2 hours ago, Alvron said:

Not necessarily.  It could be that Sart is the last Cultist but as everyone else is immune to the kill there is no way for there to be a Cultist kill.

Same as the 'only one kill left' 'before the end' tags could mean that killing Sart will end the game or it could mean that killing me will end the game.

You could convert Sart and see if the game ends that way. Or I could kill you, yeah, but c'mon, just look at my rep title. :P

Endgame: Hail Lord Jaddeth

Adonai stood, arms folded, on the edge of the Docks. The Northern city of Arelon, Ato, hadn’t fared well since it’s abandonment. Only beggars lived here now, and they didn’t maintain structures, they just found whatever was still in repair and used it until it was out of repair.

Which, in this case, meant that Ato had no ships he could use to purse Sart. The pirate’s ship was barely in view, sailing away from the city. Adonai knew enough about the man to know he would make landfall in Teod, but that was out of his reach.

But, did it really matter? In Teod, Sart couldn’t stop Gyorn Adonai from taking Arelon. In effect, Sart was dead. And, even better, he would serve as a witness to the people of Teod. He would spread the word.

Jaddeth was the new God of Arelon.

Duke Ashkelon stood at the head of his personal guard. They were formed up at the Southern Gate of Kae, awaiting the new king to arrive. Jumae had promised him wealth and power beyond what he already had, and Adonai had promised him even more. Ashkelon smirked as he once again tallied it up in his head. Adonai had promised him equal authority to himself, and Jumae had promised him the title of Crown prince.

A quick knife in the ribs later, and he would be king of Arelon. No one would mourn the death of the Mad Prince anyway. The man was insane! Talking to ghosts and what have you.

The Prince’s procession neared the gates. Jumae and Adonai at the head, with Lopen and Locke right behind. And then the Prince’s army, various Derethi priests and monks and the remaining Nobility.

They stopped at the gate, and the four of them dismounted. “Welcome Gyorn, King.” Ashkelon bowed his head and smiled broadly. “The city stands ready. The Elantris Guard won’t interfere, my money is rich enough to ensure that. Are you ready to take the city?”

“Oh of course, of course! Except,” Jumae paused, then beckoned Locke and Lopen forward. “We still need to bestow titles on my two loyalist followers! Kneel.” Locke and Lopen both fell to one knee, bowing their heads before the madman.

“Locke, I name you lord General of the King’s armies, defender of Arelon. Jaddeth’s fist in this land.” Jumae turned to Adonai. “Bless him priest.”

Adonai sighed, but placed his hands on Locke’s head. “Follow Jaddeth always, for he will bless his righteous. Ensure this land is safe for those who follow his holy word, Brother Locke.”

Jumae turned again, and faced empty air. “You give him a blessing as well girly.” There was a short silence, as everyone watched Jumae watch nothing. He looked like he was listening to something.

“Thank you.” Jumae turned to Lopen. “You, I name Heir Apparent, Crown prince of Arelon! Eton’s right hand in the land.”

Ashkelon started. “You promised me that title!”

Jumae ignored him. “My first command, prince Lopen, is to end the miserable life of the traitor Duke Ashkelon. He betrayed the King, and must be punished!”

Lopen rose, and turned towards the Duke. Ashkelon stepped backwards. “Guard, stop him! Protect me!”

The guards didn’t respond. He threw a quick glance over his shoulder, afraid to take his eyes off of Lopen for too long. His guards were watching the Prince’s army, and obviously deciding they would side with the prince. They were outnumbered five to one.

Lopen closed his eyes, and began to glow faintly. He sprang forward, spinning in midair. Ashkelon raised his arms in an attempt to block, but Lopens fist knocked them aside, and his foot took him in the neck. His throat was crushed, and he was thrown backwards, hitting two of his armored guards. Everything went black in an instant.

“That wasn’t very nice.” Liadan said. “I’m not bless him. Locke was okay. He never killed anyone. But not Lopen. You betrayed Ashy!”

“Hush girl, I need to talk to the priest.” Eton, or Jumae, or whatever he called himself, turned away from her. “So, Adon. From what I understand of your religion, when I convert, all Gyorns will outrank me, correct?”

The priest, Adon was it? Eyed him, in the manner of a man deciding whether or not a fruit was rotten. “That is correct, your Majesty.”

“And is it also correct that if I refuse to obey you, I will be excommunicated?”

The Priest’s tone became chilled, like frost in the graveyard. “Your point being?”

