47 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

You haven't explained why my attack wasn't redirected then, Elenion. 

Sorry, but everything else in this game makes sense as far as the Pokemon set up goes. A redirect ability does not and thus I'm pretty sure you're lying. As Alv just pointed out, there isn't one. Even Mirror Move only allows you to copy a move after it's been used on you. It has to hit and then the next attack is duplicated. It's not redirected. I call you on your bluff. 

When it comes to the redirect itself, I can only speculate that the reflect has a limit of once per round to avoid making it OP.

Concerning the attacks that did go through, I think that both attacks being Not Very Effective is suspicious. Either you're using the same Pokemon (and now everyone would know Squirtle, assuming Joe's not bluffing), which is definitely possible, but I think it more likely that the target Pokemon exists out of the basic 3 types and therefore all attacks targeting it are Not Very Effective.

And when it comes to me bluffing, you're wrong. If I was looking for a bluff I would have picked something a little more reasonable-sounding, such as my attack being Super-Effective yet not killing him thus evidencing an extra-HP Pokemon.

But there's got to be more going on to explain this pushback against my effort to educate the general public: I think that you, Joe, and Alv are the ones bluffing. I was one of the most-allied players. Our alliance has seen some tough action last turnover: Eol was killed, Bugsy poisoned, and Lopen confused. With me gone, the largest alliance in the game crumbles even more, an alliance the existence of which the three of you have been opposing since it was formed. I'm not implying you're working with Orlok,--in fact, I highly doubt it--but I do believe that the three of you can spot a good opportunity when it comes around.

But there is a remedy to this mess: lynch Orlok and see. When he turns out to be an Unknown, I will be vindicated.

HOLD ON! I just realized that Joe was referring to an attack on me, not Orlok. New post coming. Sorry.

Edited by Elenion

@Metacognition @The Only Joe @Alvron

When it comes to the redirect itself, I can only speculate that the reflect has a limit of once per round to avoid making it OP.

Concerning the attack that went through, I find it interesting that it was Not Very Effective. Such a result could definitely come from a normal Pokemon, but it's also what I'd expect to come from hitting an Unknown that doesn't fit in the usual attack tables.

And when it comes to me bluffing, you're wrong. If I was looking for a bluff I would have picked something a little more reasonable-sounding, such as my attack being Super-Effective yet not killing him thus evidencing an extra-HP Pokemon.

But there's got to be more going on to explain this pushback against my effort to educate the general public: I think that you, Joe, and Alv are the ones bluffing. I was one of the most-allied players. Our alliance has seen some tough action last turnover: Eol was killed, Bugsy poisoned, and Lopen confused. With me gone, the largest alliance in the game crumbles even more, an alliance the existence of which the three of you have been opposing since it was formed. I'm not implying you're working with Orlok,--in fact, I highly doubt it--but I do believe that the three of you can spot a good opportunity when it comes around.

But there is a remedy to this mess: lynch Orlok and see. When he turns out to be an Unknown, I will be vindicated.

Edit: I'm going to bed now. I'll respond to all questions, concerns, accusations, etc. in the morning.

Edited by Elenion

5 minutes ago, Elenion said:

@Metacognition @The Only Joe @Alvron

Hey, I never said anything about the alliances forming nor have I questioned the validity of your claim.  All I have done is posit possible ways you could've had your attack redirected.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing which person in each alliance is going to stab the other members in the back first.  So by all means, team up.  Makes it more interesting for me.  You want to bluff, go ahead and bluff but expect everyone to question your claims as this is a free for all and everyone will be looking for a reason, however small, to get another killed.  Even if you tell the full untainted truth, expect it to be challenged.  But if you are going to call someone out, please make your facts are correct.  To me, this reeks of you trying to shift focus onto us by making it look like a conspiracy against you and your alliance.

2 hours ago, Metacognition said:

Elenion is straight up lying about Orlok to get someone other than people on his alliance targeted and I won't stand for that. I targeted Orlok last night as well (I thought it was strange how much he tried to buddy up to me) and my attack was not redirected to me. My attack hit and it was "Not Very Effective." Beyond that, I don't know of a single Pokemon that has an ability to redirect attacks. There's moves like Barrier, that protect against attacks, but nothing that redirects them that I'm aware of. Especially in Generation 1, which I assume we're working with considering the Pokemon that have been revealed so far. If there is one, I'm all ears. 

