On 7/28/2016 at 11:48 AM, Master Elodin said:

It takes and it takes. But we keep lynching anyways.

We rise as they fall and they break and they make their mistakes anyway and if there's a reason I'm still alive when everyone who trusts me has died, I'm willing to wait for it.

(Sorry for the delay there - I wanted to wait to post that until AFTER LG23 finished)

Question for Stink - Which way do you read the chart? If my Charmander attacks someone else's Squirtle, is it Super Effective or Not Effective?

29 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Question for Stink - Which way do you read the chart? If my Charmander attacks someone else's Squirtle, is it Super Effective or Not Effective?

Stink's feeling lazy so he's making me answer. You read the chart from left to right. If a Charmander attacks a Squirtle, you'll deal no damage and receive the GM PM "Your attack was not effective."

11 minutes ago, zas678 said:

I'm in! I'll sign up as Nobody, since we seem to be tending to the general. 

Gotcha :] 

11 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Stink's feeling lazy so he's making me answer. You read the chart from left to right. If a Charmander attacks a Squirtle, you'll deal no damage and receive the GM PM "Your attack was not effective."

Thank you! So, attackers on the left, victims up top.

9 hours ago, Nyali said:

We rise as they fall and they break and they make their mistakes anyway and if there's a reason I'm still alive when everyone who trusts me has died, I'm willing to wait for it.

(Sorry for the delay there - I wanted to wait to post that until AFTER LG23 finished)

You've kept me from the Ruin where it happens for the last time.

2 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

Can I join as Ash, a 10 year old adamant that he was not named after “that childish TV show” (but we all know he was really.)

Also,  by Unknown Pokémon...

And that makes 24! All of the Unknown Pokemon have been unlocked (but that doesnt mean more people aren't welcome to join!)

...:ph34r:... (AKA PAFO) 

Sorry for the double post, but...

Important Game Information

• Hit Points (HP): Each Known Pokemon will begin the game with 5 HP. Unknown Pokemon may have the same, more or less HP. When a Pokemon's HP reaches 0, it is defeated and it's player will die.
  • Strength (STR): Each Known Pokemon will have 1 STR. Unknown Pokemon may have the same, more or less STRSTR determines the amount of damage a Pokemon deals. If a Pokemon's attack is Not Very Effective it will deal damage equal to the Pokemon's STR. If it is Super Effectice it will deal damage equal to the Pokemon's STR x5.
  • Power Points (PP): Each Known Pokemon will have 20 PP. Unknown Pokemon may have the same, more or less PP. Each time a Pokemon uses a move, it will use 1 point of PP. When a Pokemon's PP reaches 0, it will be unable to take any more actions.

This should help explain your GM PMs when they arrive.

At the beginning of the trial…

All of the volunteers had been placed into the arena, and the version of the game that they had been running had been added to all of their various devices. Unfortunately, they hadn’t been able to re-add the ‘three step’ features that was previously seen, but the mysterious man known as ‘Head’ was sure that the battle feature would attract all the old players that had quit over that complete mess.

Meanwhile, ‘Shoulders’ was still looking over the finer details of this test. He was responsible for making sure that the game wouldn’t break, and also had to make sure that none of the candidates would become too ill to stop playing, as after all, if people stopped playing then what was really the point of this experiment? Death? Shoulders would not settle for that. He was all about getting Death and a little extra.

No one else really cared about the other overseers. They all had small jobs like catering or making sure that none of the candidates tried to stop playing and escape. Nothing of importance, whatsoever. In fact, the third most important overseer was nicknamed ‘knees’ (after one of the company sports days) and was in charge of making sure that every moment in the test was recorded for reviewing after the test was done.

Finally, there was the last overseer. She didn’t really do much, and no-one even knew why she was really there. So she was called ‘toes’, for always being hidden away as no-one could see her doing anything. No work, and no slackin. Just toes.

So for those of you not paying attention, the main overseers in order of importance are the following.

• Head

• Shoulders

• Knees

• Toes

Anyway, the test was about to begin, and everyone was waiting with anticipation. If you want, you can imagine me describing all the various individuals in different states of anticipation, so have fun with that. Anyway, we’re going to focus on one individual. Knees. He was currently buckling underneath the pressure of his duty and dedication to his job, and unfortunately had the great timing of having a heart attack right before the test would actually start.

And so, you get me as the narrator of your wonderful experience in our test! We hope you enjoy the new battle feature of Pokemon GO, and know that whoever wins gets a free tour of Niantic Labs!

AN: Bit of an abrupt ending, but most of this write-up is just a ‘Heads,Shoulders, Knees and Toes’ joke.
So yeah, I guess I don’t really know what else to put in a writeup other than the game has started, and remember no PMs! Aman will probably tell me to edit something in soon anyway...

Edited by Alvron

Turn One will end in 24-hours. Please stand by for your GM PMs.

red_1470261600.png

Player List

1. Master Elodin as Bulbasaur
  2. Metacognition as TBD
  3. Conquestor as Lorien
  4. Ecthelion III as IDK
  5. RippleGylf as Myself
  6. The Only Joe as RippleGylf
  7. Eolhondras as Eol
  8. Alvron as Poke Ranger Joe
  9. Elenion as Nonel
  10. Elbereth as Elthena