“If I am excommunicated, it means war between my country and yours. Teod will side with me of course, and the Rose Empire as well. So let’s be clear priest. I will swear myself to Jaddeth, but I will joyfully disobey you if you tell me to do something I don’t want to. I will be your Odiv in name only. The city, and it’s people, are yours, but I belong to myself only.”

“And to me!” Liadan piped up. Jumae shot her a dirty look. “Until you remember my name, you still get to obey me.”

Jumae sighed. “I’m never going to get away from you girly, am I?”

Adonai raised one eyebrow. “Your terms are accepted, King, but if you call me a girl again, I will execute you, and put your prince on the throne.”

Lopen grinned. “Hail Jaddeth.”

Sart was 'killed'! He was a Citizen Pirate!

Elenion was Killed! He was a Citizen Duke and a Derethi Convert!

And, that is a wrap. Congrats to Alvron and Stink for winning, and congrats to the Derethi Converts, Lopen, Stink, Orlok and Elenion for winning as well. Final thoughts to come.

All Secret Roles:

Korathi Patriarch (Eliminator)

Win Condition: All other Eliminators dead. All Citizens converted or killed.

Abilities:

Protect Converts or Convert each night.

One Anonymous PM per turn, sent to your converts

Knows what gets said in the Chapel PM

One extra Life

Immunity to Jeskeri Abilities.

Korathi Convert (Neutral Evil)

Win Condition: IF Citizen, Neutral, or Neutral-Evil you retain your prior win condition, plus you can win with the Korathi Faction.

Abilities:

Day or night, you can speak in the Korathi Chapel PM.

Derethi Gyorn (Eliminator)

Win Condition: All other Eliminators dead. All Citizens converted or killed.

Abilities:

Kill or Convert each night.

One Anonymous PM per turn, sent to your converts

Knows what gets said in the Chapel PM

One extra Life

Derethi Convert (Neutral Evil)

Win condition: IF Citizen, Neutral, or Neutral-Evil you retain your prior win condition, plus you can win with the Derethi Faction.

Abilities:

Day or night, you can speak in the Derethi Chapel PM.

Derethi Gragdet (Neutral Evil)

Win condition: Survive, and have an Eliminator Role win the game

Abilities: One kill per Night. Immunity to Jeskeri Actions.

The Mad Prince (Neutral)

Win Condition: Survive, and kill all Players with the Noble role.

Abilities:

Day: Your choice of Duke Vote, Noble Vote, or Merchant Vote Block

Night: Randomly picked Pirate, Chay-Shan, or Bodyguard ability.

Jeskeri Practitioner (Eliminator)

Win Condition: Outnumber the Citizens, Kill all Non-Jeskeri Eliminators

Abilities: Chain kills. Everyone who targets your target dies.

Jeskeri Acolyte (Eliminator)

Abilities: Redirect a player’s night action.

Jeskeri Adept (Eliminator)

Abilities: Role scanning.

Jeskeri Cultist (Eliminator)

Abilities: After a Known Role has died, you can become that role

Docs:

Edited by The Only Joe

That was a very enjoyable game Joe.  I loved all the hidden roles.

Burnt, sorry for not Converting you first night like I had originally planned.  Even had the orders in until I switched to killing EC3 a couple of hours before rollover.  Vastly amused that you attacked me.  It was just like Dilaf attacking Hrathen and failing to kill him.

Len, sorry.  I asked Lopen to kill you.  You were a little too bloodthirsty.  Had a niggle of doubt that you were a Cultist trying to kill my team from the inside.

Lopen, I'm both happy and sad you didn't kill me at the end.  Happy as it means I won, sad as it means it's not the same ending as the book which would've been highly amusing.

Aonar, in case you're still wondering, I call the Jeskeri as Cultist for the simple reason of it being easier to spell. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Another game has come to a close.  Joe, your games continue to keep everyone on their toes.  Thank you for running this game.  I enjoyed it immensely.

Congratulations Stink of fulfilling your win and helping me with mine.  Thank you also to Lopen, Elenion and Orlok for not turning me in or killing me when you had the chance.  Sorry for asking Lopen to kill you Elenion.

Also, well done to the Jeskeri Cultists.  Your attack on Night Three took everyone by surprise and wiped out a sizable portion of the village.

And farewell to Maill.  This was his last game and he will be missed.  I'm sure all of us here wish you a safe and successful mission.  We look forward to your return in two years.

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of 
GammaWilson, Metacognition or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

For those wanting to play, Quick Fix Game 18: The Black Prism is open for sign ups but will be starting soon so get in quick to join in the fun.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!

Edited by Alvron