D&D- Desolations and Dustbringers

Assassin in Burgundy

OK, good news. I just finished the melee weapons list, complete with damage, to hit modifiers, et cetera. I should be releasing that list along with some ranged weapons and general equipment later this week, if everything goes well. After that, I'll start working on maps and encounters along the campaign.

Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

OK, good news. I just finished the melee weapons list, complete with damage, to hit modifiers, et cetera. I should be releasing that list along with some ranged weapons and general equipment later this week, if everything goes well. After that, I'll start working on maps and encounters along the campaign.

Nicce.

Also, question, how would, like, skill based things be handled.  Say lockpicking or negotiating?

Okay, screw it. I'm posting the melee weapons list. Putting it in a spoiler because it gets weird when you copy and paste a word document.

Spoiler

Equipment List

Money conversions: 10 diamond chips= 1 diamond mark. 10 diamond marks= 1 diamond broam. 10 diamond broams= 1 garnet chip. 10 garnet chips= 1 garnet mark and so on. I’m going to use diamond, garnet, sapphire, and emerald spheres, in that order. Most purchases will be in ruby marks, or rm.

Weapons

How this’ll work is fairly simple. First I’ll list the prices, damage of each weapon against size, and if it’s one or two-handed, the possible bonus, and the special if it has one. Then I’ll move into the Armor Class adjustments. Note: You can wield a one-handed weapon with two hands and sometimes get damage bonuses, but you are NOT allowed to wield a two-handed weapon with one hand. Here’s an example below.

Long sword: 15 rm. Dmg: 1-8 against small and med, 1-12 against large. One handed. Bonus for two handed: +2 dmg. Special: None.

Here is where it will get a bit complicated. Every thing, including you, will have an armor class. Depending on what weapon you’re using and the armor you’re attempting to bash in, it will be harder or easier to hit your enemy. Still using the long sword as an example, here it is.

Long sword AC (armor class) adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+0

+0

+1

+2

So say you’re using a Long sword to hit something with AC 3. You roll a 15, but because it’s AC 3, you get -1, so really you get a 14, if that makes sense.

Hokay, think I covered the melee weapons. I’ll get to ranged later.

Weapons List

Long sword: 15 rm. Dmg: 1-8 against small and med, 1-12 against large. One handed. Bonus for two handed: +1 to hit. Special: None.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+0

+0

+1

+2

Two handed sword: 1 eb. Dmg: 1-10 against small and med, 3-18 against large. Two handed. Special: Does it need any? Whatever. After successfully hitting something three times, its armor class is lowered by one. This IS cumulative.

Two handed sword AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+1

+1

+1

+1

+2

+2

+2

+1

+0

(No typos were made in the making of that weapon)

Battle axe: 7 rm. Dmg: 1-8 against all. One handed. Bonus for two handed: +1 to hit, +2 for dmg. Special: Breaks shield after two blocks.

Battle axe AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+1

+2

+2

Spear: 1 rm. Dmg: 1-6 against small and med, 1-8 against large. Bonus for two handed: Allowed to use special. Special: Can attack twice a turn, but gets -2 to hit. Must be using two handed.

Spear AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+0

+1

Morningstar/flail:

This is a special weapon. To hit something, I roll three times for each one of its spike balls, and so, some can miss, some can hit. Keep this in mind.

Morningstar/flail: 1 em. Dmg: 1-6/1-6/1-6 against small and med, 1-4/1-4/1-4 against large. Special: Roll three times to determine a hit.

Morningstar/flail AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+2

+2

Well, that’s it for the melee weapons. More stuff will come, but first I need to take a nap.

So... yeah. Here you are. Feel free to ask questions

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy
Added offerings of questions

1 hour ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Okay, screw it. I'm posting the melee weapons list. Putting it in a spoiler because it gets weird when you copy and paste a word document.

Hide contents

Equipment List

Money conversions: 10 diamond chips= 1 diamond mark. 10 diamond marks= 1 diamond broam. 10 diamond broams= 1 garnet chip. 10 garnet chips= 1 garnet mark and so on. I’m going to use diamond, garnet, sapphire, and emerald spheres, in that order. Most purchases will be in ruby marks, or rm.

Weapons

How this’ll work is fairly simple. First I’ll list the prices, damage of each weapon against size, and if it’s one or two-handed, the possible bonus, and the special if it has one. Then I’ll move into the Armor Class adjustments. Note: You can wield a one-handed weapon with two hands and sometimes get damage bonuses, but you are NOT allowed to wield a two-handed weapon with one hand. Here’s an example below.

Long sword: 15 rm. Dmg: 1-8 against small and med, 1-12 against large. One handed. Bonus for two handed: +2 dmg. Special: None.

Here is where it will get a bit complicated. Every thing, including you, will have an armor class. Depending on what weapon you’re using and the armor you’re attempting to bash in, it will be harder or easier to hit your enemy. Still using the long sword as an example, here it is.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+0

+0

+1

+2

So say you’re using a Long sword to hit something with AC 3. You roll a 15, but because it’s AC 3, you get -1, so really you get a 14, if that makes sense.

