Stormlight Movie Posters/Trailers

Doc12

Okay,  posters for Words of Radiance...

Still splitting it into three, like I did for WoK.  Part one (Stormlight 4: Winds' Approach) would be Shallan falling into Shadesmar, Renarin falling in Shardplate (with Dalinar and Zahel in the foreground), and Kaladin falling into the arena with Adolin's 4-on-1 duel.  Part two (Stormlight 5: The Blade, The Act, and The Soul) would be Pattern on a cracked mirror, on which is reflected the Davar family in public and in private, Syl over a bucket of water (Kaladin and a jail cell should be reflected in it), and a stormspren in a jewel, through which is seen Eshonai, looking concerned.  Part 3 (Stormlight 6: Words of Radiance) would be Shallan looking out of the Oathgate at Urithiru, Kaladin glowing and protecting Elhokar, and Dalinar on the Shattered Plains facing the Stormfather. 

Poster scheme for Stormlight 5 lovingly ripped off of @mirahound's wonderful idea.  

Edited by Landis963
Cite your sources, kids!

5 hours ago, mirahound said:

'Kay, but what about movie posters for Words of Radiance that feature the spren? One of Syl, worried and upset, and text along the bottom reads, "You don't care about the law. You care about what's right." Next one features pattern. possibly in his Shadesmar outfit, hands behind his back, with text reading, "That is a good lie." The final one features a stormspren caught in a red gemstone, stormclouds gathering behind it, and the text underneath says, "The Everstorm comes."

How about the Storm father? "You're all going to die. I'm sorry"

And whar would wyndle say?

1 hour ago, Doctor12 said:

How about the Storm father? "You're all going to die. I'm sorry"

And whar would wyndle say?

Oooh, I love that idea for the Stormfather! I imagine his face stretching across a highstorm, maybe with a tiny Dalinar standing before him.

As for Wyndle, I could see a good portrait of him with his face formed, reading, "You've seen much death. Aren't you accustomed to it?" Either that, or, "This does not seem very well thought out."

Edited by mirahound

14 hours ago, Landis963 said:

Okay,  posters for Words of Radiance...

Still splitting it into three, like I did for WoK.  Part one (Stormlight 4: Winds' Approach) would be Shallan falling into Shadesmar, Renarin falling in Shardplate (with Dalinar and Zahel in the foreground), and Kaladin falling into the arena with Adolin's 4-on-1 duel.  Part two (Stormlight 5: The Blade, The Act, and The Soul) would be Pattern on a cracked mirror, on which is reflected the Davar family in public and in private, Syl over a bucket of water (Kaladin and a jail cell should be reflected in it), and a stormspren in a jewel, through which is seen Eshonai, looking concerned.  Part 3 (Stormlight 6: Words of Radiance) would be Shallan looking out of the Oathgate at Urithiru, Kaladin glowing and protecting Elhokar, and Dalinar on the Shattered Plains facing the Stormfather. 

Poster scheme for Stormlight 5 lovingly ripped off of @mirahound's wonderful idea.  

16 hours ago, mirahound said:

'Kay, but what about movie posters for Words of Radiance that feature the spren? One of Syl, worried and upset, and text along the bottom reads, "You don't care about the law. You care about what's right." Next one features pattern. possibly in his Shadesmar outfit, hands behind his back, with text reading, "That is a good lie." The final one features a stormspren caught in a red gemstone, stormclouds gathering behind it, and the text underneath says, "The Everstorm comes."

How bout more individual character posters for spren haha. Like a picture, name, and them saying something in response to being on a poster XD

SYL- HONORSPREN

(arms folded, smiling mischievously)

"You forgot the compliment!"

PATTERN- CRYPTIC

(bemused, arms behind back)

"Mmmm. I seem to be on display. How interesting"

WYNDLE - VOIDBRINGER

(Looking exasperated)

"I am not a Voidbringer!"

THE STORMFATHER

( bored/deadpan)

"GOODBYE "

Edited by Doctor12

WOR of Radiance Posters:

1. Kaladin jumping over the wall of the Arena. One hand on the wall pushing off, his legs in the air over the wall, spear in his other hand. Adolin in the background, surrounded and facing 4 shardbearers, above Adolin you can see the other side of the arena full of spectators. to the side Renarin stumbling into the Arena shardblade in hand. Words underneath in stormlight font:   "Honor is Dead. But I'll see what I can do."

