Well as far as I know the players that I talk to OOG haven't made a pact(and if they have and left me out I'll be so sad :().

Sure Eol! I might as well make a pact with all of you Aussies so I have someone to talk to when I stay up way too late. :P Elenion, maybe. I can't be friends with too many people cause then I'd never be able to kill anyone! (I guess I won't attack you though :P)

Alv...I'm sure you're not. <_<

I wouldn't mind getting in on the no-aggression team, if it's all the same to you.

Because I would not be amused if a lurker or an inactive ended up winning the game by ducking under the radar, they're going to be my primary targets in the early game.

@Sart is the first person that I saw that has been on since rollover, so he'll get my vote for now.

Edited by The Young Bard
Bad grammar

1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Well as far as I know the players that I talk to OOG haven't made a pact(and if they have and left me out I'll be so sad :().

Sure Eol! I might as well make a pact with all of you Aussies so I have someone to talk to when I stay up way too late. :P Elenion, maybe. I can't be friends with too many people cause then I'd never be able to kill anyone! (I guess I won't attack you though :P)

Alv...I'm sure you're not. <_<

Good with me. I'm not looking for voting synchronization, just a player whom I can count on not being one-shotted by. If @The Young Bard agrees to these terms, he can join me, too.

Alliances so far:

Elenion Bugsy Eol
Elenion, Lopen, Bard
Eol Bugsy Lopen

This, everyone, is a voting block. Notice the interlinking between all the alliances made so far. That's not a coincidence, IMO. What they've done is make it so that if any of them get voted on, someone else will get lynched instead. Any vote on one of them will likely require at least 5 votes to be successful. Don't believe me? Test it. The chances that they'll just let someone that won't attack them die is slim at best. The more people that they have that won't attack them alive, the more likely they are to survive after all. That's just simple statistics. 

Personally, I consider myself a dead man walking. I have no doubts that I won't make it to the end. As such, I don't have any problem pointing this out so that everyone can see what's happening. 

If you want to join their alliance, good for you. You'll survive only as long as the alliance lasts. I don't be fooled, there will likely be some favoritism when it comes to who gets turned on first. 

If you don't, I suggest we break up these formal alliances before they even get a chance to start. Or else we'll be playing a faction game, instead of a free for all, where it was decided by who was on before everyone else was....

@The Only Joe Given my thoughts on alliances in general (and while I don't have time to RP it right now), I'd be happy with a RP alliance only at this point. I won't say I won't attack you, but I'd like to stand a chance to continue the RP further. :P

Edited by Metacognition

5 hours ago, Elenion said:

@Eolhondras I've already got a truce with Bugsy, so why don't you make one with me as well, so we'll be a threesome? And @TheMightyLopen I'll team with you too if you want.

5 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

I wouldn't mind getting in on the no-aggression team, if it's all the same to you.

Wonderful!

1 hour ago, Metacognition said:

This, everyone, is a voting block. Notice the interlinking between all the alliances made so far. That's not a coincidence, IMO. What they've done is make it so that if any of them get voted on, someone else will get lynched instead. Any vote on one of them will likely require at least 5 votes to be successful. Don't believe me? Test it. The chances that they'll just let someone that won't attack them die is slim at best. The more people that they have that won't attack them alive, the more likely they are to survive after all. That's just simple statistics. 

Personally, I consider myself a dead man walking. I have no doubts that I won't make it to the end. As such, I don't have any problem pointing this out so that everyone can see what's happening. 

If you want to join their alliance, good for you. You'll survive only as long as the alliance lasts. I don't be fooled, there will likely be some favoritism when it comes to who gets turned on first. 

If you don't, I suggest we break up these formal alliances before they even get a chance to start. Or else we'll be playing a faction game, instead of a free for all, where it was decided by who was on before everyone else was....

@The Only Joe Given my thoughts on alliances in general (and while I don't have time to RP it right now), I'd be happy with a RP alliance only at this point. I won't say I won't attack you, but I'd like to stand a chance to continue the RP further. :P

I'm not sure exactly how you're wanting this game to play out. In a truly faction-less free for all, there is no intrigue, no cunning. Simply the first person to gather a couple of poke votes in the lynch dies (exactly like whats happened today) and its basically luck of the draw as to who dies at night based on Pokemon types. Repeat until there's only one person...