In fact, with my attack going through and thus why I highly doubt Elenion's claim, I question whether he even attacked Orlok to begin with. He could've picked just about anyone....

1) I'm glad that acting on principle rather than sound strategy gets me your distrust, Meta. I would point to my track record in recent games - particularly LG22 and MR15 as evidence that I am prepared to do this regularly.

2) More importantly, Elenion's argument is absolute fabrication. I was hit by a single attack last night - whether you or Meta I don't know, and most definitely cannot reflect attacks.

I can see two possible reasons for Elenion's claim. The first - and most benign is that he's simply confused - that he's misread someone else attacking him as my having reflected his damage.

Alternatively, Elenion is intentionally picking a target who is demonstratively opposed to his alliance, and with a proven record of challenging him on dictatorial gameplay, and is lying in an attempt to have me lynched. This I see as far more likely. Consequently, I'm going to vote for Elenion.

Edited by OrlokTsubodai
Correcting typo

What if it's an outside influence? Witch from Town of Salem allows you to choose a player and redirect their action onto a player of the witch's choice. I think it's entirely possible that there's a similar role here who chose Len to target himself. Reasoning:

Len would not have said that Orlok had a reflection role if he did not believe it to be true. His goal in bringing it up was to hopefully get Orlok lynched and if Orlok turned out to not be a reflection role, Len would be lynched next turn.

I'm terribly sorry if I overstep civility here, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't more than a little annoyed now.

This is the second time in less than a month that (incidently also on C2), someone has lied about my role in an attempt to get me lynched.

In LG23, it was, whilst irritating, understandable to a degree - Aman had legitimate suspicions about me. I wholly disagree with it as a strategy, and believe it to undermine the atmosphere of the subforum, but can at least understand why he did it.

This game, however, I am seriously frustrated. Unless Elenion has either not been bothered to read his PM properly, or is too ashamed to admit he misread it before making his first accusation, I cannot see a reason for such an argument short of spite.

It's not an accusation easy to refute, particularly when no one will listen to the many voices explaining how what I am accused of is not even possible.

I will therefore ask that if I am lynched, you all vote on Elenion without hesitation. Lying about this sort of thing is not at all fun for the player targeted, and is definitely not something I think we want to see spreading across future games if we want to maintain the atmosphere that makes our forum special. By immediately lynching those players who use such a tactic, we can set a precedent, and ensure this does not occur.

Edited by OrlokTsubodai
Grammar

Sorry I haven't been on, I had a busy night. Two things, First, I officially want to join team Dinosaur as a Therizinosaurus. That is a dinosaur as big as a allosaurus and has three giant claws on each hand. So. . . RAWR!. Also, sorry Magestar, but I don't like how quickly the lynch moved away from you.

I think someone who was not Orlok could have made Elenion attack himself. Unless his PM explicitly stated that Orlok did the reflecting, that makes much more sense to me. That implies that neither Orlok nor Elenion are lying, Elenion is just making an assumption, which looks to be a totally reasonable one, but still an assumption.

Of course, one of them could easily be lying, but that just doesn't make sense to me at this point in the game.

Just popping in here to say that hiding posts is not allowed unless you've posted the same post twice (or more) in a row. The general rules state that posts cannot be edited or changed of meaning in any way. That includes hiding them so regular players can't even see them. Hidden posts that shouldn't have been hidden will be unhidden by moderators. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Conquestor said:

Sorry I haven't been on, I had a busy night. Two things, First, I officially want to join team Dinosaur as a Therizinosaurus. That is a dinosaur as big as a allosaurus and has three giant claws on each hand. So. . . RAWR!. Also, sorry Magestar, but I don't like how quickly the lynch moved away from you.

Umm.  I seriously don't even understand.  Howe could I have moved the lynch away from me?  There are no PM's! Plus, I have not even been on the Shard since when I said I had to go last night, due to personal reasons.  

