I understand what you are saying, but I am slightly confused as to why.  I looked through the rules again, and do not see that being stated anywhere.   This could be just me being an ineffective searcher, but I don't know.

@Amanuensis/@STINK, are the known pokemons all single, not dual type?

STINK, I see you watching.  Can you answer this?

Edited by Magestar

1 hour ago, Nyali said:

I'm going with Magestar for reasons stated yesterday. Team Dinosaur, you don't have to follow suit. Follow your own path. I don't think I'll be around much longer to guide you in any case. Someone out there really doesn't like dinosaurs. :(

So sad. We shall win still.

Hi everyone! I can confirm that poison deals 1 damage each night, although I have no idea as to the expiration. My biggest wonder right now is if double copies of the same hidden Pokemon exist. I'm also curious as to wether or not there are Pokemon that know who attacked them. Oh, and I'd still like to know how Meta(?) knew Orlok(?) had fly. (Sorry if I messed up the playernames, I'm exhausted right now)

I was attacked twice last night, and my Pokemon was Confused by one of them (Confusion seems to do 2 damage in addition to the attack itself... Is this consistent with what happened to you, Lopen?)

Seeing as only an unknown Pokemon could have done that, and there's one player who we know has an unknown Pokemon but hasn't elaborated on what it does - Magestar. Magestar, now would be a good time to post what your Pokemon does.

14 minutes ago, The Young Bard said:

I was attacked twice last night, and my Pokemon was Confused by one of them (Confusion seems to do 2 damage in addition to the attack itself... Is this consistent with what happened to you, Lopen?)

Seeing as only an unknown Pokemon could have done that, and there's one player who we know has an unknown Pokemon but hasn't elaborated on what it does - Magestar. Magestar, now would be a good time to post what your Pokemon does.

Well, I'm assuming I was only attacked once when it happened, because I got Confused and then took 1 damage. It sounds like you just took 1 damage from both attacks and one of them Confused your Pokemon.

I suggest sending in the order to Train your Pokemon. It gave me some great results. :D (Just kidding, the Confusion basically forces you to attack or something, so that order doesn't do anything. You can try it if you want to though. :P)

I'm curious why they'd attack me and then you. There appears to be a pattern emerging where those who have names that start with "The" and have 3 words in them are being attacked one by one and Confused. The mystery deepens. Could it be that Magestar is the culprit?! Wait and find out tomorrow when he's around I guess. :P

Well, I'm back.  And neither Stink nor Aman answered my question.  I will not be surprised if I die today, and I blame it on pokemon.  This game is just to darn hard to understand. *Throws down Pokemon handbook*  I think I'll tell you my role, because no one seems to want to stop voting for me, and I don't really see a reason not to at this point.  I'm also an Arbok, and I said I would be not very effective against most people here because I assumed that Bulbasaur was a Poison/Grass type, instead of just grass, because it was Poison/Grass in gen 1.  So, I assumed/deduced that a poison pokemon would not be super effective against another poisonish pokemon, and thus made a blanket statement which had the added benifit of trying to throw suspicion off of me.  You could lynch me if you want, if you feel like it is the best option.  I just think it isn't.  No surprise there, I guess.  But I feel like we could come up with a better person to lynch if we actually had some discussion.

Edited by Magestar

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

@The Young Bard, I did not attack you last night, and I do not have a confusion pokemon.  My Pokemon is not really unknown now, either, so it begs the question, why am I still being lynched?

Oh, wait, I missed that Magestar claimed to have only 1HP left last night. Did anyone attack Magestar last night? If so, Magestar was lying and I do want to lynch them. Otherwise, there's no point. We should focus on people who have tons of HP left and who will be hard to kill at night. Alvron will be invincible again tonight, so there's no point in hitting him, even though he likely has full HP because of his invincibility ability.

I say we go for the quiet/inactive folks. They probably have the most HP as no attention has really been drawn to them. Sart.