The players you've listed are 5/25 players in this game, hardly an overpowering majority. I'm not playing favorites, I've freely said I'll make the same deal with whoever asks, regardless of when they come online. There's no PM's so there's no backroom deals secretly plotting when and who to stab in the back. Anything I have to say I have to say to you all. 

Your method of 'finding people to work with' that is definitely not a faction, relies on attacking and finding people who you're not effective or somewhat effective against. Except as soon as you ally with someone you're not effective against, you've just given them a loaded gun to knock you off whenever they please. I believe its far better to work with people when you have no idea what you're attack will do to them. 

You also perpetuate the idea of an eliminator faction while calling for a divided population. If there is an eliminator faction, (which for the record, I don't believe there is.) it would make it way easier to win with a divided 'village'. Imagine a normal game where every player was a coin shot and used their ability every turn. The people who have a group consensus (i.e. elim faction) are less likely to get attacked, and therefore more likely to win. That's simple statistics.

Everything you've done so far Meta, feels reminiscent of an outed eliminator, who's only purpose is to cause as much derision and doubt before their inevitable death. You might not feel like you're going to make it to the end of the game, but I don't think players should be rebuked for trying to put themselves in the best position to with the game.

2 hours ago, Metacognition said:

Alliances so far:

Elenion Bugsy Eol
Elenion, Lopen, Bard
Eol Bugsy Lopen

This, everyone, is a voting block. Notice the interlinking between all the alliances made so far. That's not a coincidence, IMO. 

Of course it would interlock. Most (4/5) of the people who have offered to form an alliance have issued a blanket statement to ally with anyone interested, so they've all allied with all of the others. I don't see how being inclusive is suspicious

What they've done is make it so that if any of them get voted on, someone else will get lynched instead. Any vote on one of them will likely require at least 5 votes to be successful. Don't believe me? Test it. The chances that they'll just let someone that won't attack them die is slim at best. The more people that they have that won't attack them alive, the more likely they are to survive after all. That's just simple statistics. 

It's true (at least, theoretically) that we'd help each other in the lynch.  Of course, we're by no means safe from night attacks.

I know that I'll personally leave as soon as the alliance begins to fall apart. If we start to kill each other 1 by 1, the alliance becomes close to pointless, regardless of who gets turned on first

So, you propose an anti-faction faction... Seems a bit hypocritical. Plus, you can't really argue that it's based on early activities, when we've let in anyone who's asked to join.

Also, I'm willing to join with Bard and Lopen, now that I've gotten back on

Lorien saw as a single overpowering team started to combine. He didn't want to be a part of it when it came down, but did not want to be by himself. He saw a guy in a wheelchair and a guy having trouble with his phone, team. He didn't want to be by himself when the madness truly started, so he walked over and said "Would it be ok if I joined you guys?" He gave them a big smile and waited for their answer.

Oh Boy. This is going to get dangerous quickly.  Also, although I agree with what Meta is saying about factions, factions have already appeared, and staying outside of one will soon become dangerous.  So... Yeah, I'm still not going to make any alliances yet.  Currently, I think my role is not really a danger to anyone, so, until someone just gets bored of me being here, I'm just going to sit back and watch this happen.

Neutrality is the best option. :mellow:

Edited by Magestar

Dinosaurs Resume

Name: TheSilverDragon

Dinosaur:  Microraptor 

microraptorweb.jpg

Proof I know about dinosaurs:

Dinosaurs are really big lizards

The word “dinosaur” was coined by British paleontologist Richard Owen in 1842. It is Greek, meaning “terrible lizard.” Rather than implying that dinosaurs were fearsome, Owen used the term to refer to their majesty and size.

The blue whale is bigger than any dinosaur

Dinosaurs often swallowed large rocks. These rocks stayed in the stomach and helped them grind up food.