Hokay, think I covered the melee weapons. I’ll get to ranged later.

Weapons List

Long sword: 15 rm. Dmg: 1-8 against small and med, 1-12 against large. One handed. Bonus for two handed: +1 to hit. Special: None.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+0

+0

+1

+2

Two handed sword: 1 eb. Dmg: 1-10 against small and med, 3-18 against large. Two handed. Special: Does it need any? Whatever. After successfully hitting something three times, its armor class is lowered by one. This IS cumulative.

Two handed sword AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+1

+1

+1

+1

+2

+2

+2

+1

+0

(No typos were made in the making of that weapon)

Battle axe: 7 rm. Dmg: 1-8 against all. One handed. Bonus for two handed: +1 to hit, +2 for dmg. Special: Breaks shield after two blocks.

Battle axe AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+1

+2

+2

Spear: 1 rm. Dmg: 1-6 against small and med, 1-8 against large. Bonus for two handed: Allowed to use special. Special: Can attack twice a turn, but gets -2 to hit. Must be using two handed.

Spear AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+0

+1

Morningstar/flail:

This is a special weapon. To hit something, I roll three times for each one of its spike balls, and so, some can miss, some can hit. Keep this in mind.

Morningstar/flail: 1 em. Dmg: 1-6/1-6/1-6 against small and med, 1-4/1-4/1-4 against large. Special: Roll three times to determine a hit.

Morningstar/flail AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+2

+2

Well, that’s it for the melee weapons. More stuff will come, but first I need to take a nap.

So... yeah. Here you are. Feel free to ask questions

Can spears be thrown?

Just now, Elenion said:

@Assassin in Burgundy Can you clarify the attack dice mechanics? I'm coming from Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, which has its own dice system which appears nothing like this game's.

It looks a lot like D&D 3rd edition to me, so I assume the basics is rolling a d20 for actions, applying modifiers and then seeing whether it's above/below a given target.  So the AC is a modifier for an attack role.

54 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

It looks a lot like D&D 3rd edition to me, so I assume the basics is rolling a d20 for actions, applying modifiers and then seeing whether it's above/below a given target.  So the AC is a modifier for an attack role.

What's the damage dealt? The weapon table only lists one threshold, so is that hit chance, damage, or both?

Just now, Elenion said:

What's the damage dealt? The weapon table only lists one threshold, so is that hit chance, damage, or both?

At least as far as 3rd ed goes, the threshold is determined by the thing you're hitting.  The damage I imagine will be the result of a dice roll of the range of the numbers listed in the table, adjusted for modifiers.

Just now, AliasSheep said:

At least as far as 3rd ed goes, the threshold is determined by the thing you're hitting.  The damage I imagine will be the result of a dice roll of the range of the numbers listed in the table, adjusted for modifiers.

So a D20 is rolled to determine whether the attack hits, based on narrative difficulty. If it does, then damage is rolled (or RNG'd) based on the possible damage outcomes listed, plus modifiers. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

@Elenion, @AliasSheep, you're right. @Conquestor, I'm not sure when I'll start, but I'm not releasing money until I complete all tables for buying things, which currently looks like melee weapons, (done), ranged weapons, armor, and general supplies.

Ok, hope it starts soon! This will be a lot of fun.

Right, here's a first look at my character:

The book sat on the table in front of Shalel.  It was one of the highest quality in her collection, bound, gilded, with high quality paper and written in a style that flowed, one unlike her own now.  It was also one of her least favourites.  She lifted a hand and brushed away the dust that had gathered on the top, revealing a blank, dark red cover beneath.  More dust spilled out as she opened it up, turning to the first page, forcing her to cover her mouth and waft the air in front of her.  The page was covered in symbols, moving from letter to glyph in a way unlike most writing she had seen.  A conversation was described, one between a woman and a surgeon, the woman’s speech in a similar deep red to that of the cover and his in a light blue.  This one page had cost a firemark at least, likely more.

“You’ll likely have to stay in for another few weeks now.

Shalel?  Shalel?”

“Yes.”  One glyph, smaller than the rest.

“You understand that you’ll be seen by people each day to make sure that your wounds don’t get any worse?

And of course, to test how your… thoughts… are doing.”

“Yes.”

“Cuts all across the body, major concussion.  Strange what that can do to someone.”  He had muttered this to himself.  That was written next to the speech.

“Yes.”

You'll find out more about her as we go on, methinks. @Assassin in Burgundy If you want a copy of my character notes for story/campaign reasons, just ask and I'll PM you the link.

Edited by AliasSheep

Heeeeeeeeres Ranged weapons! Spoiled for size. Still not sure why it turns out so weird.

Spoiler

Ranged Weapons

This’ll work the same way it did in the melee weapons chart. Money and an explanation of this system are also found there.

