Are Wax and Wayne books worth reading?

Asasasyn in White

I love the Era 2 Mistborn books, though maybe slightly less than Era 1. I think that's because they're less "Epic", but they're still amazing books. My personal opinions of each of them: /

Alloy of Law: Fun short story. It's very stand alone and it isn't on par necessarily with any of Sanderson's previous novels but it's still pretty interesting. It introduces you the world and fans of Mistborn like me who had all the pent up questions of what the world would turn into get interesting and awesome answers. 

Shadows of Silence: Weirdly, while scanning through the comments it seems like people aren't huge fans of this one but I LOVED this book. Marasi became a much better character, as did Steris, and Wax became a great protagonist while Wayne is always the essence of awesomeness. The ending blew my mind, I think my heart literally broke in half, which has happened only a handful of times in Sanderson's works. 

Bands of Mourning: Actually didn't enjoy this "quite" as much as SoS. I really need to re-read it, some parts of it that had major Cosmere and world implications blew over my head at the time and I didn't like the 360 the series took all of a sudden. 

Secret History: Fantastic. Only eBook I've ever bought, and it was more than worth it. 

• Chaos locked this topic