44 minutes ago, STINK said:

Hey guys, I was supposed to say some stuff as like this is Amans last words go here, but he told you guys about the convert team during the day.

But, obviously he switched some names around. You guys wanna know the real convert team? I mean, the Jeskeri won't attack them cause one of the Jeskeri was converted, but the village can at least use the Lynch to kill them.

I'll only give the names if you ask though :P

Also I got no kill tonight sad times.

l do want to hear who the real converts are.

Quick apology to Lopen. I had a PM typed out, sent it off, and the internet chose that moment to black out. :( To be fair, though, I was only giving you part of my win con anyway, so I don't suppose it matters too much.

OK, the 2 big things to talk about is Aman's list and my trust in it, and what the existence of a conversion role would/could mean (and Len's post against me, as well.)

Aman's list - I can't outright say anything on that list is wrong, but Aman's clever enough not to lie too obviously. However, there are one or two things that aren't known in thread which corroborate with what I've heard in PM's, so for the meantime I'm willing to accept that the vast majority is true, with maybe a couple lies in it. So long as we work out which is which before we do anything about it, then the list could prove quite useful.

Conversion team - If there is a conversion team, then the village has basically lost. However, there win con doesn't make sense as a Neutral-Evil. Why do they only need to kill the Jeskeri? Surely if that was there true win-con, they'd just be plain Neutral? My guess is Aman lied, or at least took liberty with the Converts win con, to fool the villagers or just because he didn't know what the Convert's true win con was.

Elenion's voting on me - Let me get this straight. You claimed Pirate. I say I don't believe you. You have a chat with Lopen, then come back and say you're not a Pirate, failing to provide any explanation why you claimed Pirate other than "I wasn't going to tell you the truth right off" (quoting a single sentence is OK, isn't it Joe?) Then, 10 minutes later, you claim Duke to the whole thread, meaning that there's nothing in that PM that I actually needed to respond to because you failed to provide any sort of additional explanation, which is why I didn't feel the need to reference it when I posted against you. I did not lie about any of this. If you can find one thing I lied about in that post, go right ahead and explain it to me, because I don't see it. If you want to lynch the liars, lynch yourself for claiming Pirate. I'm sorry I'm grumpy, but I thought we'd settled this way back on Day 2/3. I never really supported you being soft-cleared like you seem to be now by a lot of players, but I let it go because I thought arguing further would be beating the dead horse. I'm sorry if you don't have the same opinion about your arguments.

@STINK Enlighten us as to the identities of our foes.

Since last Day Aman threatened me with the Practitioner kill, and didn't agree to move it off of me, I'm posting a final list of reads, just in case I get nuked tonight.

Sart: Aman called him the Acolyte, but outed-elim!Aman is notoriously hard to read. I did find it suspicious when he claimed Pirate--an Acolyte's cover--so readily.
Alvron: Aman calls him a conversion role but yet he somehow survives an attack. I can't say for sure whether he's Jeskeri, Pirate, or Conversion.
Lopen: My strongest non-Jeskeri read, but is possibly Converted. Can be counted on to kill Jeskeri, however.
STINK: Neutral and powerful, I'd trust STINK more than most players right now.
Elenion: Me
Arraenae: I'm reading village on Rae ever since the Silverblade Incident.
Eolhondras: Reading heavily toward Cultist: he was lurking during Aman's speech and didn't even cast a vote, most likely trying to remain out of the politics.
Conquestor: I'm leaning village (and legit Pirate) but not by much.
Aonar Faileas: Reading as village due to his vehement arguments against anyone even trying to convert him. Could be Jeskeri, though.
OrlokTsubodai: I think he's telling the truth about being very busy, but that doesn't help with determining his alignment. Unknown.
The Young Bard: Not village; I think he's either Neutral or Jeskeri.

If I had to put my Practitioner suspicions on one player right now, it would be Eol.

14 hours ago, Aonar Faileas said:

...Is that a funeral bell I hear tolling in the distance? :P I think it is.

Alv will convert, the new practitioner will kill, Lopen will kill, heck, Stink will probably kill too, and barring an extremely unlikely scenario where all of those for some reason fail, the village draws it's last breaths. Whatever's left of the Jeskeri will fall next cycle, and the game will end. While it's a little cheap since no one knew about you till this cycle, it was, I suppose, masterfully done. Good game Converts.

@TheMightyLopen@AlvronDon't you dare convert me. I'd rather die a villager than live as a convert.

3 hours ago, Elenion said:

Alvron: Aman calls him a conversion role but yet he somehow survives an attack. I can't say for sure whether he's Jeskeri, Pirate, or Conversion.

/sigh.  I am not the Patriarch.  Here is what I do know:  Do I have a secret role? Yes.  Am I immune to the Cultists Mega Kill? Yes.  In fact I am immune to any actions taken by a Cultist excluding votes and I can give that Immunity to one person for that night.  Do I know who the Patriarch is? No, but I have my suspicions.  I have it narrowed down to two/three people.  Is Sart the last Cultist? No.  Bard is also a Cultist.  At least he is if he really did scan me last night cycle as I was told that I was targeted by a Cultist.  Is Sart a Cultist? Maybe.

