Sand Mastery Depiction

yulerule

So I read the graphic Novel, then got the Prose version. In the Prose version, it explicitly describes that when a Sand master uses sand to lift stuff or themselves, it has a base which is oon the ground which supports the rest of the ribbon which in turn supports whatever the sand is holding. So when a Sand Master lifts themselves, they're literally standing on some sand and two ribbons are litterally supporiting their arms. 

Anybody else have an issue with the fact that in the graphic novel the sand is all swirly around Kenton and he magically rises into the air with no support?

37 minutes ago, yulerule said:

So I read the graphic Novel, then got the Prose version. In the Prose version, it explicitly describes that when a Sand master uses sand to lift stuff or themselves, it has a base which is oon the ground which supports the rest of the ribbon which in turn supports whatever the sand is holding. So when a Sand Master lifts themselves, they're literally standing on some sand and two ribbons are litterally supporiting their arms. 

Anybody else have an issue with the fact that in the graphic novel the sand is all swirly around Kenton and he magically rises into the air with no support?

Oooooo unfortunately I have a lot of issues with how the graphic novel portrays a lot of the aspects of the novel. Sand mastery is a main one. The other thing about sand mastery in the graphic novel that bothers me is how there are a bunch of scenes where all you see is a sand master hold out his hand, it glows around his hand, and then the enemy pops some blood and dies. Doesn't show any streak of sand extending from the sand master, or any other indication of attack. Just hand, glowy, death. Praxton's death blow doesn't look like how I envisioned it from the prose at alllllllll:(

Edited by Pathfinder