The longest Dinosaur name is Micropachycephalosaurus (hope I spelled that right)

A Single Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth was nearly one foot long

Edited by TheSilverDragon

8 minutes ago, TheSilverDragon said:

Dinosaurs Resume

Name: TheSilverDragon

Dinosaur:  Microraptor 

microraptorweb.jpg

Proof I know about dinosaurs:

Dinosaurs are really big lizards

The word “dinosaur” was coined by British paleontologist Richard Owen in 1842. It is Greek, meaning “terrible lizard.” Rather than implying that dinosaurs were fearsome, Owen used the term to refer to their majesty and size.

The blue whale is bigger than any dinosaur

Dinosaurs often swallowed large rocks. These rocks stayed in the stomach and helped them grind up food.

The longest Dinosaur name is Micropachycephalosaurus (hope I spelled that right)

A Single Tyrannosaurus Rex tooth was nearly one foot long

Congratulations! Nyali, mind certifying this?

18 minutes ago, Master Elodin said:

Congratulations! Nyali, mind certifying this?

Team Dinosaur formally welcomes Somebody to Team Dinosaur. That Dinosaur is definitely Somebody!

You're also on the team, Bulbasaur. Because your name has an appropriate "saur" at the end. (Feel free to still submit a Dinosaur Resume though!)

Sincerely, Nyasaur of Team Dinosaur

Team Dinosaur's Rules

1. Rawr!
  2. Rawr!!
  3. Do not attack other members of Team Dinosaur, or else, RAWR!!!
Edited by Nyali

After a long day of work, Overseer 'Shoulders' returned to his humble abode, suppressing a yawn until he finally reached his bed. It didn't take long for him to succumb to his exhaustion, though when his alarm started blaring the next morning, it did not seem to phase him. Apparently, many of the players had been given directions to his house and began rapping on his door to ask questions, though even that did not wake him. It wasn't until the 'Head' Overseer burst in through the roof that 'Shoulders' rose.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING," 'Head' screamed. "DON'T YOU HEAR THEM? THERE'S WORK TO BE DONE!"

Rubbing the tear-soaked crusts from his eyes, 'Shoulders' looked up at his boss, then the hole in the ceiling, dumbfounded. He was about to comment on his entrance but the sound of chaos brewing outside was clear. "I don't suppose you could have intervened, eh?"

"OF COURSE NOT!" 'Head' screamed... he seemed unable to do much else... "WHEN HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE PHRASE "HE HELD THE WHOLE WORLD UPON HIS HEAD?"

'Shoulders' shook his and threw off his covers. Underneath, he was still fully dressed. "You could have at least talked to them," he said. "Head's do plenty of that."

"COME NOW, GOOD CHAP, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT!" 'Head' yelled. "I DID PLENTY OF TALKING!"

'Shoulders' stared at him blankly. "Oh? Then what did you say?"

"PAFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he shouted with glory as his head inflated like a balloon and he floated outside the hole he made in the ceiling. Watching him in disbelief, 'Shoulders' sighed, picked up his keys from the counter, and sauntered outside, hair still greasy and unruly from his slumber, and returned to the arena to fix whatever problems 'Head' let fester.

TL;DR: So... many... PMs!

Wow.  Are there really that many PMs?  I feel like there should not be an overwhelming amount..

edit; Hmm.   If everyone here sent you only the same number I did, you would only have 72 PMs.  Well, I say only.  I guess that is a pretty large number.

Edited by Magestar

If half the people in the game have clarificatory questions, that's 12 PMs right there. If Aman's getting notifications and each individual message shows up, given that Stink's been responding... let's say minimum 24, but probably more like 50. :P I don't envy you, Aman. 

In other news... I have no idea how to handle a free for all. My first instinct was to just do RP and not much strategizing, but there's the little fact of me knowing nothing about Pokemon whatsoever, in any format. So that's not really an option. So, yep. I'll try to post more substantially tonight (which will be next cycle, I think, because QFs are fast), but that's my general opinion at moment. 

Friendly reminder to place your orders if you haven't already. There's just under 6 hours left in the turn, and the sooner we know what everyone's doing, the sooner we can get out the next write up and results PMs!

red_1470261600.png

Also, for anyone who sent us an order and didn't receive a reply saying "Noted," please send it again just so I can make sure there's no mistakes. Thanks :D

Edited by Amanuensis