By the way, I was poisoned last night. There's no real point in voting for me - I'm going to die anyway in a turn or two. You might as well lynch someone with a lot more HP.

3 hours ago, Conquestor said:

Hey Nyali, what was the chances that people were going to die in a cycle again? On another note, why did so many people die this round?!:o

People didn't die in a cycle. The Squirtles clearly won the day. And again, the probability is still pretty high of that much death happening. And there will be even more tonight as some people reach 5 "not very effective" hits and die despite not being hit super effectively. Between tonight and tomorrow night, I expect everyone who is active to be dead. We should be killing the inactives with the lynch.

EDIT: List of inactive (or mostly inactive) players:

• Sart
  • Emerald101
  • Jaime
  • Rippleglyf

Please let me know if I'm missing anyone or if any of those people were active every cycle and I just didn't see/remember it.

Edited by Nyali

Yup mostly innactive, sorry, I even forgot to put in an action yesterday so it was a completely useless cycle for me. I was busy with my family! 

Anyway, so we know that Arbok is our poisoner and I would also agree that if we have a confusion Pokemon it's probably psychic.  I need to go back and review thread to understand why everyone is ganging up on Mage before I cast a vote. I am still with family, so I will be off an on today, but I will have much more access to the shard than yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Nyali said:

Oh, wait, I missed that Magestar claimed to have only 1HP left last night. Did anyone attack Magestar last night? If so, Magestar was lying and I do want to lynch them. Otherwise, there's no point. We should focus on people who have tons of HP left and who will be hard to kill at night. Alvron will be invincible again tonight, so there's no point in hitting him, even though he likely has full HP because of his invincibility ability.

:P I think you entirely misread what I said.  I said I took 1 HP, not that I had 1 HP.  For some reason I cannot quote it, but it's on page ten of the QF17 thing.

No one attacked me last night, which I will admit is nice.  I am not going to tell anyone my HP without good reason, because, honestly, would any of you do that either?

1 hour ago, Nyali said:

By the way, I was poisoned last night. There's no real point in voting for me - I'm going to die anyway in a turn or two. You might as well lynch someone with a lot more HP.

Poison only does 1 HP per night.  And sorry, that was me.  I was, I will admit, a little frustrated with team Dinosaur, and was trying to kill a voting block.  I am poisoner, but it really does not do that much, IMO.  I will be happy to work with whoever wants to survive in exchange for help deflecting votes, and will attack whoever the majority (Was gonna say village, but...) wants, because I have no real reason to attack anyone else.  Magestar: Merc with a Mouth.  :P

I'll change my vote to Sart to help you guys with inactives, like Nyali said, plus, I do not think Nyali is a threat right now.  

@jaimeleecee, they were ganging up on me because they thought I had some vague dangerous Pokemon, and people fear what they do not understand.  :P :ph34r:

Edited by Magestar

20 minutes ago, Magestar said:

Poison only does 1 HP per night.  And sorry, that was me.  I was, I will admit, a little frustrated with team Dinosaur, and was trying to kill a voting block.  I am poisoner, but it really does not do that much, IMO.  I will be happy to work with whoever wants to survive in exchange for help deflecting votes, and will attack whoever the majority (Was gonna say village, but...) wants, because I have no real reason to attack anyone else.  Magestar: Merc with a Mouth.  :P

Team Dinosaur was supposed to be a non-aggression bloc, not a voting bloc =\ Voting blocs get killed super fast, generally. Semi-thankfully, I didn't get hit by anything super effective, but not thankfully, I'm practically dead and poisoned. You weren't the only person to attack me.

3 hours ago, Nyali said:

Team Dinosaur was supposed to be a non-aggression bloc, not a voting bloc =\ Voting blocs get killed super fast, generally. Semi-thankfully, I didn't get hit by anything super effective, but not thankfully, I'm practically dead and poisoned. You weren't the only person to attack me.

