Ooh, look. Aman RP'd for once.

None of the Survivors had seen ‘Head’ or ‘Shoulders’ for over a day, and yet despite the lack of their constant prodding, they never once considered quitting the game. Each was crazed with the fervent desire for victory, determined to walk away from this death trap of a reality augmentation facility with the greatest prize imaginable: the one and only Mewtwo in existence.

Unbeknownst to them, there was no Mewtwo. From the beginning Niantic, Inc. had lied to them about the intentions of their little game. After all, ‘Head’ wasn’t just the head of a software development company. He was the head of the Pacific American Cell of the Illuminati. In truth, Pokemon Go was no more than a tool for him and his fellow Overseers to shepherd humanity like animals and take absolute control of the world, and this beta test was truly just an experiment to see how much they could manipulate the average man with it.

Somewhere along the line, however, ‘Head’ had lost his head. Perhaps he never really was sane to begin with, but as his plans came closer to completion, his grip on reality slipped more and more. Worst, the cursed crazyman was taking all of ‘Shoulders’ credit! While ‘Head’ might have come up with the original concept, it was ‘Shoulders’ who did all the real work, and he was fed up with receiving none of the credit that he deserved. When the pressure got too much, instead of buckling like his predecessor, ‘Knees’, he snapped. It was time now for him to become the boss.

In a dark pit in the middle of the facility, ‘Shoulders’ shot up from a squat, swung an oversized mallet over his shoulder, and kept his arms rigid as he slammed it upon his target: a watermelon that laid next to ‘Head’s’ Head with HEAD written over it in black, permanent marker. The sudden thump and subsequent explosion of bloody pulp that covered ‘Head’s’ head caused him to flinch, though his restraints were far too tight to allow him much room for movement.

“Just give me the codes already!” ‘Shoulder’s’ demanded, hefting the mallet back over his shoulder so that it rested in the crook of his neck. Head attempted to shake his head, but when the bindings tugged on his hair, he just began to laugh maniacally instead.

Meanwhile, the Survivors had finally come to a decision. Between the reclusive Bard and the elusive Locke, the majority decided to team up and take on the latter for the second time in a row. They were amazed by his sudden flight the day before, when the Englishman escaped by flapping his arms wildly as if they were wings. Of course he couldn’t fly forever, and after a day spent watching him circle the sky, they finally caught him when he landed among the women’s quarters, where the man called RippleGylf now claimed as his domain. Dangling from a wall by a rope tied around one of his ankles, a youth cosplaying as Blanche walked up to him and slit his throat.

OrlokTsubodai was ganged up on! He had a Pidgeotto.

Turn Nine will end in less than 24 hours. Please stand by for your GM PMs.
red_1470963600.png

The Surviving

1. Ecthelion III as IDK
  2. The Only Joe as RippleGylf

3. TheYoungBard as The Bard

4. Bugsy6912 as Blanche

The Defeated

1.  Eolhondras as Eol - Bulbasaur

2. Elbereth as Elthena - Charmander

3. zas678 as Nobody - Squirtle

4. Straw as Straw - Bulbasaur

5. AliasSheep as Ash - Charmander

6. TheSilverDragon as Somebody - Bulbasaur

7. cloudjumper as Cole - Charmander
  8. Elenion as Nonel - Arbok

9. TheMightyLopen as Scott - Squirtle

10. Kipper as Kipper - Charmander

11. Sart as Footsteps - Squirtle

12. Nyali as Nya - Kadabra
  13. jaimeleecee as Jaime - Bulbasaur
  14. Metacognition as TBD - Fearow
  15. RippleGylf as Myself - Bulbasaur
  16. Conquestor as Lorien - Charmander
  17. Emerald101 as Red - Dragonair

18. Magestar as Tebeh Dee - Arbok

19. Master Elodin as Bulbasaur - Squirtle

20. Alvron as Poke Ranger Joe - Butterfree

21. OrlokTsubodai as Locke - Pidgeotto

Turn Eight Tally

(3) OrlokTsubodai: The Young Bard, The Only Joe, Bugsy6912,

(2) The Young Bard: Ecthelion III, OrlokTsubodai,

Edited by Alvron

19 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

Elodin is inactive, so I guess it's just me, you, and Bard, eh? One of you is a Kadabra. Bard, perchance?

I think you mean Bugsy, not Elodin. And @Bugsy6912 was on 3 hours ago.

And I've been confused twice now. Once before Nyali died, and once Turn 6. Actually, I was thinking it might be you, Ecth. Although I'll help you swing it to Joe if you want.

I personally am somewhat suspicious of Joe. He claims to have a basic Pokemon, yet also claims to have a plan that would allow him to win. Assuming Magestar was honest and the unknowns have higher hp than others, Joe with a starter would have little to no chance of winning even in a final 2 battle. So, basically, there are 3 possible scenarios:

1) Joe doesn't have a plan and is playing mind games

2) Joe has a plan but has not accounted for his claimed weakness

3) Joe has a plan and has a way to narrow the gap, so to speak

or

4) Joe has a special Pokemon, but is denying it to make himself a smaller target

Either 3 or 4 is dangerous to us, while 2 is the best case (but most unlikely) scenario. 1 is just somewhat annoying, and unlikely because claiming a plan raises your threat level, so he wouldn't do it for no reason

Oh, and if you were referring to me, Ecthelion, I'm not inactive, but I can only make it on occasionally thanks to XC conditioning

My quote 'plan' was to switch votes away from Orlok at the last minute, and make it a tie. Unfortunately, I couldn't get online on time. And I haven't lied once this game. I have a Squirtle. I have enough PP to continue attacking for the rest of the game, but my attacks are not very effective on all of you. I started with 5 HP, but now I only have 2.