2. Dalinar stares out over the shattered plains wearing his impeccable Kholin uniform. Various Alethi armies line one side while Parshendi line the other side of the scene. High Storm and Everstorm walls loom over both armies. Szeth hangs in the air between the storm walls glowing with stormlight. Words underneath in stormlight font:   "Unite Them!" (I can't remember if Dalinar's visions have that phrase in them in WOR or if it was just in WOK. however if the phrase isn't in the WOR i feel it still works since he utters the sentiment in WOR).

@Doctor12

Your WoK trailer literally gave me the chills. When I read:

On 6.07.2016 at 9:47 AM, Doctor12 said:

(fade to black) (pause)

(bass drop)

Szeth lashing himself to the ceiling, running towards two Shardbearers. His Blade appears in his hands.

Dalinar sitting alone in a tent, screaming and writhing.

Kaladin on a bridge run, screaming as blood trickles down his shoulders and arrows kill those around him

Shallan in a room in a pool of blood.

I really felt that bass drop and those quick scenes following. Excellent pacing. I'd give that post all my ten upvotes if I could.

Although I have to admit that your WoR trailer was a little too spoilery. Not only revealing that Everstorm comes, but you can't start the trailer with "Everstorm comes" and later say "Everstorm is here". Not only it spoils a majority of the book, but it also kills the curiosity and feeling of expectation which "Everstorm comes" created; the point of the trailer is to left the viewer hungry for more, curious.

I'm sorry if those words come off as too harsh, as I really enjoyed both of your trailers. But I feel I needed to tell you that.

Edited by Oversleep

6 hours ago, Oversleep said:

@Doctor12

Your WoK trailer literally gave me the chills. When I read:

I really felt that bass drop and those quick scenes following. Excellent pacing. I'd give that post all my ten upvotes if I could.

Although I have to admit that your WoR trailer was a little too spoilery. Not only revealing that Everstorm comes, but you can't start the trailer with "Everstorm comes" and later say "Everstorm is here". Not only it spoils a majority of the book, but it also kills the curiosity and feeling of expectation which "Everstorm comes" created; the point of the trailer is to left the viewer hungry for more, curious.

I'm sorry if those words come off as too harsh, as I really enjoyed both of your trailers. But I feel I needed to tell you that.

Good point, actually. Thanks! I'll have to think of something new XD

"What is a man's life worth?"

A video of flying over the chasms with "From paramount pictures or whatever"

Comes to Parshendi army fighting Sadeas, slowly pans to Kaladin's PoV.

"Life before Death." (Dramatic music starts)

People falling around Kaladin, blood sprays.

"Strength before weakness."

Kaladin screaming at the sky in a storm, next to honor chasm. Syl comes, outstretches arm.

"Journey before Destination."

Kaladin jumping across chasm in end of book. Big fight scene, music crescendos, then stops.

"Return to men the Shards they once bore."

"The Knight's Radiant must stand again."

The Way of Kings

Sorry it took me so long to write, I've been waffling over how I feel about it. I used the back of WoR for the outline like I did for WoK, but I feel like a. it was too present-focused to work in Shallan's flashbacks like I wanted, b. too outright about Dalinar being a Radiant, which has always bothered me since I didn't feel like it was a given at the end of WoK, and c. using the Everstorm stuff felt like I might be giving it away too. Anyways though, I hope you like it.

Shallan on The Wind’s Pleasure, looking across the ocean.
Shallan’s Voice: “What is it you think I am?”
Jasnah’s Voice: “Right now, you are but a promise. A chrysalis with the potential for grandeur inside..”
Shallan breathes out Light and becomes blackness
Shallan’s face transforms into Veil
In Shadesmar, Stormlight rips from Shallan into a black glass bead, Pattern behind her in his symbol-head form.
(Cut to black)
(Music starts softly)
                                ~~~
Voiceover: The Knights Radiant must stand again.
Dalinar stands from his chair and walks a short distance. He stops in front of his wall in front of some glyphs etched in the wall. “Sixty-two days. Death follows,” he reads ominously. He turns away to fetch his guards

Voiceover: The ancient oaths have at last been spoken.
Kaladin in his Kholin uniform.
Syl’s voice: “Life before death, Kaladin.”

