15 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Who is the Impartial Mod for this game?

Sign me up as Anelin! What are the rules regarding PMs?

Meta Cognition. 

PM's? Did I completely forget that paragraph? Apparently I did. I will add that momentarily. They are day only, but otherwise restriction free.

12 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

When in the turn order do the eliminators make their kill? (or is this a PAFO?)

Do the eliminators even have a kill? (PAFO)

Oh. And i'll sign up. That game sounds like insanity. That sounds awesome. Character will come later. 

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti
Spacing went wacko

Hm. I counted the days wong. Turns out that I'll be inactive for the first cycle (although I'd be on that first night so I'd get my role and be able to post something) and most of the next day as well. Which could still be fine, but it occurs to me that that's just about the opposite of Maill's schedule (I come back on the 31st and he's completely gone on the 1st, I think). So I'm wondering if I could be arranged to just be Maill's pinchhitter? Might be better than just completely missing the first cycle and a half. 

Sign me up, please! (I want to call myself Sky Masterson here, because of the tags, but you seem to have put that name down for Ecthelion, even though that's not her character...)

Clarifications:

Must the Legionnaire reveal themselves in the doc?

Will roles be revealed after the player dies? (I would normally assume yes, but the inactivity filter thing makes me want to clarify.)

Sounds fun! 

Chicago, Gentleman's Guide and The Producers would be my requests for parodies :D

Will come up with character info in a bit. 

Signing up as Eoltias, who is the leader of an acting troop that travels Arelon. His once prosperous career has fallen by the way side after producing a string of unsuccessful shows, but who knows, he may just find the talent and inspiration he needs in Kae!

Edited by Eolhondras

I'm in as James Kailin, a grumpy older citizen. He largely remains unnoticed, despite his wealth, due to his desire to not be bothered.

I'll be a bit quiet during the begining of the game, due to traveling.  Other than that I should be fairly active.

I'm willing to admit that I'm simultaneously ecstatic and horrified to see how this game plays out. Sign me up as Father Mai, a Korathi Priest who's totally not Tanavast in disguise.

:ph34r:'d by Magestar. Happy to see you finally joining us!

Edited by Amanuensis
Yay for new ninjas

Yes, well, I have time now.   I'm slightly nervous, however I have resigned myself to an early death.  This way, if I survive, I will be pleasantly surprised.  :P

As a side note, is there anything I should know as a first time SE player?  I have played several mafia-type games before, and read the rules for SE, so I feel prepared...

Edited by Magestar

8 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Merciful Domi, is this the game where the village starts out knowing nothing about the eliminators?

Yes.

6 hours ago, The Young Bard said:

Sign me up, please! (I want to call myself Sky Masterson here, because of the tags, but you seem to have put that name down for Ecthelion, even though that's not her character...)

Clarifications:

Must the Legionnaire reveal themselves in the doc?

Will roles be revealed after the player dies? (I would normally assume yes, but the inactivity filter thing makes me want to clarify.)

The legionnaire will be anonymous in the Arrested Doc. Roles will be revealed.

10 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

PM's are Day use only, which means they can be started, read, and replied to only during the Day turns. During the Night, players cannot PM eachother. PM's must include the GM. PM's can have as many players as you want in them. You may PM only yourself.

What exactly does the bolded text mean?  It just seems odd to me.

8 hours ago, Elbereth said:

Hm. I counted the days wong. Turns out that I'll be inactive for the first cycle (although I'd be on that first night so I'd get my role and be able to post something) and most of the next day as well. Which could still be fine, but it occurs to me that that's just about the opposite of Maill's schedule (I come back on the 31st and he's completely gone on the 1st, I think). So I'm wondering if I could be arranged to just be Maill's pinchhitter? Might be better than just completely missing the first cycle and a half. 

I'm fine with that. There's just the chance that I die before you take on my place. :/

Just now, Mailliw73 said:

I'm fine with that. There's just the chance that I die before you take on my place. :/

You wouldn't support a ceremonial lynch as a send off, would you?

I'll sign up as Locke - an individual entirely uninterested in arranging coups and generally acquiring power - I swear.

6 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

You wouldn't support a ceremonial lynch as a send off, would you?

I'll sign up as Locke - an individual entirely uninterested in arranging coups and generally acquiring power - I swear.

El, you might want to still sign up separately. :P 

Naming your character the same name as your previously power hungry characters and one of the Gentlemen Bastards is not all that comforting. 

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

1 hour ago, Mailliw73 said:

El, you might want to still sign up separately. :P 

Heh. There is that. :P Fine, then. You shall have your ceremonial death and I shall be inactive for the first cycle and a half. 

Edited by Elbereth

7 minutes ago, STINK said:

Signing up as STINK. Uh, something something LOTR, something something banter, something something bye bye Mailliw, something something I get a free upvote for signing up right?

Maybe if that were a sincere farewell. 

3 hours ago, Magestar said:

Yes, well, I have time now.   I'm slightly nervous, however I have resigned myself to an early death.  This way, if I survive, I will be pleasantly surprised.  :P

As a side note, is there anything I should know as a first time SE player?  I have played several mafia-type games before, and read the rules for SE, so I feel prepared...

No need to be nervous :P unless you do something that warrants severe suspicion, new players generally don't die early.

There isn't really any SE-specific advice I can think of at this time, except be hesitant with trusting anybody without good reason to, except for a man called Aman. If you invest your trust in him you can't go wrong :P Seriously though, practice caution, but don't be absolutely closed off. I am a firm believer that some level of cooperation needs to be established on the village's part if they want to have a significant chance of beating the eliminators. No game is ever won because of a single player's efforts, and most of the time a lack of village coordination benefits eliminators immensely.

19 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I think PM safety ought to be emphasised - I'm a firm believer in bot revealing roles to anyone - no matter how trustworthy they seem - even if it's just a vanilla villager, knowing it helps the eliminators.

Ignore this message. Just one last time for me, please. 

6 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Ignore this message. Just one last time for me, please. 

:lol: All the upvotes for that.

My general advice would be if you have time, going and reading a past game. That should give a pretty good idea of how games go. (Maybe QF14? That'll also give you some clue about secret role games and Joe's games specifically. Plus it's relatively short and quite fun. :) Any game will do, though.) That takes a while, though, so other than that - ask questions when you don't understand some term or argument. Don't be afraid to accuse people of being evil. Trust, but be paranoid about that trust. And, of course, have fun! :D That's the most important thing anyway.