D&D- Desolations and Dustbringers

Assassin in Burgundy

This table is for my own reference, but I'm posting it just in case someone else might find it useful.

Name ... Diamond Chip Equivalent (DCE)

Diamond Chip ... 1

Diamond Mark ... 10

Diamond Broam ... 100

Ruby Chip ... 1,000 (1 thousand)

Ruby Mark ... 10,000

Ruby Broam ... 100,000

Sapphire Chip ... 1,000,000 (1 million)

Sapphire Mark ... 10,000,000

Sapphire Broam ... 100,000,000

Emerald Chip ... 1,000,000,000 (1 billion)

Emerald Mark ... 10,000,000,000

Emerald Broam ... 100,000,000,000

(and to think that the two-handed sword costs an entire emerald broam! #kingsransom)

Ok, here's the armor. It's fairly small compared to the other things.

Spoiler

Armor

This is for armor. Armor will lower your AC making you harder to hit, (Lower AC=better). It won’t have any special abilities or anything. Each piece of armor will have a set AC class, and using a shield will lower it by one. Shields will be explained in detail later. For now, I’ll focus on the armor. It has the name, price and AC class.

Leather armor: 5 rm. AC 8.

Studded leather: 15 rm. AC 7.

Scale mail: 45 rm. AC 6.

Chain mail: 75 rm. AC 5.

Splinted mail: 80 rm. AC 4.

Banded mail: 10 rb. AC 3.

Plate armor: 5 eb. AC -2.

Shields are a little different. They subtract one from your armor class, meaning if you had scale mail and a shield, you would have AC 5 as opposed to AC 6. However, if there are too many enemies, the shield is rendered useless. The number of enemies it can defend against is listed after the price.

Small shield: 5 rm. One attacker.

Medium shield: 10 rm. Two attackers.

Large shield: 15 rm. Three attackers.

Spiked Buckler. 10 rm. One attacker. Can be used as a weapon. Follow throwing knife AC adjustment and damage.

Sorry for taking so long, but here's the general equipment.

Spoiler

General Equipment

Just general equipment you may need across the campaign. It’ll just list the price and sometimes what it does, but healing and food items will have a few exceptions. Money is the same as it’s always been. Just doing this in two columns because they probably won’t take up the entire page.

Misc. Equipment:

Backpack: 2 rm.

Lantern: 5 rm.

Oil: 1 rm. Will light lantern for 10 turns.

Large Pouch: 1 rm.

Arrow Quiver: 3 rm. Holds 20 arrows.

Bolt Quiver: 5 rm. Holds 20 bolts.

Rope, 50 ft: 5 rc.

Water Skin/bottle: 7 rc. Holds 4 pints of water.

Water purifier tablet: 1 rm. Purifies one bottle (Four pints) of water.

Lockpicks: 20 rm. See lockpick skill for more info. (To be released.)

Flint and Steel: 1 rm. Fire!

Torch: 3 rc. Will last for five rounds before extinguishing.

Bedroll and Blankets: 3 rm. When you sleep, you heal 10 HP if you use this. Note: One person doesn’t need one because one person should be keeping watch.

Healing Items:

Will have the number of HP healed after the cost, if it’s immediate, after battle, after sleep, and if you can use multiple at a time. (Cumulative.) To use something after you’ve met the limit, you must be healed entirely before you can again.

Bandage: 7 rc. Heals 10 HP extra if you use bedroll. Cumulative.

Dazewater Bandage: 1 rm. Heals 15 HP extra if you use bedroll. Cumulative.

Larmic Mucus: 7 rc. Heals 5 HP after battle. Non-Cumulative.

Knobweed Sap: 1 rm. Heals 10 HP after battle. Cumulative x2. (Usable twice.)

Lister’s Oil: 5 rm. Heals 15 HP immediately. Non-cumulative.

Chouta: 7 rm. Heals 20 HP and restores 20 SQ, (Stormlight Quotient,) immediately. Non-cumulative. The food of the gods.

