Roles Remaining:

• Lopen: ChayShan
  • Rae: Beggar => Bodyguard
  • Bard: Neutral Role Scanner
  • Stink: Mad Prince
  • Elenion: Duke
  • Alvron: Miller (Lost Life)
  • Aonar: Pirate (STINK indicates Jeskeri)
  • Conquestor: Pirate (Lost Life)
  • Orlok: Legionnaire
  • Sart: Pirate

We were doing so well, but the Korathi have thrown a huge monkey wrench into our plans. I am not concerned at all about the Jeskeri at this point. They only have one or two members left. That's probably Aonar, but since we now know Cultists are beggars, I'm betting he has an extra life now. However, I am unclear on the number of Korathi. If they have a conversion every cycle, then we have already lost. If it's a set number of conversions, we're still in trouble. If it's converting on even cycles, we still have three other Korathi to deal with. That's the best case scenario. We also have neutral roles as well, further complicating the voting process.

There's only one thing we can do. We need to lynch the Patriarch. If we can get rid of any conversions they still have left, we might have a slim chance of actually winning this thing. So, we just need the Patriarch dead. We can assume that the Patriarch does not have any special powers, other than perhaps an extra life. We know Lopen, Rae, Stink, and Elenion all have powers that have been confirmed. Aman claims Orlok arrested him Night One. Aman wouldn't lie about that if Orlok wasn't on his team. Ergo, Orlok is either a Legionnaire or Jeskeri. I know that I am innocent. That whittles it down to four players.  It comes down to whether we believe the Patriarch has an extra life. In a game with this many enemies, for the sake of game balance, I believe he does not. Therefore, I do not believe Alvron or Conquestor is the Patriarch. Since STINK has indicated Aonar is Jeskeri, he is most likely not the Practitioner. STINK could have been converted, but it would be a waste for the Practitioner, so I doubt it. Thus, I hesitantly believe STINK is telling the truth.

Therefore, there is only one suspect left. Bard is the Patriarch. He used his mole in the Jeskeri organization, Eol, as well as his team's networks of PMs, in order to fake being a role scanner. He's been trying to hide on the sidelines, when he was directing the game from the shadows. So Bard, who's your daddy now?

2 hours ago, Sart said:

Therefore, there is only one suspect left. Bard is the Patriarch. He used his mole in the Jeskeri organization, Eol, as well as his team's networks of PMs, in order to fake being a role scanner. He's been trying to hide on the sidelines, when he was directing the game from the shadows.

But why would Eol be Bard's mole? Let's assume for a second that Bard is the patriarch. According to this write-up, Eol would have retained his original win con, so he couldn't have won with the Korathi. Eol's only shot at winning would have been to kill everyone else, and so telling Bard things about the Jeskeri would have been stupid. I think it far more likely that Eol was converted because Bard knew through contacts that he was a "bodyguard", and Bard wanted protection on his team from Chay-Shans. Therefore, even if Bard was the Patriarch, I find it highly unlikely that Eol would have told him about being a Jeskeri. If anything, Eol would have told the Jeskeri all about the Korathi.

I think it far more likely that the Patriarch had a role-scanning ability as well as a conversion, but could only use one per turn. That would make it balanced and solve all of the problems with the Bard theory. But since the Korathi lack a kill as far as I can tell, I think that the Jeskeri are the greater threat and so my vote will remain on Aonar.

2 hours ago, Sart said:

So Bard, who's your daddy now?

Bard... I am your father!

School starts tomorrow for me, so I'll be less active after that than I have recently been. However, I'll get on as much as I can, particularly in the evenings MDT.

4 hours ago, Sart said:

We were doing so well, but the Korathi have thrown a huge monkey wrench into our plans. I am not concerned at all about the Jeskeri at this point. They only have one or two members left. That's probably Aonar, but since we now know Cultists are beggars, I'm betting he has an extra life now. However, I am unclear on the number of Korathi. If they have a conversion every cycle, then we have already lost. If it's a set number of conversions, we're still in trouble. If it's converting on even cycles, we still have three other Korathi to deal with. That's the best case scenario. We also have neutral roles as well, further complicating the voting process.