5 hours ago, STINK said:

Well, I can say that Eol is certainly not village and may or may not be involved in a faction that is anti village.

Might as well say the same thing about Rae too.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

/sigh.  I am not the Patriarch.  Here is what I do know:  Do I have a secret role? Yes.  Am I immune to the Cultists Mega Kill? Yes.  In fact I am immune to any actions taken by a Cultist excluding votes and I can give that Immunity to one person for that night.  Do I know who the Patriarch is? No, but I have my suspicions.  I have it narrowed down to two/three people.  Is Sart the last Cultist? No.  Bard is also a Cultist.  At least he is if he really did scan me last night cycle as I was told that I was targeted by a Cultist.  Is Sart a Cultist? Maybe.

If both Bard and Eol are Cultists, we know why they seemed so eager to appear weak. Nice try, Aman.

I'm also very skeptical of the claim that Cultists have two lives. That was never confirmed by the GM, and if I recall correctly, Aman was the one who suggested it in the first place. Also, I'm not a Cultist. I don't believe Aman's story about a conversion role either, but I can't dismiss it. We're doing a lot better, but we need to keep going.

I am not a Jeskeri Cultist. If I had, then according to you, my action would have failed, and I would have guessed that you were a self-protecting Legionnaire, which would have shown the same result, or else something else entirely. But I knew that you were an Unknown Role, because my scan succeeded. If you believe I'm lying, then you can protect any one player from the Jeskeri tomorrow Night, tell me via PM's in advance, and I will scan them. Then, if a Jeskeri targets them, or if I produce an incorrect result, you can reveal it to the thread and lynch me. Until then, I think you're jumping to conclusions. It's more than possible that, even if a Jeskeri did target you, it was someone else entirely.

Edited by The Young Bard
Removed sentence that didn't make sense because I changed what I was going to say next.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Note how Aonar called the conversion team Korathi. Interesting slipup to make, huh? Maybe Aonar knows more about these "Korathi" than he's letting on.

...Nice try, Korathi. Lopen's already admitted to me that he's one of you, so I'm willing to bet Aman's info on that point was good, and you and Alv are as well. (Also, Alv, thanks for basically admitting to being the Patriarch, by the way. Unless you're trying to protect someone else. In which case, please stop. :P)

Seriously though. If you're going to try to frame me as a fellow Convert, at least put some effort into it. :P If it was a slipup, it would have been accidental. The conclusions in that post were based around the theory that the Converts are protected by one of Sel's gods. There are only two named gods in Elantris and the Emperor's Soul, Dashu (Domi) and Jaddeth. Jaddeth can be stricken from the list. (See: Burnt.) That leaves Domi, and by extension that makes the Converts the Korathi. While it is possible Joe decided to make the Converts Kesegan or something else, I doubt it. I didn't figure an explanation of the process of elimination was necessary. 

Feel free to try again, Rae. Any other reasons why I must be secretly working against the village?

2 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

...Nice try, Korathi. Lopen's already admitted to me that he's one of you, so I'm willing to bet Aman's info on that point was good, and you and Alv are as well. (Also, Alv, thanks for basically admitting to being the Patriarch, by the way. Unless you're trying to protect someone else. In which case, please stop. :P)

Seriously though. If you're going to try to frame me as a fellow Convert, at least put some effort into it. :P If it was a slipup, it would have been accidental. The conclusions in that post were based around the theory that the Converts are protected by one of Sel's gods. There are only two named gods in Elantris and the Emperor's Soul, Dashu (Domi) and Jaddeth. Jaddeth can be stricken from the list. (See: Burnt.) That leaves Domi, and by extension that makes the Converts the Korathi. While it is possible Joe decided to make the Converts Kesegan or something else, I doubt it. I didn't figure an explanation of the process of elimination was necessary. 

Feel free to try again, Rae. Any other reasons why I must be secretly working against the village?

Oh, so I'm the Convert, because I saw you make a mistake and asked about it? I'm the Convert because a supposed teammate conveniently revealed himself to you in a private setting and a known eliminator troll said I'm a Convert? Sorry if I don't trust what you say, especially after your slipup.

I'll try to explain everything tomorrow(or at least as much as I can). All I'll say right now is that Aman lied about some things and was also wrong about some things that I'm not sure was intentional or not. As for my alignment, all that has to happen for me to win is for all of the Jeskeri to die, so you can be certain that that's what I'm trying to make happen. That is my one and only goal(well, and having fun :P).

1 minute ago, Arraenae said:

Oh, so I'm the Convert, because I saw you make a mistake and asked about it? I'm the Convert because a supposed teammate conveniently revealed himself to you in a private setting and a known eliminator troll said I'm a Convert? Sorry if I don't trust what you say, especially after your slipup.

I didn't make a mistake. :P You did. You Korathi should communicate better. 