Voiceover: The spren return.
Flash of Syl, Wyndle, Ivory, (maybe Ym’s spren)

Pattern’s distinct voice: “I know... little of humans.”
A pattern is raised on her sketchbook when she looks back down.
"Their minds break. You did not break. Only cracked."
                                ~~~
Voiceover: Men seek what was lost.
Dalinar’s voice: “Alethkar ended as a kingdom centuries ago."

The camera pans around the Plains, showing Narak in the center, and the Parshendi there.
Adolin wears Dalinar’s armor and stands before Eshonai at their talk.

Dalinar’s voice: “This thing we have created is not Alethkar."

Kaladin soars over the Plains, windspren behind him and Syl beside him.

Jasnah, surrounded by inky spren in Shadesmar, forms the castle hallway in glass beads.

Dalinar sits in a room with Elhokar, Kaladin, Adolin, Renarin, General Khal, and Brightness Teshav. Dalinar: "Alethkar was justice. We are children wearing our father’s cloak.”

(fade to black)
(pause)
                                ~~~
Voiceover: I fear the quest will destroy them.
(music swells)
Shallan is shown lying facedown and soaked on a beach, wreckage around her.

Sadeas slams Oathbringer down into a table. 

Adolin is shown facing two Shardbearers, Shardplate cracked.

Eshonai stands before the Stormfather.

Renarin looks at glyphs carved in a door and reads, “Thirty-eight days. The end of all nations."

Dalinar moves out of the way of the camera and Amaram is there. The camera rotates around to Kaladin’s glowering face.

Adolin jumps for Dalinar as the bridge behind them collapses
                                ~~~
Voiceover: The Windrunner
Kaladin in the prison behind bars.
Kaladin’s voice: “They broke me, Syl. I’m not what you think I am.” 

Voiceover: The Lightweaver
Shallan’s voice: “Can’t I just keep pretending?”
Helaran hands young Shallan a sketchbook and says “Draw safe things, Shallan. Don’t dwell on the past.”
A redheaded man carries Shallan out of a room, the camera focuses on bloodied carpet behind them as they exit, Shallan facing towards it, her father away from it.

Voiceover: The Bondsmith
Dalinar at the meeting of highprinces before Shallan shows up.
Navani’s voice: "If you break the kingdom apart, we’ll never unify it.”
Dalinar’s voice: “We’ll make certain that it doesn’t break.”

Voiceover: The Explorer
Eshonai stands before the other four of the Five, Venli behind her
Eshonai: “I will agree to this test.” 
Eshonai stands before the storm, then braces herself against it. It hits.
                                ~~~
Voiceover: It is past time for them to awaken. 
Eshonai’s voice: “I can feel something building. A storm…”
Eshonai’s face flashes, showing red eyes.
                                ~~~
Voice: For the Everstorm looms.
A hand scratches zero, zero, zero, zero… over and over again.
                                ~~~
Voiceover: And the Assassin has arrived.
Kaladin and Dalinar lead Adolin, Renarin, the king, and other guards down a corridor as the lights dim.
Syl whispers: “He’s here,” and Szeth steps out in front of them from a side corridor holding his Blade, glowing.
                                ~~~
(Fade to black)
TITLE
DATE
(end)

I'm going to have to hop onto that boat Stormgate. I really can't see any better way to make movies of these books than have the fans make them themselves. Think about it we know everything that needs to be in them and we know weekday isn't quite necessary. 

The only problem I see is funding if this gets big enough, but that could potentially be solved through brandon.

On 7/6/2016 at 0:47 AM, Doctor12 said:

Trailer for the Way of Kings. 

Wit's voice: When you beat an iron sword relentlessly, it hardens. When you leave it alone, it rusts away. Let me tell you a story.

=o=o=o=o=o

The party, camera panning around the revellers. We see spren floating around, we see Jasnah looking disapproving and Dalinar dead drunk, but only briefly. We see a flash of White as the Assassin stalks down a corridor. Two guards notice him and charge. The Assassin bursts into light. Cut to Szeth by the dead body of the King, kneeling.

