Finished the movie and saw this...  Well, that's nice.

At this point I'm being attacked by a team.  Great.  Well, there's no hope for me now, unless another group decides to come to my defense.  In a free-for-all, there is not a lot I can say in my defense.  I could bribe you, and say I would join Team Dinosaur.  But that feels like a bad idea.  I don't suppose anyone else will come to my defense here?

Also, Orlok.  If he can reflect our attacks, doesn't that mean we should lynch him?  I fail to see how we can kill him otherwise.

So the teams, at least Dinosaur Team, are turning into voting blocs. A point in Meta's favour I'd say. 

But, the more interesting thing is, why did @Alvron pull the lynch off Meta? I'm sure there could be a benign reason behind it, but, you know, paranoia and stuff. 

@Magestar, Orlok's reflect is probably a night attack only ability, and Alv's evade is probably a lynch only ability 

5 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

So the teams, at least Dinosaur Team, are turning into voting blocs. A point in Meta's favour I'd say. 

But, the more interesting thing is, why did @Alvron pull the lynch off Meta? I'm sure there could be a benign reason behind it, but, you know, paranoia and stuff. 

@Magestar, Orlok's reflect is probably a night attack only ability, and Alv's evade is probably a lynch only ability 

Yep. Pretty neat isn't it?

Team Dinosaur is probably just going to gang up on people until they're the only ones left, so I don't think we should let them get away with lynching Magestar.

edit: Or maybe I just want to annoy them... we should probably lynch Magestar next cycle, unless team dinosaur wants to. /edit

Besides, a pokemon that can reflect damage? There's no way we can kill them (probably) unless we lynch them. (Magestar already said  this) Might as well get it over with now. Orlok.

Magestar (4): Nyali, Ecthelion, Elodin, SD

Orlok (5): Magestar, Elenion, Cloud, Bugsy, Straw

Edited by cloudjumper

3 hours ago, Magestar said:

I really do not know that much about pokemon, so I honestly cannot tell you what my effectiveness will be.

A simple google search for "pokemon weaknesses" would remedy that.

If we lynch you, we can learn one of the secret Pokemon in case we have to fight another in the future.

1 hour ago, cloudjumper said:

Besides, a pokemon that can reflect damage? There's no way we can kill them (probably) unless we lynch them. (Magestar already said  this) Might as well get it over with now. Orlok.

He probably has a limited amount of PP, otherwise that ability would be ridiculously OP. He'll run out at some point. I'd rather face a known foe who we can lynch at any time than an unknown one like Magestar.

I wasn't informed, all I was told is that it wasn't very effective and I was poisoned. It also didn't break up the damage analysis for me, so I just know my total HP lost instead of how much each attack individually contributed

@Ecthelion III

Edit 2: I just had an amazing idea! If no one attacks me tonight, I'll let you all know how much my health goes down from poison. That way, I don't die as fast and you get more info :) 

Edited by Bugsy6912
Added the tag

Notes: 

Currently teams seem confined to three people. 

I now know the pokemon of Elenion, Magestar, Orlock, and Alvron.

Alv can be killed at night.

Orlock can be killed by the lynch.

Voting blocs are appearing.

Magestar is being lynched.

Everyone is paranoid.

STINK is a infamous troll.

Orlock has a unfair advantage. Team Kalam's goal is to level the playing field.

20 minutes ago, Straw said:

Notes: 

Currently teams seem confined to three people. 

I now know the pokemon of Elenion, Magestar, Orlock, and Alvron.

Orlock can be killed by the lynch.

Voting blocs are appearing.

Magestar is being lynched.

Everyone is paranoid.

STINK is a infamous troll.

Orlock has a unfair advantage. Team Kalam's goal is to level the playing field.

I think the alliances are going to self-destruct before long anyway. We lost Eol last night, Bugsy got hit up with a poison effect that doesn't sound good at all, and I got swarmed, plus hit by my own attack, and yet somehow avoided getting one-shotted.

I wasn't informed, all I was told is that it wasn't very effective and I was poisoned. It also didn't break up the damage analysis for me, so I just know my total HP lost instead of how much each attack individually contributed

@Ecthelion III

Edit 2: I just had an amazing idea! If no one attacks me tonight, I'll let you all know how much my health goes down from poison. That way, I don't die as fast and you get more info :) 

In the card game you take one damage per player turn. I can only assume here it will be one damage per cycle. The real question is how long does it last: a set number of turns, RNG'd with a chance of removing it, until you die, or something else.

1 minute ago, cloudjumper said:

How many unknown pokemon are there?

There were 5 unlock points, so I can assume 5 unknowns. We know things about 3 of them:

1. Alv's (forgot-the-name): Can dodge the lynch, but from what he said it sounded like a once-per-game to me
  2. Orlok's (unknown name): Can reflect attacks back, dealing original damage. Trigger unknown, might be universal, once-per-game, PP-based, etc.
  3. The Anonymous Poisoner: Deals poison. I've speculated that the nature of the damage is 1 per cycle, but the duration is unknown, except maybe to the poisoner themself.