2 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I'll try to explain everything tomorrow(or at least as much as I can). All I'll say right now is that Aman lied about some things and was also wrong about some things that I'm not sure was intentional or not. As for my alignment, all that has to happen for me to win is for all of the Jeskeri to die, so you can be certain that that's what I'm trying to make happen. That is my one and only goal(well, and having fun :P).

I have no doubt Aman lied about a lot of things. I doubt greatly that he did so about the Korathi. With their immunity, they are the Jeskeri's greatest threat. He no doubt wanted the Converts dead just as much as the village does. (No, I don't believe you about you sharing the village win-con. I won't believe that until I see it. Which means I'll be expecting your help lynching Alv once the last Jeskeri is dead.) As for whether or not he was wrong on some of his info about the Korathi, who knows. We have no reason to trust you, though.

18 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

I have no doubt Aman lied about a lot of things.

Here's my reads on what Aman said:

Chances that Sart is actually Jeskeri like Aman said: 2 in 10

Chances that the Jeskeri are as weak as Aman said: 1 in 10

Chances that there's a conversion team: 9 in 10

Chances that Alv is the patriarch: 5 in 10

Chances that I actually get hit by the Practitioner tonight: 4 in 10 (although I posted my reads anyway)

22 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

I didn't make a mistake. :P You did. You Korathi should communicate better. 

I have no doubt Aman lied about a lot of things. I doubt greatly that he did so about the Korathi. With their immunity, they are the Jeskeri's greatest threat. He no doubt wanted the Converts dead just as much as the village does. (No, I don't believe you about you sharing the village win-con. I won't believe that until I see it. Which means I'll be expecting your help lynching Alv once the last Jeskeri is dead.) As for whether or not he was wrong on some of his info about the Korathi, who knows. We have no reason to trust you, though.

No reason to trust me? Really? I did just kill Burnt(Neutral Evil) and started the lynch on Aman(Cultist). So you know I'm not working against you.

Oh, and as a bit of insurance, just in case I somehow die(no idea how that would happen, but oh well), one of Rae or Eol is definitely a Cultist. I think it's Eol and I'm attacking him right now, but I'm not 100% sure.

4 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

No reason to trust me? Really? I did just kill Burnt(Neutral Evil) and started the lynch on Aman(Cultist). So you know I'm not working against you.

Oh, and as a bit of insurance, just in case I somehow die(no idea how that would happen, but oh well), one of Rae or Eol is definitely a Cultist. I think it's Eol and I'm attacking him right now, but I'm not 100% sure.

No, we know you aren't working with them. There's big difference between not working against us and not working with our enemies.

After Rae's last couple posts I'm kind of leaning her way, (if it's not her, you Converts really need to get your acts together. :P) although it's very possible Eol is. My diagram is way out of whack, but it was predicting Eol/Kipper/Bard as eliminators together for a while.

Day Seven

<Writeup to be edited in>

Eolhondras was killed! He was a Jeskeri Cultist turned Monk and Korathi Convert!

Cultist is the Jeskeri Equivalent of a Beggar. Monk is the Jeskeri Equivalent of Bodyguard.

If an Eliminator, Neutral, or Neutral-Evil player is Converted by the Patriarch, they retain only their original Win condition. If a Citizen is converted, they have Two win conditions! They can win when all Eliminators except the Patriarch are dead, and all living citizens have been converted, Or they can win as a citizen when all the Eliminators are dead.

URGENT UPDATE: As a convert, you are protected from the Jeskeri Cultists. You cannot be affected by their members.

Edited by The Only Joe

Note. This is going to be my last writeup for a while. In about 24 hours, I'll be leaving town. I won't get back until late sunday. Metacognition will be running the game in my absence. I will be adding him to all the PM's tonight. It would be helpful if you could add him to any PM you talk in as well.

Yo you know how it goes so basically yeah Aonar is evil as well into terms of being a Jeskeri and everyone knows that I've called out loads of peeps by know so the village better be grateful. So yeah I ain't gonna vote for him yet but yeah.

5 hours ago, Conquestor said:

They may have targeted the Patriarch of the Jeskeri faction.

I didn't think the Jeskeri had a patriarch...

Right now we're caught between the Korathi and the Jeskeri, and we need to kill a member of one of them to ensure they don't outnumber us. My biggest suspicions right now fall on Aonar and Rae; they both were tossing around some pretty serious allegations in what I think was a ploy to throw suspicion off of themselves. Of the two, I think Rae's vehement defense of herself suggests she is a Korathi, while Aonar's telling people he doesn't want to be converted makes me think he's a Jeskeri using reverse psychology to try to infiltrate.

Now we have to decide who's the most dangerous. The Jeskeri have a (Practition? Practice?) that will trigger again N9. The Korathi don't have a kill as far as I can tell, because they wouldn't have killed Eol, and there weren't any other deaths. However, if any bodyguards blocked a kill last night, that would definitely complicate matters.

Right now I'll vote on Aonar unless I get a reputable account from a bodyguard that suggests the Korathi have a kill.