Elend vs koloss

hoidhunter

Alright guys, I've been absent from the shard for a long time, so maybe this has been pointed out before and I missed it...but...

I'm rereading mistborn (again...of course) and I noticed something I didn't before (again).When Elend goes to the koloss camp and randomly decides to pick a fight with one...he gets a little inspiration from out of nowhere "Only one way to win a knife fight against a guy with a sword...  The thought, oddly, hadn't come from one of his trainers, or from Vin.  He wasn't sure where it came from, but he trusted it.  Close in tight, as fast as possible, and kill quickly."

It never jumped out at me before, and maybe this comes up in secret history and I forgot, but could this be Kel or Leras giving a little timely advice to Elend in a time of need?

My first thought was Leras, after all, even his divine avatar carries around a shank.  But unless I'm mistaken, that's not how preservation works.  Then I remembered that Kel gets in a few words from beyond the grave, but I don't remember this happening in secret history...also...if my memory of the time line is right, Kel was all bound up at the well during these events.

So...did I make a good find...or am I just making stuff up?

Thoughts?

Edited by hoidhunter

• Chaos locked this topic