Also, I am not sure what is going down with Elenion, I would not be surprised if Aman or Stink got mixed up, since, as we know, there were a whole ton of PM's yesterday.  

I already said I have a secret Pokemon.  I can tell you what it is, if you really must know, but I really feel like it is best to have it unknown whether or not I can do anything.  I will probably tell you guys later.  Until then, you can know that I will look up what my pokémon's effectiveness is, and that I am pretty sure it is useless, and is only good for it's special, which, in my opinion, is not great.  Also, I was attacked last night, and took 1 HP.  it was not very effective.  Make of that what you will.

Just now, Magestar said:

Also, I am not sure what is going down with Elenion, I would not be surprised if Aman or Stink got mixed up, since, as we know, there were a whole ton of PM's yesterday.  

Well, surprise :P I can confirm that every PM sent at turn over was accurate. No mistakes were made. I'm too strict for that :D I cannot say anything more on the subject, other than Meta's is right in that this game only incorporates Pokemon, Types and Moves from the First Generation, and that every move sufficiently reflects it's equivalent in the video games, with perhaps one or two tweaks for the sake of balancing.

I don't really want to become a large voting bloc, despite being, you know, Team Dinosaur. There are small dinosaurs too! I guess Con can join though, if the other dinosaurs are okay with it?

(EDIT: Also, members of Team Dinosaur don't HAVE to all vote for the same person. The point was non-aggression, not joint strikes. That said, we COULD hunt like a pack of velociraptors, it'll just make the other people more likely to go for us, which is bad, and not what I'm going for.)

So, Alv, you are saying that you can only attack every other round (though you don't say your strength), and you can't be targeted every other round, but you're vulnerable between. So, you can be attacked and lynched tonight, but you couldn't be tomorrow. That makes you totally not a big threat, imo. There are much scarier pokemon out there. Unless you have a high str or are Super Effective against the base types, you're doing low damage.

The number of dead pokemon is consistent with what I'd expect. It was actually pretty average, if not low, if you look at the probabilities. 18 normal pokemon means 6 of each. Each of those 6 has a 6 in 22 chance of instakilling, and six attempts with a 6/22 chance means 16^6/22^6 =14% chance of none of a base type dying, for each base type. So, 86% chance of at least one dying. This turn, there's a 79% chance of at least one pokemon dying, independent for each of the three types. About a 50% chance of at least one dying from each again.

This is going to be a fast game, btw. On average, the game will last until Cycle 5, when everyone dies, because 5 HP. Though, there could be unknowns with extra health and there are probably people who are being ignored, so at Cycle 5, we'll be down to the people least targeted or with the strongest pokemon. I expect the game to end before Cycle 7.

Edited by Nyali

5 hours ago, Nyali said:

I think someone who was not Orlok could have made Elenion attack himself. Unless his PM explicitly stated that Orlok did the reflecting, that makes much more sense to me. That implies that neither Orlok nor Elenion are lying, Elenion is just making an assumption, which looks to be a totally reasonable one, but still an assumption.

Of course, one of them could easily be lying, but that just doesn't make sense to me at this point in the game.

Looking at the exact wording, that could be the case. My PM says "The attack was redirected!", and I assumed that it was something that Orlok did. But just like we haven't found a Pokemon with that ability, I can't think of any Pokemon (in my extremely limited knowledge) that would cause such a redirection.

So Orlok said he was hit by only 1 attack, and Meta and I both said we attacked Orlok! I don't know about allowing witches in Pokemon, @Ecthelion III, but a third-party deflection looks more and more probable.

Edit: Can I get a vote tally to see where we stand?

Edited by Elenion

I'm on mobile right now, but really guys? There is no Witch. We have word from Aman that everything is based on first generation pokemon. But beyind that, I KNOW that Elenion is lying because I know what Orlok is. He's a Pidgetto and has the ability Fly. I'm revealing this because I think it's incredibly unfair that Orlok is going to die just because Elenion blatantly lied. That shouldn't be rewarded, IMO. Think about how you'd feel if you were killed just because of something someone made up. Not too pleasant I'll bet.

Edited by Metacognition