@Magestar might be the Poisoner, but he might be something else. Would you care to comment on what specifically you are?

6 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

Which Pokémon did Alv say he had? Digi something or whatever? I don't think it's likely that multiple people would have the same one, is it? 

Diglett

5 hours ago, Nyali said:

I suspect Alvron has an Unknown that let him survive the lynch, but if that was it's only power, it seems like it might be nothing to really be worried about now that it's been used.

It's not unknown now.:P

4 hours ago, AliasSheep said:

Because I really really didn't want Meta to die first cycle.  I hardly ever get to play with Meta so the longer he's around the better.  At least until he kills me.

59 minutes ago, Straw said:

You sure of that?

For those wondering, my Pokemon is a Diglett.  It has the ability of Dig.  This allows it to dodge all incoming damage for the turn it's activated.  The next turn (this one) it pops back up and attacks my target, which I selected the cycle before when I activated Dig.  If the one I targeted is knocked out first then I don't get to select a new target and the attack is wasted.

Now, the question is, who did I select to attack last cycle?:o  Which of you is about to be attacked from below?:P

1 minute ago, Alvron said:

For those wondering, my Pokemon is a Diglett.  It has the ability of Dig.  This allows it to dodge all incoming damage for the turn it's activated.  The next turn (this one) it pops back up and attacks my target, which I selected the cycle before when I activated Dig.  If the one I targeted is knocked out first then I don't get to select a new target and the attack is wasted.

Please elaborate: what is the PP cost of this ability? What is its cooldown? Do you have a standard attack as well?

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

Please elaborate: what is the PP cost of this ability? What is its cooldown? Do you have a standard attack as well?

Secrets.....  As if I'm going to reveal everything.:P

Elenion is straight up lying about Orlok to get someone other than people on his alliance targeted and I won't stand for that. I targeted Orlok last night as well (I thought it was strange how much he tried to buddy up to me) and my attack was not redirected to me. My attack hit and it was "Not Very Effective." Beyond that, I don't know of a single Pokemon that has an ability to redirect attacks. There's moves like Barrier, that protect against attacks, but nothing that redirects them that I'm aware of. Especially in Generation 1, which I assume we're working with considering the Pokemon that have been revealed so far. If there is one, I'm all ears. 

In fact, with my attack going through and thus why I highly doubt Elenion's claim, I question whether he even attacked Orlok to begin with. He could've picked just about anyone....

Edited by Metacognition

3 minutes ago, Metacognition said:

Elenion is straight up lying about Orlok to get someone other than people on his alliance targeted and I won't stand for that. I targeted Orlok last night as well (I thought it was strange how much he tried to buddy up to me) and my attack was not redirected to me. My attack hit and it was "Not Very Effective." Beyond that, I don't know of a single Pokemon that has an ability to redirect attacks. There's moves like Barrier, that protect against attacks, but nothing that redirects them that I'm aware of. Especially in Generation 1, which I assume we're working with considering the Pokemon that have been revealed so far. If there is one, I'm all ears. 

I think there is a Reflect ability.  Kadabra, Alakazam and Mr Mime can use it but that only increases Defense.  I also doubt there are Pokemon that high in this version of the game.

Just now, Metacognition said:

Elenion is straight up lying about Orlok to get someone other than people on his alliance targeted and I won't stand for that. I targeted Orlok last night as well (I thought it was strange how much he tried to buddy up to me) and my attack was not redirected to me. My attack hit and it was "Not Very Effective." Beyond that, I don't know of a single Pokemon that has an ability to redirect attacks. There's moves like Barrier, that protect against attacks, but nothing that redirects them that I'm aware of. Especially in Generation 1, which I assume we're working with considering the Pokemon that have been revealed so far. 

I have no reason to lie, especially to get the target off of my team, because I gain absolutely no benefit from my alliance surviving until the end. I put that info out there because I deemed it in everyone (but Orlok)'s best interest to know that he could reflect attacks, and because I was feeling bitter from being cheap-shotted by my own attack.

As for knowing a Pokemon with reflect, I haven't played Pokemon in years. But whatever Orlok has, it's got reflect.

Just went through the wiki and Mirror Move is the only one I can see being the culprit.  But again all that does is copy the attack rather than redirect it.

Edit: Maybe Thorns, but it also doesn't fit with a redirected attack.

Edited by Alvron

You haven't explained why my attack wasn't redirected then, Elenion. 

Sorry, but everything else in this game makes sense as far as the Pokemon set up goes. A redirect ability does not and thus I'm pretty sure you're lying. As Alv just pointed out, there isn't one. Even Mirror Move only allows you to copy a move after it's been used on you. It has to hit and then the next attack is duplicated. It's not redirected. I call you on your bluff.