D&D- Desolations and Dustbringers

Assassin in Burgundy

You and four of your friends have been recruited to infiltrate the Unmade fortress somewhere in Natanatan. You will start in Urithuru and attempt to find the fortress. Once/if you do, you will need to fight your way into it and find the Unmade Nergoual. You will need to fight your way through Voidbringers, Midnight essence, and more to reach the fortress and stop the Unmade from launching an army to attack Urithuru and destroy the Radiants.

Do not fail me.

Desolations and Dustbringers is fairly simple. Fro those who have played D&D or other roleplaying games, you will find this easy. I've played it a ton with my friends, so I've had a lot of practice dungeon mastering. Basically it's D&D on Roshar but I basically describe stuff as we go along, without a module. To fight something, I'll judge what the chances are and IRL, roll a 20 sided die. If it's at or above the number I was using, you hit. For this version, you will be fledgling Radiants, similar to Kaladin in the end of WoK. You will not have Shardblades for this campaign, but you'll still be as BA as Kaladin. I can record what health and how much Stormlight you have left, (Stormlight quotient, or SQ), but I can send a word document for a character sheet if you also want to keep track. All you have to do is come up with responses to my scenarios and questions.

For example:

Me: You leave Urithuru with the honor of kings. Ahead stretches out the twisted wilds of Natanatan. You have been told to go south, and a path stretches before you. What do you do?

Player1: We follow the path, but keep our weapons out and armor on in case we run into enemies. are we on foot or on horse?

Me: You Each have a Ryshadium.

Player1: OK, good. We begin to follow the trail.

And so on and so on. The game is very simple and we can just post our actions on the forum, hassle free.

Character making:

The first five people can play. I'm sorry that I can't take more, but after that it gets too complicated to keep track of the players. However, you are welcome to start games of your own under a different topic once this five-player limit is reached. And I will make more campaigns after this one. H.P= Health Tf2= closest Tf2 character to them.

Choose your Order. You will be able to use their surges, which I will list.

Windrunner- Juggernauts, good for taking damage and dealing out even more. H.P: 30. Tf2: Heavy. Surges are basic, full, and reverse lashings.

Lightweavers- Wizards/support. Can join part in combat, but more helpful using soul casting and light weaving as distractions. H.P: 25. Tf2: Engineer. Surges are Soulcasting and Lightweaving.

Dustbringers- Ranged, set stuff on fire and turn off friction. H.P: 20. Tf2: Sniper. Surges are fire-throwing and friction manipulation.

Edgedancers- Healers, move and strike fast, then retreat. H.P: 20. Tf2: Medic/Scout

Sorry I can't do more, but I felt like this would be enough. If you want, you can share your characters backstory, nationality, name, spren, etc. Remember, the first five responders can play, so reply fast. More details will come out when you ask them, and you can buy equipment and stuff right before we start the mission

Have fun!

I have literally just been bothering people about whether or not they wantto play an RPG. This isn't quite what I had in mind, but the point is, you have piqued my attention!

As for an order... I think I'd like to give a cleric Edgedancer a try. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Quiver said:

I have literally just been bothering people about whether or not they wantto play an RPG. This isn't quite what I had in mind, but the point is, you have piqued my attention!

As for an order... I think I'd like to give a cleric Edgedancer a try. :ph34r:

Ok, thank you! I wasn't expecting a reply so fast.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

@Assassin in Burgundy  I have some questions as well

Namely:
What system are we using? (D&D, GURPS, Generic D20, homebrew, etc.)
Where are we going to be playing?
and
What class would I be?

Okay, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "system." I've kinda made my own with my friends, but it's probably the most similar to D&D, just a lot less complicated. I was thinking of people just posting their actions on this site, and you can be any of the previously taken classes. If you want to be another Radiant that wasn't listed, ask me and I can formulate their Surges, no problem. Or you can be one that someone is also using. I don't care either way.

6 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Okay, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "system."

A system is like the rules you're playing by, so like D&D or Pathfinder.  If you're using a homebrew, which it seems you are, could I get like, a brief outline of the rules and stuff?

. I was thinking of people just posting their actions on this site

Sounds good to me

If you want to be another Radiant that wasn't listed, ask me and I can formulate their Surges, no problem.

What would the rules for the Willshapers look like?

Edited by AliasSheep

1 minute ago, AliasSheep said:

What would the rules for the Willshapers look like?

Okay, their Surges are transportation and cohesion, so basically you can teleport and mold solid matter with your hands. I'd let you teleport short distances behind enemy lines or whatever, and for cohesion you can melt people's armor, weapons, tear apart doors, stuff like that. Pretty cool powers if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, AliasSheep said:

A system is like the rules you're playing by, so like D&D or Pathfinder.  If you're using a homebrew, which it seems you are, could I get like, a brief outline of the rules and stuff?

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'll release equipment and stuff later when quiver and elodin respond, but basically, everything comes from me. I've made an idea for a campaign and guidelines for me, but it's nowhere near as detailed as a D&D module, for example. Judging on how "good" the void bringers or whatever are, I'll lower or raise the number you would need to roll to hit them. I would roll a d20 in real life to see if you hit, and then a separate one for damage depending on your weapon. All in all, it's fairly simple for you guys. I'll record health and money and whatnot, and may make a character sheet if I have time. I'm making it sound more complicated then it really is, and most of this stuff only I will be doing. The only thing you need to do is come up with answers to my scenarios and most importantly, have fun while you're at it.

(Ok, that last part sounded really cheesy ;))

16 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Okay, their Surges are transportation and cohesion, so basically you can teleport and mold solid matter with your hands. I'd let you teleport short distances behind enemy lines or whatever, and for cohesion you can melt people's armor, weapons, tear apart doors, stuff like that. Pretty cool powers if you ask me.

The coolest.  Without a doubt.

(Though Elsecallers are still better :D)