, I imagine

ok, and when are those kind of events generally announced?

And, since we're there, I haven't played magic in over 5 years; I'm not familiar with the latest cards. Is that going to be a problem for signing? you know, in case there is a draft and i need to read the cards because i don't know what they do.

Also, will the one who announces them become the holy first announcer?:P

First of all, maybe I am an horrible people to try to ask it but I sent a tweet to Peter to ask this:

Yata: ‏There is a chance at the Lucca Comics & Games to find some copies of Arcanum Unbounded ?(it's just some days before release)

Peter Ahlstrom:‏ @YataVSTheWorld Not officially, but maybe. Books often leak a bit early in Europe.

I know it's quite impossible...Burn my inner hope is burning fiercely B)

• 3 weeks later...

the time is coming nearer, but i still cannot find any detail. In particular, will brandon be there for the whole duration of the convention, or only a day or two? In particular I found this page http://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/it/2016/games/news/i-re-e-le-regine-della-narrativa-e-dellillustrazione/ (sorry, in italian only)  that seem to imply that he will only be there on tuesday. While the pagge on brandon's site http://brandonsanderson.com/upcoming-events/#10056 still shows no updates but seems to imply that he will be there the whole time

Since I can only come in the weekend, and me going or not hinges on sanderson actually being there, this is vital information to be had.

Yeah I hear the same thing...First November only as far as we know. I am recently become member of an Italian Cosmere's group and also there nobody have better information :( ... @king of nowhere maybe you may try to tweet to Peter to ask it, I recently spent all the mercy from both Peter and Brandon :rolleyes:

Sorry for the double post but "little" update.

http://www.luccacomicsandgames.com/it/2016/games/ospiti/brandon-sanderson/

For the not Italianlike Brandon would be avaliable the days: 28,29,30,31 October and 1 November.

- "Autografi di Brandon Sanderson"->"Autographer with Brandon Sanderson: The Author would be avaliable at the Fanucci's stand" 

-"I maghi del fantasy" -->"Wizards of Fantasy: Five among the greates fantasy author, five different kind of worldbuilding, five bestselling: all at the same table to tell us the secrets and disband the myths about the letteral genre most liked by Lucca Comics & Games's fan"

10 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

that's great news. pity for the late confirmation, it is now virtually impossible to book a hotel in the area. I'll sleep in the car, my brother won't come. Too bad there isn't a chance to play magic, but whatever. it's enough that sanderson stopped to italy for a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah. I am having problem to find any kind of way to arrive there without invest a lot of money in this little journey -.-

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in the area many times, and I really miss Italy. I would've considered it if I'd realised sooner, honestly. At the same time, he's also visiting Barcelona this tour, and my luck would have it, as an FC Barcelona fan, that they play away in Seville and Manchester the week he's there, so I can't combine a visit to Brandon and a match. :( Guess I'll wait until he's in London in or around April.

Ok today I met Brandon at Lucca Comics and Games....I was so exciting. I also made my girlfriend record the public event (but not relevant WoB) so in a few days I may post here.

I have the chance to ask him something, I have not the exact wording at the moment but the main points were:

1) To make an Hemalurgic Spike you don't need "external Investiture" (this answer was about my theory about the need of Ruin's Investiture to create Spikes...but I have to re-lister the question and the actual answer...it was quite confusing.

The other two questions was about some terms we don't know yet:

2) The "substance" who compose Shardworlds's Cognitive Realm has not yet a Canon name, Essence would be nice but it may be confusing with the Vorin's Essences therefore he have to make a better choice

3) The "perks" ("secondary effect born with interaction between powers") also has not a 100% sure name, but the main one at the moment is Resonances....We will discovered a lot of the in the third trilogy where the Scientific Method would be applied to the magic.

I am sorry for don't get more, but I was very worried at the signing and my English abilities was not at their top

PS: When I saw him (He surprised me arriving from behind)....I have the feel of him as Obliteration. Long black coat, glasses and the habit to appear and vanish in moments....I really wanted to say it to him. But I was freezed :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Yata

5 hours ago, Yata said:

Ok today I meet Brandon at Lucca Comics and Games....I was so exciting. I also made my girlfriend record the public event (but not relevant WoB) so in a few days I may post here.

I have the chance to ask him something, I have not the exact wording at the moment but the main points were:

1) To make an Hemalurgic Spike you don't need "external Investiture" (this answer was about my theory about the need of Ruin's Investiture to create Spikes...but I have to re-lister the question and the actual answer...it was quite confusing.

The other two questions was about some terms we don't know yet:

2) The "substance" who compose Shardworlds's Cognitive Realm has not yet a Canon name, Essence would be nice but it may be confusing with the Vorin's Essences therefore he have to make a better choice

3) The "perks" ("secondary effect born with interaction between powers") also has not a 100% sure name, but the main one at the moment is Resonances....We will discovered a lot of the in the third trilogy where the Scientific Method would be applied to the magic.

I am sorry for don't get more, but I was very worried at the signing and my English abilities was not at their top

PS: When I saw him (He surprised me arriving from behind)....I have the feel of him as Obliteration. Long black coat, glasses and the habit to appear and vanish in moments....I really wanted to say it to him. But I was freezed :ph34r::ph34r:

Nice questions man. Your really active in the community so it's cool to see you finally meet Brandon.

He's going to be at the festival awhile isn't he? Are you planning on asking him any more questions?