"I'm sorry."

=o=o=o=o=o=

"We came here for Vengeance, but all I see if frivolity and competition."

Dalinar from behind, looking over the Shattered Plains and the arrayed warcamps.Adolin averts his eyes. Sadeas snorts.

"Why can't you just relax? Why can't you be just like everyone else?"

"I cannot be like everyone else."

Dalinar, grizzled, broken, looking over the Shattered Plains and the warcamps arrayed there. 

Sadeas leaves, laughing. "That honor of yours is going to get you killed some day."

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Voiceover: There are two kinds of people in this world, son. Those who save lives, and those who take lives.  

A young Kal, working in the surgery with his father: "What about those who kill to protect?"

A battlefield on a rocky landscape, from the eyes of Cenn. Kaladin leading them into battle. The Shardbearer. White flash, cut to Kaladin shivering in a cage.  

Kaladin looks up to see Syl floating over, a tiny translucent girl. Her light shines on his face.

Her voice: Why do men cry?

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o

Shallan's voice: “Expectation wasn't just about what people expected of you. It was about what you expected of yourself.” 

Shallan clutching a sketchbook, following Jasnah. Her eyes are fixed on the Soulcaster. She is smiling, cut to her in her room alone scheming and drawing plans.

A cryptic voice: Let go of your lies.

(fade to black) (pause)

(bass drop)

Szeth lashing himself to the ceiling, running towards two Shardbearers. His Blade appears in his hands.

Dalinar sitting alone in a tent, screaming and writhing.

Kaladin on a bridge run, screaming as blood trickles down his shoulders and arrows kill those around him

Shallan in a room in a pool of blood.

(fade to black) (pause)

Words against A black screen as music builds to a crescendo.

Speak again the Ancient oaths.

"Life before Death." 

Lightning illuminates Kaladin before the Honor Chasm, tears mingling with rain.

"Strength before Weakness."

Dalinar charging at the Chasmfiend in full Shardplate to protect Elhokar

"Journey before Destination."

Shallan turning from a ship and running back to Khabaranth.

(pause)

"The Knights Radiant shall rise again." Music climaxes

A shot of Szeth running among people, lashing them left and right.

A shot of Shallan entering Shadesmar. 

A shot of Dalinar and Adolin surrounded on the Tower, looking around desperately, shouting their final battlecries.

A shot of Kaladin's boots thumping on the bridge, then leaping over the chasm onto the awaiting Parshendi. Syl screaming "Speak the Words!" 

Fade to black.

=o=o=o=o=o=o

Wit's voice, chattily: “Can you feel it? Something just changed. I believe that’s the sound the world makes when it pisses itself.”

On 7/6/2016 at 11:13 PM, mirahound said:

Holy... I got chills just reading that.

^This. If I saw that trailer it would be storming incredible.

Also for the WoR one, I don't think you need the flashes of text... I feel it would be cooler just to show the scenes you listed and let the viewer make sense of what is going on.

20 hours ago, Mistbinder said:

Sorry it took me so long to write, I've been waffling over how I feel about it. I used the back of WoR for the outline like I did for WoK, but I feel like a. it was too present-focused to work in Shallan's flashbacks like I wanted, b. too outright about Dalinar being a Radiant, which has always bothered me since I didn't feel like it was a given at the end of WoK, and c. using the Everstorm stuff felt like I might be giving it away too. Anyways though, I hope you like it.

Shallan on The Wind’s Pleasure, looking across the ocean.
Shallan’s Voice: “What is it you think I am?”
Jasnah’s Voice: “Right now, you are but a promise. A chrysalis with the potential for grandeur inside..”
Shallan breathes out Light and becomes blackness
Shallan’s face transforms into Veil
In Shadesmar, Stormlight rips from Shallan into a black glass bead, Pattern behind her in his symbol-head form.
(Cut to black)
(Music starts softly)
                                ~~~
Voiceover: The Knights Radiant must stand again.
Dalinar stands from his chair and walks a short distance. He stops in front of his wall in front of some glyphs etched in the wall. “Sixty-two days. Death follows,” he reads ominously. He turns away to fetch his guards

Voiceover: The ancient oaths have at last been spoken.
Kaladin in his Kholin uniform.
Syl’s voice: “Life before death, Kaladin.”

