• Alvron locked this topic
3 minutes ago, Alvron said:

2 votes on me already?  Nice.  I'm going to vote for Myself.

I see what you did there.

Strategy is weird here. I really have no Idea who we should lynch, except to hop on the Alvron wagon, but deciding who to lynch by whoever gets voted on first is probably a bad idea.

This whole game kinda strikes me as russian roulette - hopefully you don't get targeted by a super effective kill. I guess If you can figure out who you'd be effective against, then the best use of your PP would be to take them out. Of course, that only works if people post the results of their attacks in the thread.

2 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Hey everyone! Not sure what strategy we should use, either. I suppose alliances will start to form. I'm open to teaming with anyone who wants to. :) 

2 hours ago, Straw said:

Alvron is a good choice. As to whether I will make alliances, I might make alliances with people but I will share all info I learn in the thread.

There are no PMs, so forming alliances for information might be difficult. As a fighting partner, though, it has merits.

@Bugsy6912 I'm looking for an alliance partner. How about it?

Edited by Elenion

Alv (3): Straw, Magestar, Ecthelion

Ripple (1): Alv

Orlok (1): Kipper

Zas (1): Nyali

Meta (1): Bugsy

Lopen (1): Eol

Bugsy (1): Meta

SD (1): Zas

Edit: So...Eol, what do you think about all of this? 

Edited by cloudjumper
I'll make it a running tally too!

36 minutes ago, Elenion said:

There are no PMs, so forming alliances for information might be difficult. As a fighting partner, though, it has merits.

@Bugsy6912 I'm looking for an alliance partner. How about it?

Sure thing! And I think Joe is kinda asking to be killed at this point :P 

4 minutes ago, Bugsy6912 said:

Sure thing! And I think Joe is kinda asking to be killed at this point :P 

So just which Joe are you voting for?  You voting for Joe who is Ripple who is Myself or Joe who is Myself but not that Myself which is Ripple but not Joe who isn't Myself?

1 hour ago, cloudjumper said:

Edit: So...Eol, what do you think about all of this? 

Seems like a straight up shambles. 

I'm open to a peace pact with anyone who's willing. To some limited extent, this may have been organised in PM's before game by some players. If that isn't you, best not to be left behind.

Given there's only 25 players, and a lynch every turn, 20pp is a lot. Basically no need to hold back.

Edit: Lopen, Why the hell not.

Edited by Eolhondras

1 hour ago, Conquestor said:

Also, what if there is an eliminator and we just don't know?:ph34r:

This is a very good question and I suspect that some of the people ignoring it are likely those that got "unknowns;" especially if they are an eliminator faction! 

Unless the Unknown Pokemon want to step out into the limelight and reveal that there isn't an Eliminator team, It behooves us not to get so caught up in just killing anyone other than ourselves and try to figure out who is most likely to be a threat*. 

For example: Right now, Elenion and Bugsy have already said that they're willing to form an alliance. That would make them likely to vote for anyone other than each other and to attack anyone other than each other; thus making them a larger threat than anything else at the moment. Beyond that, the fact that they are so quick to ally with each other when they don't know if one of them actually isn't an Eliminator faction! 

Beyond that, Magestar, Straw, and Ecthelion all hopping on the same vote so quickly is worrying if there is an eliminator faction. With everyone focusing on the FFA aspect, they might feel like they could get away with it. Or they could be an Unknown that has to all vote the same way (Dodrio or Dugtrio anyone?). 

*Yes, I know that puts me on the list just because of how dangerous people think I am, but to help with some of that, please remember that I have never won a game as an Eliminator. Eeven if there are none in this game, as a FFA, technically we'd all be Eliminators. So my chances of winning this entire thing are incredibly slim. 

10 minutes ago, Eolhondras said:

To some limited extent, this may have been organised in PM's before game by some players. If that isn't you, best not to be left behind.

I sure hope not. The last time we had a FFA (The Hunger Games QF), some of us tried doing that and it was against the rules then and should be now. To me, that is similar to using PMs in a game where there isn't any PMs; you're specifically trying to bypass the rules to give yourself an advantage. Thus why it was outlawed then and that should still stand now. 

Now, as far as finding people to team with, if you hit someone with your attack and it's not effective or not very effective, that person should probably be someone you work with. They wind up covering your weaknesses and you'll be a stronger team because of it. It's better than just picking at random, at least and that's how I plan to go about it. It's either that or we all wind up dividing off into teams (like in the game: Instinct, Valor, Mystic) just to compete with the other alliances that are made and then we've take this FFA and basically turned it into a Faction game. :/

Micheal waved his phone around the arena, using one hand to steer his wheelchair in a 360 as he took it all in. In reality, he could see all of his opponents spread out throughout the arena. In the game world, it was a virtual Garden of Eden, with different terrains and atmospheres and everyone's avatar was unique. 

Already he could see groups starting to form. Some people seemed to recognize each other and they congregated together, giving each other high fives and laughing. 

Micheal didn't see anyone he knew offhand, but that wasn't surprising. He was pretty abysmal when it came to making friends. Still, he had hoped that he might find a few other Team Instinct players and join up with them. After all, his Pokemon might be strong, but if other people were teaming up and fought together, then (as history had proven to him time and again) he was sure that his inability to run away very fast would make him a prime target for them to go after.... 

ripplegylf I'm going to try to play this strategically. I won't vote for anyone who hasn't voted for me.
Also, I'm to going to refer to RippleGylf (The Member) as RippleGlyf, and myself as RippleGlyph.