There's only one thing we can do. We need to lynch the Patriarch. If we can get rid of any conversions they still have left, we might have a slim chance of actually winning this thing. So, we just need the Patriarch dead. We can assume that the Patriarch does not have any special powers, other than perhaps an extra life. We know Lopen, Rae, Stink, and Elenion all have powers that have been confirmed. Aman claims Orlok arrested him Night One. Aman wouldn't lie about that if Orlok wasn't on his team. Ergo, Orlok is either a Legionnaire or Jeskeri. I know that I am innocent. That whittles it down to four players.  It comes down to whether we believe the Patriarch has an extra life. In a game with this many enemies, for the sake of game balance, I believe he does not. Therefore, I do not believe Alvron or Conquestor is the Patriarch. Since STINK has indicated Aonar is Jeskeri, he is most likely not the Practitioner. STINK could have been converted, but it would be a waste for the Practitioner, so I doubt it. Thus, I hesitantly believe STINK is telling the truth.

Therefore, there is only one suspect left. Bard is the Patriarch. He used his mole in the Jeskeri organization, Eol, as well as his team's networks of PMs, in order to fake being a role scanner. He's been trying to hide on the sidelines, when he was directing the game from the shadows. So Bard, who's your daddy now?

There's also the possibility that Orlok is a Legionnaire who is a Jeskeri. I'm pretty sure Orlok is a self-targeting Legionnaire -- all someone has to do to disprove his claim is target him during the Night and see if their action fails. I'm less sure that he's a villager. He's the only one left alive that could corroborate Aman's PM with Wilson, Magestar, and Elbereth. That in itself isn't an indication of guilt, but it's worth considering.

I know this is a stupid move for a nicer version of the eliminator role, but I am the Korathi Patriarch and my win con is to convert the entire village and kill all eliminators, besides myself. There is another hidden conversion faction that is based around killing everyone, they are called the Derethi. The Patriarch is Alvron, I know this because I was told by a Dula contact and Aman confirmed it when he said that Alvron is a Patriarch of a secret faction. I hope you guys don't kill me and to give you more information, Stink, Elenion, and probably others are converts. I am able to convert once a night or can protect my converts from kills. The Derethi are very powerful and I knew I couldn't win without revealing myself and telling everyone about the Derethi. 

Well, I guess it doesn't matter if you guys lynch me or not because I will probably be killed by the Derethi anyway. The only thing is, is if you guys lynch me, you lose voting power and he'll be able to kill or kill, which means you lose more votes. We need to kill Alvron now and if you guys want, you can have Lopen kill me tonight.<_<

Just now, Conquestor said:

Well, I guess it doesn't matter if you guys lynch me or not because I will probably be killed by the Derethi anyway. The only thing is, is if you guys lynch me, you lose voting power and he'll be able to kill or kill, which means you lose more votes. We need to kill Alvron now and if you guys want, you can have Lopen kill me tonight.<_<

I don't want to kill you buddy! I just want to kill the Jeskeri!

Really people, can't we all just be Convertsfriends? >.>

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

Ooh. Aonar. We can see if Alv really is an eliminator after we lynch you, Con.

To kill a suspicious Aonar or to kill a professed-elim Con; that is the question.

42 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

Have fun with that; Lopen is in your faction after all. :ph34r:

Come on, @Elenion. I'm trying really hard to be civil right now, but you're one of the few votes that I can be reasonably confident comes from an actual villager, and you're just following the lead of other players, and not even trustworthy other players. First, a neutral who's doing Domi knows what (well, helping the Converts, most likely), and then an all-but-confirmed Convert.

I have no idea what the heck Conq is doing, but all of my money is on a smokescreen. He was probably Converted last night, and is trying to draw attention away from Alv, the real patriarch. If the village lynches Conq, they're down a member, but they replenish ranks tonight, and take away two more opposing players. If we don't have a majority on Conq, they'll probably pull a last-minute hammer vote, and then it's game over.