Voiceover: The spren return.
Flash of Syl, Wyndle, Ivory, (maybe Ym’s spren)

Pattern’s distinct voice: “I know... little of humans.”
A pattern is raised on her sketchbook when she looks back down.
"Their minds break. You did not break. Only cracked."
                                ~~~
Voiceover: Men seek what was lost.
Dalinar’s voice: “Alethkar ended as a kingdom centuries ago."

The camera pans around the Plains, showing Narak in the center, and the Parshendi there.
Adolin wears Dalinar’s armor and stands before Eshonai at their talk.

Dalinar’s voice: “This thing we have created is not Alethkar."

Kaladin soars over the Plains, windspren behind him and Syl beside him.

Jasnah, surrounded by inky spren in Shadesmar, forms the castle hallway in glass beads.

Dalinar sits in a room with Elhokar, Kaladin, Adolin, Renarin, General Khal, and Brightness Teshav. Dalinar: "Alethkar was justice. We are children wearing our father’s cloak.”

(fade to black)
(pause)
                                ~~~
Voiceover: I fear the quest will destroy them.
(music swells)
Shallan is shown lying facedown and soaked on a beach, wreckage around her.

Sadeas slams Oathbringer down into a table. 

Adolin is shown facing two Shardbearers, Shardplate cracked.

Eshonai stands before the Stormfather.

Renarin looks at glyphs carved in a door and reads, “Thirty-eight days. The end of all nations."

Dalinar moves out of the way of the camera and Amaram is there. The camera rotates around to Kaladin’s glowering face.

Adolin jumps for Dalinar as the bridge behind them collapses
                                ~~~
Voiceover: The Windrunner
Kaladin in the prison behind bars.
Kaladin’s voice: “They broke me, Syl. I’m not what you think I am.” 

Voiceover: The Lightweaver
Shallan’s voice: “Can’t I just keep pretending?”
Helaran hands young Shallan a sketchbook and says “Draw safe things, Shallan. Don’t dwell on the past.”
A redheaded man carries Shallan out of a room, the camera focuses on bloodied carpet behind them as they exit, Shallan facing towards it, her father away from it.

Voiceover: The Bondsmith
Dalinar at the meeting of highprinces before Shallan shows up.
Navani’s voice: "If you break the kingdom apart, we’ll never unify it.”
Dalinar’s voice: “We’ll make certain that it doesn’t break.”

Voiceover: The Explorer
Eshonai stands before the other four of the Five, Venli behind her
Eshonai: “I will agree to this test.” 
Eshonai stands before the storm, then braces herself against it. It hits.
                                ~~~
Voiceover: It is past time for them to awaken. 
Eshonai’s voice: “I can feel something building. A storm…”
Eshonai’s face flashes, showing red eyes.
                                ~~~
Voice: For the Everstorm looms.
A hand scratches zero, zero, zero, zero… over and over again.
                                ~~~
Voiceover: And the Assassin has arrived.
Kaladin and Dalinar lead Adolin, Renarin, the king, and other guards down a corridor as the lights dim.
Syl whispers: “He’s here,” and Szeth steps out in front of them from a side corridor holding his Blade, glowing.
                                ~~~
(Fade to black)
TITLE
DATE
(end)

I really like this one. It is a bit less revealing but gets a lot of the visuals.

Also, edit:

"A magnificent sword is plunged into a rock with eight others sticking out. A space for a tenth one is left empty.
Lirin’s voice: "The Ten Heralds were sent to teach mankind.” Kalak is shown walking away from the Blade.
Kal’s voice: “But they were demons.
Lirin’s voice: “That would be the Radiants, Kal. You’re mixing them up. They’re the order of knights the Heralds founded.”
*Flash of the two Radiants from Dalinar’s vision fighting the dark creatures.*
“Who were demons.”
“They were not demons, they were just men who had too much power.”
*Radiants shown standing in front of the fort from Dalinar’s vision, summoning Blades, looking grim.*
*Fade to black*"

I like this one as the opening scene the most.

In a little bit I might try my hand at one for WoR. Also... I think one for Mistborn: The Final Empire would be incredible.