That's what I had assumed, but then SD voted and I wasn't so sure.

3 hours ago, Nyali said:

Oh.  Well, that's unfortunate.  Is there anyone people think I should attack tonight?  I really have nothing else to do.

Also, I believe that if no one else votes, which will be kind of sad considering how many people we have, there will be two lynches.  One will be me.  So, if there is anyone else that would kindly vote for Sart, or find someone we should all vote on, that would be nice.

Edited by Magestar

4 hours ago, Magestar said:

I'll change my vote to Sart to help you guys with inactives, like Nyali said, plus, I do not think Nyali is a threat right now.  

@jaimeleecee, they were ganging up on me because they thought I had some vague dangerous Pokemon, and people fear what they do not understand.  :P :ph34r:

Yes, I see that. I will not be voting for you in that case. If picking off inactives is the goal for right now then that's good enough for me. Sart

17 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

So it turns out that Magestar isn't the Poke Trainer I'm looking for. Hm.

I'm good with using the lynch on inactives. Sart. This way, someone that's been active during the game will be the victor.

I agree with Lopen and Magestar that inactives and Alvron are a threat, but what if alvron didn't activate his power this turn because he knew that we would assume that he activated his ability?:ph34r: I suggest we tie the lynch with sart and Alvron, that way we lynch someone we know will die and we get a chance to kill someone super dangerous.

1 minute ago, Conquestor said:

I agree with Lopen and Magestar that inactives and Alvron are a threat, but what if alvron didn't activate his power this turn because he knew that we would assume that he activated his ability?:ph34r: I suggest we tie the lynch with sart and Alvron, that way we lynch someone we know will die and we get a chance to kill someone super dangerous.

Shhh, don't think like that.  You make it harder for me to survive until the active players are dead.

If you're looking for the person with the highest amount of remaining hit points, I'd venture to say Magestar the Arbok. Why? Let's look at the hitpoints of some Pokemon from the handy dandy First Generation Pokedex.

Charmander: 39 HP; Bulbasaur: 45 HP; Squirtle: 44 HP. That's a mean of about 43 for our starter Pokemon.

Diglett, which Alvron claimed to have as one of the secret Pokemon, has 10 HP. Ten!

I'm thinking the bird Pokemon we have is a Pidgey or Spearow, which both have 40 HP.

Now, Arbok on the other hand: 60 HP! That's about 40% more than the mean of starter Pokemon HP. We can expect Arbok to have at least 7 hit points, and I don't recall Magestar ever claiming to have been attacked.

Poison is resistant to Grass and takes no extra damage from Water and Fire, so I would strongly suggest we lynch Magestar.

Scott was getting a bit tired of the death. Death death death death death death death death death death death. That was all that was happening. He was absolutely fed up of it. The most annoying thing was death. Pain in the butt, it was. In fact, he was so annoyed that he was thinking of trying to convince the others that maybe they should leave and not kill each other!

‘Head’ looked at the death report again. It said that Scott had been stabbed multiple times in the butt. Shame that, he looked promising.

Kipper never really said much. Every time he tried to say something, his mouth moved but no sound came out, until a random time later when suddenly what he tried to say would be heard. Sometimes he waited an hour, and sometimes he waited 12 hours. It was getting pretty annoying. So he tried to die to bubbles, or to digging a hole, but that never worked. So he drank loads and loads and loads and loads of water. Surprisingly, he didn’t die.

Then he got stabbed.

Footsteps was a very smart guy. He knew his times tables. He knew that if you died, then you were not alive. Simple stuff, but important stuff. He also knew that the people trying to kill him right now were probably going to succeed. So he gave up. It was simple. It was smart.

TheMightyLopen has blacked out! He had a Squirtle.
Kipper has blacked out! He had a Charmander.
Sart has blacked out! He had a Squirtle.

AN: Everyone get's a pie! You can use your pie to do anything you want with it, so PM the GMs about your pie if you want.

Edited by Alvron