So my plan now is this; Rely on my reputation of Honesty to get people to realize I'm telling the complete truth, and to realize that I am absolutely no threat to any of you. Whoever attacked me yesterday, did three damage to me, and they weren't very effective against me. Any of you could kill me with a single attack, and I can't kill any of you, except through the lynch. So, I'm not going to vote, except to save myself. everything I've said here is true, and yet no one will believe a word of it. sigh

For a Pokemon game, this sure got dark, quick.

‘Shoulders’ rolled his shoulders once, twice, then one time once more, struggling to relieve himself of the tension building up in his back. All throughout the day, he had tried a variety of torture techniques on his former boss, yet no matter what he did, the man refused to speak a word. Normally ‘Shoulders’ would be glad for the silence, but based on the video footage he was watching, their little “beta test” would soon be coming to a close, and once done, an after action report would need to be drafted and routed up through ‘Head’s’ chain of command.

It was frustrating, to say the least. For someone who loved the sound of his voice so much that he never stopped talking, ‘Head’ sure seemed determined to keep his mouth shut. Irritated to the point of insanity himself, ‘Shoulders’ dressed ‘Head’ up in an old, leather onesie and locked him in a closet filled to the brim with dirty laundry, the song “Friday” by Rebecca Black blasting on repeat through speakers hidden within the ceiling; visible, but just far enough that he could not reach them. If that didn’t break him, then it was likely nothing would, and ‘Shoulders’ was resolved to just kill the man.

Reclining in his couch, ‘Shoulders’ began flipping through the CCTV, curious to see what the last of the surviving players were up to. When he finally found them, they were sitting on the ground in a circle facing each other, passing around a revolver and taking turns putting it in their mouth and pulling the trigger. Blanche’s face leaked of sweat when he took the weapon from the crossdresser, RippleGylf, and eyed the barrel nervously. Slowly, he brought it towards his face, closer... closer... until he caught a sudden glint in the chamber and made a last minute snap decision to swing the pistol towards IDK and pull the trigger. Before anyone could react to stop him, the amnesiac was sprawled out lifelessly in a pool of his own blood.

Ecthelion III failed the coin toss! He had a Metapod.

Turn Ten will end in less than 24 hours. Please stand by for your GM PMs.
red_1471050000.png

The Surviving

1. The Only Joe as RippleGylf

2. TheYoungBard as The Bard

3. Bugsy6912 as Blanche

The Defeated

1.  Eolhondras as Eol - Bulbasaur

2. Elbereth as Elthena - Charmander

3. zas678 as Nobody - Squirtle

4. Straw as Straw - Bulbasaur

5. AliasSheep as Ash - Charmander

6. TheSilverDragon as Somebody - Bulbasaur

7. cloudjumper as Cole - Charmander
  8. Elenion as Nonel - Arbok

9. TheMightyLopen as Scott - Squirtle

10. Kipper as Kipper - Charmander

11. Sart as Footsteps - Squirtle

12. Nyali as Nya - Kadabra
  13. jaimeleecee as Jaime - Bulbasaur
  14. Metacognition as TBD - Fearow
  15. RippleGylf as Myself - Bulbasaur
  16. Conquestor as Lorien - Charmander
  17. Emerald101 as Red - Dragonair

18. Magestar as Tebeh Dee - Arbok

19. Master Elodin as Bulbasaur - Squirtle

20. Alvron as Poke Ranger Joe - Butterfree

21. OrlokTsubodai as Locke - Pidgeotto

22. Ecthelion III as IDK - Metapod

Turn Nine Tally

(2) Ecthelion III: The Young Bard, Bugsy6912,

(2) The Young Bard: Ecthelion III, The Only Joe,

Edited by Alvron

Well then, both of you attack, and vote for me. I won't attack either of you if that happens, and then you can let the coin decide tomorrow.

Either way, unless one of you attacks the other today, Chance decides.

Also,

4 minutes ago, The Young Bard said:

Yes, it is easy to get caught, but it will be too late by then.

Wrong. It is never too late to get caught. The more you get caught lying, the less people trust you. If you want people to trust you, the only way to do it, is to not lie. Period. Winning a single game through lies is not worth losing the next dozen because everyone assumes I'm lying. I'd rather be trusted, than win a single game.

I play the Meta-game, not the individual games.

Edited by The Only Joe
Combining two posts.

By that logic, you would have to claim eliminator every time you were one, just so you could establish a reputation for revealing so you could use it at some point in the future. You would, essentially, lose 5 or 6 games for every 1 you win. What makes that 1 game more important than the others, anyway?

And to say that you don't lie is ridiculous. I was there in Shard Zero when you claimed Neutral to Rae in order to get her to claim. I was there in QF16 when you manipulated the village trying to get them to lynch each other, using whatever lies and false analysis you could think of. And, if I were to ask El or Wilson, they could give me a dozen more examples. To say you never lie is a lie in itself.

It's too easy to skate by and use your reputation as a get out of jail free card. I'm not going to fall for it. I'm not sure whether you think it's because Bugsy and I are newer players that you think you can pull the wool over our eyes, but it's not going to work. Not this time.