The first addition is that there is no bonus for using two-handed; if it is listed as one or two handed, you MUST use in the way specified. It doesn’t work if you’re dual-wielding bows. It just doesn’t.

Secondly, there is range. This basically means how far something can shoot or be thrown accurately, and how far it can be shot or be thrown with penalties to hit and damage. I’ll explain more later.

Lastly, there’s the chance of ammo breaking or not being able to be recovered. For things like arrows, that chance would be a lot lower than that of a throwing axe.

Example:

Long bow: 60 rm, or 6 rb. Dmg: 1-6 against small and med, 1-8 against large. Two handed. Special: Shoot three arrows at once, for -3 to hit.

Long bow AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+1

+2

+2

+3

+3

Long bow range adjustment. (In meters)

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+3

+2

+1

+0

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+2

+1

+0

+0

Impossible

Impossible

So, here the range row represents how far away your target is. The damage row represents how much more or less damage you’ll cause. The to hit row represents how much bonuses or penalties you’ll get depending on who far away you are. For example, Norshon is quick-scoping a Voidbringer at 15 meters. He needs at least a fourteen to hit. He rolls a 15 on a d20, but really that ends up as 16 because of how close he is. However, the Voidbringer has AC 2 which gives Norshon a -2 penalty, but that’s not enough to stop an arrow to the knee. Norshon rolls a d6 for damage because the Voidbringer is a medium size, and gets 4, but because of how close he is, it does 6 hit points of damage to the Voidbringer.

So, that’s about it for the tutorial. Here’s the rest of the ranged weapons.

Long bow: 60 rm. Dmg: 1-6 against small and med, 1-8 against large. Two handed. Special: Shoot three arrows at once, for -3 to hit.

Long bow AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+1

+2

+2

+3

+3

Long bow range adjustment. (In meters)

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+3

+2

+1

+0

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+2

+1

+0

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Short bow: 30 rm. Dmg: 1-6 against small and med, 1-6 against large. Two handed. Special: None.

Short bow AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+1

+2

+2

+2

Short bow range adjustment.

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+2

+1

+1

+0

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+1

+0

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Throwing axe: 1 rm. Dmg: 1-6 against all sizes. One handed. Special: None.

Recovery: 90% likely.

Throwing axe AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+0

+1

+1

Throwing axe range adjustment. (In meters)

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+0

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Spear (Thrown): 1 rm. Dmg: 1-6 against small and med, 1-6 against large. One handed. Special: Can be used as melee, see melee chart for more info.

Recovery: 85% likely.

Spear (Thrown) AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+1

+3

Spear (Thrown) range adjustment. (In meters)

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+2

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+2

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Heavy crossbow: 20 rm. Dmg: 2-6 against small and med, 2-7 against large. Two handed. Special: For each two numbers over the requirement to hit, it deals one extra hit point of damage. Also takes one turn to reload before firing.

Heavy crossbow AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+1

+2

+3

+3

+3

+3

+3

Heavy crossbow range adjustment. (In meters)

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+3

+2

+0

+0

Impossible

To hit

+2

+2

+1

+0

+0

+0

Impossible

Light crossbow: 12 rm. Dmg: 1-6 against all. Two handed. Special: For each five numbers over the requirement to hit, it deals one extra hit point of damage.

Light crossbow AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+1

+1

+2

+3

+3

Light crossbow range adjustment. (In meters)

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+2

+2

+1

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+1

+1

+0

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Throwing knife: 2 rm. Dmg: 1-4 against small and med, 1-6 against large. One handed. Special: Will miss every time if thrown at Shardplate, but guarantees a 100% chance of stabbing the Shardbearer through the eyeslit with a broken spearhead.

Throwing knife AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+1

+2

+4

Throwing knife range adjustment.

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+2

+1

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+1

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Sling: 1 rc. Dmg: 2-5 against small and med, 2-7 against large. One handed. Special: None.

Sling AC adjustment.

AC 2

AC 3

AC 4

AC 5

AC 6

AC 7

AC 8

AC 9

AC 10

+0

+0

+0

+2

+2

+3

Sling range adjustment.

Range

0-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

61-70

71-80

81-90

Dmg.

+3

+2

+0

+0

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

To hit

+2

+2

+1

Impossible

Impossible

Impossible

Ammo

This is for ammo for projectile weapons. It won’t have damage or anything, just the price, what it can be used in, and the recovery chance.

Arrow: 1 rm for a score. For use with Long bow and Short bow. Recovery: 50%.

Heavy quarrel: 3 rm for a score. For use with Heavy crossbow only. Recovery: 40%.

Light quarrel: 2 rm for a score. For use with Light crossbow only. Recovery: 60%.

Sling bullet: 2 rm for a score. For use with Sling. Recovery: 95%

Currently I still have general equipment, armor, surges, skills, and maps to do. Sorry this is taking so long.