Food:

I'm not going to give you penalties for hunger, since it’s a real pain, but at least eat a little bit and stock up.

Lavis Beer, Pint: 2 rc.

1 day Rations: 3 rc.

1 week Rations: 1 rm.

Orange Wine, Pint: 1 rm.

Blue Wine, Pint: 3 rm.

Water: Free at body of water.

@Conquestor, @Master Elodin, @AliasSheep, @Elenion, and @Ecthelion III, you all have 200 RM each. To buy equipment, please open a PM with me for your complete list of schwag. Confer with each other in a PM or something, and remember to save some spheres for Stormlight replenishing. GO!

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

Three years ago...

Norshon crouched on top of the rocky hilltop, keeping low so that he was not silhouetted against the moonlit night. He studied the stone castle that loomed before him, and scribbled down its contours into the piece of parchment illuminated by Bargo's light.

"Are you sure that we have to do it this way? I think it would be better to just go for it."

"You think wrong."

Norshon huffed in exasperation, "You don't understand what's at stake here. If I don't do this tonight, the wedding will happen. There is no room for error or inaction!"

"No room for error? That is exactly why we must plan."

Norshon approached the outer wall like a ghost, guiding his footsteps by Bargo's flickering light. From the wall-top, where the guards paced, he would have appeared as nothing more than a shadow in a sea of darkness.

Bargo spoke, keeping his voice quiet even though the guards could not hear him, "The culvert is only a few feet ahead. Don't---"

Norshon fell into the stream with a splash. He furtively looked up the wall, but heard no stir from above.

"You're supposed to listen, you rock-headed chull." Bargo said still with no emotion, "Now blow down the grate and get us in."

"Shouldn't a metal grate be immune to fire?"

"Not this type. But keep it low-key. We don't need any attention."

Norshon shifted the coil of rope on his back to the side and reached into the chull-hide pouch, withdrawing a ruby mark. The blood-red light lit up Norshon's face as he grinned, inhaled, and burned. The grate glowed red-hot and splintered, burning slivers of metal falling to the ground before fading to black as the Stormlight's heat ended. Plunging inside the tunnel on his knees and a few feet later his stomach. The tunnel rose steadily upwards for what felt like miles but was in fact only thirty feet or so. Norshon emerged inside a short, stout stone room. Standing up, he found that he had emerged from the waste tunnel in a bathing chamber.

"Urrgh... couldn't you have picked a more sanitary place to enter?"

"This place is unsanitary? That's exactly why it is a good place to enter. I could have picked a toilet room, after all."

This gave Norshon no solace, but he moved, driven by his urgent need to stop the wedding the only way he knew how.

--To be Continued--

Hail and well met!

Looks like I'll be joining on this grand adventure, huzzah! It's a pleasure to work with you all. I'm working on the backstory for my rogueish character Camorr... 

Should I make the full sheet here or create it elsewhere and just provide you all the link? And which specific system of d20 are we playing under? I got the distinct impression some of y'all are more familiar with 4e or 5e than I am with 3.5, but that's okay, I pick things up quickly. 

13 minutes ago, Quadrophenia said:

So should I wait for AiB in creating the character?

Not at all. Feel free to make your backstory here, but tell me what you're going to buy in a PM. (Not the one that everyone's in.) Also, I assume you know everything you can buy, and that you start with 200 RM. 

Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Not at all. Feel free to make your backstory here, but tell me what you're going to buy in a PM. (Not the one that everyone's in.) Also, I assume you know everything you can buy, and that you start with 200 RM. 

But how will I know my AC, physical stats and such?

AC comes from your armor. 

On August 31, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok, here's the armor. It's fairly small compared to the other things.

Reveal hidden contents

Armor

This is for armor. Armor will lower your AC making you harder to hit, (Lower AC=better). It won’t have any special abilities or anything. Each piece of armor will have a set AC class, and using a shield will lower it by one. Shields will be explained in detail later. For now, I’ll focus on the armor. It has the name, price and AC class.