@Sart @OrlokTsubodai Please show up. Please vote Alv. It's our only shot at winning this. @The Young Bard I don't know if you're neutral or evil or what, but you vote would be much appreciated too. I would tag Stink too, but Stink is Stink, and Stink does what Stink does, which tends to be whatever annoys the greatest number of people possible, so asking him for help is pointless. :P 

Edited by Aonar Faileas

21 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

I have no idea what the heck Conq is doing, but all of my money is on a smokescreen. He was probably Converted last night, and is trying to draw attention away from Alv, the real patriarch. If the village lynches Conq, they're down a member, but they replenish ranks tonight, and take away two more opposing players. If we don't have a majority on Conq, they'll probably pull a last-minute hammer vote, and then it's game over.

I'll take that bet.  I have said it time and time again.  I. Am. Not. The. Patriarch!  Even if I was, Con doing what he did makes no sense as there weren't even any votes on me.

7 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I'll take that bet.  I have said it time and time again.  I. Am. Not. The. Patriarch!  Even if I was, Con doing what he did makes no sense as there weren't even any votes on me.

But you have been Converted by the Korathi. So why vote on your Patriarch? You've claimed a non-village role with immunity to the Jeskeri. Which, I will admit, means your win con (which is what, by the way?) would be unchanged by conversion, if you are truthful. However, you know what else it means? It means that thematically, you must be a follower of either Derethi or Korathi. (I am excluding Keseg, simply because we know almost nothing about the Kesegan religion, and I feel like it would have been hard for Joe to work into the flavour. Plus, it's largely extinct in the time period this game is set in.) Funnily enough, that means one of two things. Either you are the Patriarch, or you are the head of the probably-fake second conversion faction, and either way, we should lynch you.

5 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

1.But you have been Converted by the Korathi. So why vote on your Patriarch? 2.You've claimed a non-village role with immunity to the Jeskeri. 3.Which, I will admit, means your win con (which is what, by the way?) would be unchanged by conversion, if you are truthful. 4.However, you know what else it means? It means that thematically, you must be a follower of either Derethi or Korathi. (I am excluding Keseg, simply because we know almost nothing about the Kesegan religion, and I feel like it would have been hard for Joe to work into the flavour. Plus, it's largely extinct in the time period this game is set in.) 5.Funnily enough, that means one of two things. Either you are the Patriarch, or you are the head of the probably-fake second conversion faction, and either way, we should lynch you.

1. I have not been Converted by anyone!  At least not to my knowledge.  
2. I am a non village role with Immunity to the Cultists.  
3. My win condition requires the death of all Cultists.
4. You are missing another religion.
5. It's not funny from my perspective.

1: That doesn't jive with the info Eol would have revealed to Aman. While he lied about plenty (like the fact Eol was a Jeskeri) I don't see why he would lie about you being on the Korathi roster.

2: The Jeskeri are the Cultists.

3: Again, the Jeskeri are the Cultists. Even if for some strange reason you're expanding this to include Korathi and Derethi, that doesn't work either, as that would give you a village-equivalent win con, which is contradicted by the rules.

4: No, I'm not. You're Derethi, Korathi, Kesegan or Jeskeri. Those are the only four known religions on Sel, and as such the only religions liable to be in this game. 

5: That's irrelevant, and not what I meant, regardless. :P 

1. Aman said I was the Patriarch not that I was on the Korathi roster. And he is wrong!
2. You sure about that?
3. I call the Jeskeri as Cultists for a very specific reason.
4. Yes you are.  I can think of two other religions. Kolo?
5. I know. :P

Edited by Alvron

1: But am I wrong about you being on the Korathi roster?

3: Explain.

4: Are you trying to claim that you're a priest of Old Jesker? (The only other I can think of is the quasi-religious worship of the Elantrians.) In which case, the Korathi have no reason to lynch you, which they seem quite interested in.

Okay. Well, here's my view on things with as much information as I think I should give out, all things considered(mostly my win con :P):