'RippleGlyph' tapped his screen, and when nothing happened, tapped it a few more times. It stayed stuck like that, still loading, with a picture of a man on a bridge being attacked by some giant blue worm thing. It was captioned with a warning to be aware of his surroundings. He tapped it a few more times in frustration before completely turning off his phone and rebooting it. In the precious minutes it took to reboot and reopen, people started to congregate together into groups, leaving him and a few others alone. Once again, the game reached the loading screen and then refused to load any further.

Great. He barely new how to play this game, and now it wasn't working. He looked around, hoping to spot an employee of Nyan-tic, or whatever it was to see if they could help him. He couldn't see any in his immediate vicinity, but hopefully they were at least in the room. After five minutes of searching the room, he concluded that there were none. He chewed on his lip as he contemplated his options.

He couldn't load his game, so he needed someone who knew more about electronics or whatever that could help him. But he didn't want people to think he wasn't nerdy enough to know how to do that. Not seeming Nerdy enough was what got him in this mess in the first place after all. So he couldn't ask any of the people in groups for help, which left only the few loners.

Most of them looked, well, they looked like the people who bought the game to use for criminal purposes. He didn't want to end up owing a favor to someone like that, nor did he want to give them blackmail material. Which left only one option. There was a kid in a wheelchair with a huge smile on his face. He was spinning around one handed as if trying to look at everything at once. A quick glance told him that everyone else was using two hands to run their phones. Wheels was probably at a disadvantage if he had to use one hand to move the wheelchair. Maybe they could trade help?

His course decided, he made his way across the room to Wheels. The kid looked up once Ripple got close enough to maybe toss something to him. Ripple gave a quick little wave and tried to smile. "Hi Wheels, I'm Ripple." He immediately slapped both hands over his mouth as he realized what he had said. "Wait no I shouldn't have said that! That's really discriminatory or something to call you wheels isn't it! I'm sorry! I just wanted to ask for your help but I accidentally called you wheels because i don't know your name, and I should have thought of what to say before coming over here, and now I'm babbling and I should probably shut up." His cheeks were now at a steady burn, and were probably tomato red. He wanted to crawl in a hole and die. But if he did, his brother would be right.

Feel free to either accept my RP help @Metacognition, or rebuff me. I miss our Competition as M and Joseph. this time I won't betray you*! I promise.

*By Betray, I mean I will not attack you without a full turn's notice, will not lie to you about my intentions or actions, and will not go back on my word. This is all assuming you want to team up. If you don't, then None of those things count as Betrayal, and I will kill you whenever it is strategically sound to do so.

Edited by The Only Joe

Joe. And Meta, my playstyle shouldn't make me a threat at this early of a stage. I'm fully willing to team with anyone who would like to. I have no problem not voting for or attacking anyone so long as no one votes on or attacks me, so why wouldn't you target a more aggressive player? It seems like that would further your interests more. As for my being an eliminator, why on earth would I publicly ally with a teammate this early in the game? With the current lack of reasoning in votes, I could do whatever I wanted to help my hypothetical faction anyways with as little as "Why not?" for explanation. There is literally no reason I'd do that as an eliminator, only as a village who wants to live as long as possible.

@Eolhondras, would you care for a non aggression pact?

I think I only have one legitimate choice- there are several people that are tempting, but nobody can only exist where Somebody (SD) is not. 

I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know!

How dreary – to be – Somebody!
How public – like a Frog –  
To tell one’s name – the livelong June –  
To an admiring Bog

Emily Dickinson

EDIT- Formatting Error

I'm willing to team up with anyone! Go Team Scott! :D

I kinda would be okay with a Day 1 lynch on Alvron. Mostly I'm just hesitant because of our Ghostblood/eliminator ties. But he's killed me a couple times lately, so, eh, not particularly loyal to him at this point. :P Alvron

Whoops, forgot to read page 2 before I started this post. Ah well.

Let the battles begin!! Talk about a free-for-all! I just got caught up and mostly I'm just seeing a bunch of random votes :P 

I too am slightly paranoid about potential elims, I would not put it past our two GMs to troll us a little like that :ph34r::P I'm going to hold off on a vote for now.

1 hour ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I kinda would be okay with a Day 1 lynch on Alvron. Mostly I'm just hesitant because of our Ghostblood/eliminator ties. But he's killed me a couple times lately, so, eh, not particularly loyal to him at this point. :P Alvron

Normally I would be upset at such a betrayal but I have been a big part of your deaths in the last two games we've played together so it's kinda expected.:P  Still not sorry though.

54 minutes ago, jaimeleecee said:

Let the battles begin!! Talk about a free-for-all! I just got caught up and mostly I'm just seeing a bunch of random votes :P 

Random?  There are four votes on me, how's that random?:o  But that's fine.  I like a challenge.

2 hours ago, Metacognition said:

I sure hope not. The last time we had a FFA (The Hunger Games QF), some of us tried doing that and it was against the rules then and should be now. To me, that is similar to using PMs in a game where there isn't any PMs; you're specifically trying to bypass the rules to give yourself an advantage. Thus why it was outlawed then and that should still stand now. 

I share the same hopes. All I'm saying is, there were people who thought of it then, its possible people thought of it now. If, and its probably unlikely, it has happened, I don't want to wait around making friends when there's potential factions already in play.

2 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

@Eolhondras, would you care for a non aggression pact?

Absolutely!

@TheMightyLopen can I put you on a friendly list? Lopen