Leather armor: 5 rm. AC 8.

Studded leather: 15 rm. AC 7.

Scale mail: 45 rm. AC 6.

Chain mail: 75 rm. AC 5.

Splinted mail: 80 rm. AC 4.

Banded mail: 10 rb. AC 3.

Plate armor: 5 eb. AC -2.

Shields are a little different. They subtract one from your armor class, meaning if you had scale mail and a shield, you would have AC 5 as opposed to AC 6. However, if there are too many enemies, the shield is rendered useless. The number of enemies it can defend against is listed after the price.

Small shield: 5 rm. One attacker.

Medium shield: 10 rm. Two attackers.

Large shield: 15 rm. Three attackers.

Spiked Buckler. 10 rm. One attacker. Can be used as a weapon. Follow throwing knife AC adjustment and damage.

There's that. I'm debating about physical stats. If I do them, I'm thinking I'll do just strength, dexterity, and wisdom. 

EDIT: Actually, I changed my mind. There's this RP called "Bushido" that woul actually make this a lot simpler. Basically you get 60 points that you can assign to different skills. That number may change. Then you assign a certain amount of points to skills, like you could have 30 on sneaking and 30 on stabbing. Then you would have a 30% chance of sneaking past someone. On second thought, you would definitely have more than 60 points. And then probably physical attributes could be part of that. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy
Added stuff

Also, character pitch...

Camorr is, on the surface, an utter scoundrel: he cheats at cards, steals from just about everyone, he's brash and reckless and cocky, and he's more or less convinced of his intangibility. After all, as an Elsecaller, he can just vanish one moment and appear somewhere else, consequences for theft be damned. But as Elsecallers were reputed for their prodigious benevolence, beneath it all... he's really more of an Aladdin-esque thief; a rogue with a hidden heart of gold. What he steals, he shares with the less fortunate. He can relate, after all, for he's a darkeyes. 

As a youth, he and a dear friend were caught for stealing a loaf of bread by the authorities. They were forced into prison... for a few torturous, hellish, years. 

Sadly, that dear friend died in prison. 

Sunk to rock bottom... that's when he awakened his Surgebinding powers. In his moment of grief, he suddenly found himself... outside. He tasted freedom. But without his friend, it was a sour taste. In the fear and confusion, he teleported _back_ into prison... to get his friend's rotting corpse and bring it back aside. He deserved better than to rot in a cell. 

Our Jean Valjean here could never go home again, in the village where they grew up. The shame compels him away... but whatever he steals, he sends back most of the profits to his friend's family. He always keeps tabs, even years later. 

Nowadays, he uses his powers to get back... albeit, non-violently, most of the time... at the authorities that gave him hell. So, he uses his abilities to spy, steal and overall live the life of a king no darkeyes had ever truly experienced before. It's a bit of a charade, mind; poor guy's still processing his grief. While he's charming and affable, he doesn't keep close friends. He's afraid of losing anyone ever again, having to deal with another familiar face rotting and melting before his eyes... 

The closest thing to a friend he has is his spren. Camorr is unsure whether it's the real McCoy or just a figment of his traumatized imagination; either way, he calls it Fig, for Figment. Figment is his Jiminy Cricket, or tries to be; poking his conscience, persuading him not to-say-steal that nice watchman's coinpurse so he can go back to the bar for a night of booze and women-

"And if you must, give the money to that blind one-legged beggar. He needs it more than he does, I would think."

"Heh, I like the way you think, Fig."

2 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Who's Jean Valjean?

Ever heard of a little thing called Les Miserables?

Although, if I were to be honest, the biggest influence?

Locke Lamora, protagonist of Scott Lynch's awesomely named Gentleman Bastard Sequence. It's a series of low-fantasy novels set in Ersatz!Renaissance Italy, and they're awesome. It's like Ocean's Eleven, but in a world of mage-like mafioso and Venitian waterways.