1. Lopen - ChayShan Citizen converted.
2. Stink - Mad Prince.
3. Arraenae - Bodyguard. I think she started out as a Citizen at least. I guess. I'm a bit confused about who the last Jeskeri might be though.
4. Alvron - Well I'm pretty sure he's not Jeskeri. Aman did try to get him lynched after all. :P So I have absolutely no reason to want to lynch him.
5. Conquestor - His reveal. Hm. Well, I'm fairly positive he's not Jeskeri as well. So again, I personally do not want to lynch him or kill him.
6. Sart - Pirate? I feel like he could be like, a Serial Killer hiding in the Shadows until super late game or something, but, eh, the part of my brain that makes sense tells me that he's probably a Citizen. Or at least, that he's not Jeskeri. >>
7. Orlok - Claimed Legionnaire. Probably is one. Oh, and if he could maybe just arrest me this upcoming turn then he'd be cleared from being Jeskeri, which would be cool. @OrlokTsubodai, could you arrest me please?
8. Bard - Claims Neutral role scanner, but has yet to indicate at all what his win con is. Although maybe he hasn't been on at the right times to tell me or something. I don't know why he can't just reveal it in thread though...I think he's a Jeskeri myself, but, ehhhhh, he could maybe be telling the truth.
9. Aonar - Claims Pirate. Yeah, pretty unprovable, unless he's attacked/lynched. I can't honestly say I'm sure he's Jeskeri, but I heavily suspect he is at this point.
10. Elenion - Strongest read as Citizen. Duke. Yo, I'd prefer if we could lynch Aonar or Bard this Turn, although more towards Aonar because if Bard really is Neutral I don't want to completely rob him of any chance of victory(although I suppose lynching Aonar and him turning out to be village would be essentially doing the same thing, since it's not very likely the game will end with a village win(although not impossible)).

So, bold means I don't want them dead. Sart, Bard, or Aonar are fine though. :P

Aonar, does this help explain anything? I feel like you could maybe work some stuff out from this. Possibly. You're pretty smart. So. Hopefully you don't force me to reveal anything actually sensitive that I probably shouldn't reveal because it's not really my fight. :P

8 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

1: But am I wrong about you being on the Korathi roster?

3: Explain.

4: Are you trying to claim that you're a priest of Old Jesker? (The only other I can think of is the quasi-religious worship of the Elantrians.) In which case, the Korathi have no reason to lynch you, which they seem quite interested in.

1. Yes you are wrong.
3. And where's the fun in that.
4. I claim nothing.  But at least you're thinking beyond what you were thinking before.  (You assume they are aware of my role.  All anyone has been told is that I have an unknown role which I have admitted to and that Aman claims I'm the Patriarch which I vehemently deny.)

OK. Quick post, because I'm at the library now, because I wanted to post today and failed at the last library I went to due to outdated computers which wouldn't let me post (I've got pictures of what the new Shard looks like on Windows XP and Internet Explorer 4-ish, if there are any nostalgics :P)

Anyway, I see a choice between Conq, Aonar and Alv. I'll quickly assess each of them:

Aonar: (this kept on changing itself to sonar... :P Now I understand why people hate autocorrect so much...) Aonar is possibly, even probably, an Eliminator, but they're not really a concern until Night 9, and he's probably the last one, whereas the Converts are a much more immediate threat with 1 kill and one convert a night.

Alv: Maybe a Convert, maybe not... He denies being the Patriarch, though. I find it interesting that he claimed Miller early on, though, which isn't really a point in his favour. I can see Alv testing how people react to that claim if he was the Patriarch. People who would be most likely to trust that claim right off would be eliminators, as they'd already think, from there perspective, that Alv wasn't evil, so then he'd be able to get some data on a lot of the players. So I certainly consider Alv the Patriarch to be possible.

Conq : The problem with Conq's story is this. Aman clearly described the Convert faction, as Eol must have related them, as Korathi, with Lopen, Rae and Alv in it. If Conq is the Patriarch of the Korathi, then that means that he either he's the Patriarch of the group Eol joined, in which case he's Evil, or he's making it up like Elodin seems to have done. In addition, we've already found a "Derethi" role in Burnt, so I doubt there are two seperate factions with the same name. So, I'm not fond of Conq's story.

But the problem is, with each of these candidates, there is room for doubt. Aonar and Conq could be a villager, and Alv could be a non-Converted Neutral. There is enough room for doubt, and we can not afford to lose someone who's on our side. Which is why I think Lopen is a good choice. He's claimed a Convert role, and he's got a kill, so until we either get him back onto the villager's side by killing making a villager win seem plausible, he's got a kill every night that double the rate at which the village loses. Plus, if we kill him, it means that the Convert's sole means of killing will have to come from the lynch, which makes it a lot easier to find and catch Converts.