Edited by Drake Marshall

Alright... Lets try for a Words of Radiance trailer.

The plot is difficultly complicated, and I deliberately don't want to include very much in the ways of spoilers... But I hope this would give a feel for the story. Let me know what you think.

Begins in darkness. An audible, rhythmic heartbeat in the background. Around the second beat, the stormfather's voice is heard... "I am . . . I was . . . God. The one you call the Almighty, the creator of mankind. And now I am dead. I am sorry."
On the tenth heartbeat, fades to a vision of Szeth wearing white, the honorblade coalescing in his hands. Music begins at low volume.

--------------

A shaking hand grips a piece of chalk and writes “Sixty two days. Death follows.” on a wall. The sounds of a storm can be heard in the background.

--------------

Taravangian is shown standing in the war ravaged city of Vedenar, plumes of smoke and dying soldiers surrounding him. Voiceover, Taravangian's voice, "I am the monster who will save this world."
Depicts Taravangian again, entering the Vedenar palace, as he says "The diagram said it would happen."

--------------

Kaladin, Syl at his shoulder and holding a single clearchip, sucks in stormlight. Voiceover "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves."

Changes to a later scene. Kaladin, uniformed, stands to attention in front of Dalinar, slave brands evident on his forehead."You're an odd one, son."
"The normal ones are dead in the chasms, sir."

Shifts to another scene. Teft speaking to Kaladin: "When are you going to admit what you are? Why don't you go have a hike up to that Dalinar fellow, suck in some Stormlight, and make him recognize you as a lighteyes?"
"Everything I've ever had, Teft, the lighteyes have taken from me. My family, my brother, my friends. More. More than you can imagine. They see what I have, and they take it. They'll take it. If they can find out what I do, they'll take it."
Fades into darkness.

--------------

Changes to Jasnah, speaking to Shallan on a ship. "They brought you to me. And they are still watching you, it apppears. The old ways are returning, and I don't see it as a hopeful sign."

Shifts to a ship cabin. Shallan, looking over Jasnah's shoulder at her desk, cluttered with books, exhaustion spren surrounding them. "A kind of revolution is coming. That the parshmen will turn against us as they did in the past."

Shallan, standing alone against ranks of armed deserters in the night, torches burning around them and a faintly visible glow in her eyes.
"Brightness," Vathah says as she approaches, "we aren't what you think we are."
"No," Shallan replies. "You aren't what you think yourselves to be."
Fades into darkness.

--------------

Dalinar, in the throne room speaking to King Elhokar. "I'll have us be what we were before, son. A kingdom that can stand through storms, a kingdom that is a light and not a darkness. I will have a truly unified Alethkar, with highprinces who are loyal and just. I'll have more than that. I'm going to refound the Knights Radiant."

Scene changes to Amaram, whose double-eye cloak is visible, speaking to Dalinar, "Your visions are obviously a sign from the almighty."

Sadeas, talking to Ialai, shardblade slammed into the table in front of him. "By destroying Dalinar, I sought to prevent the collapse of the kingdom. Now I'm wondering if that collapse wouldn't be better for us all."

A ring of brightlords in counsel. Adolin speaks. "We need to secure allies... Form a coalition. Sadeas will gather one, and so we counter him with our own."

Dalinar, standing on top of Urithiru. The infinite countenance of the stormfather stretches out above him in the sky. Dalinar shouts up to him, "I will unite instead of divide!"

Szeth, standing before Taravangian, strain evident in his eyes: "I am truthless. I do as my master requires, and I do not ask for an explanation."
Taravangian: "Kill Dalinar."
Fades into darkness.

--------------

Shows a flash of Dalinar and Szeth facing each other in a highstorm.

Shows a flash of Shallan summoning a shardblade next to Kaladin, chasmfiend approaching the crack they are squeezed into.

Shows a flash of a highstorm and everstorm forming and colliding on each other amidst flashes of lightning. Two armies, one of stormform parshendi, are arrayed before each other.

Fade to black. Music is silenced.
Words of Radiance
Based on the Novel by Brandon Sanderson
July 2016

Edited by Drake Marshall

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, HelloMyNameIsDrBloodborne said:

You know, as much as the "slowed-down pop song cover" trend in trailers is getting old, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" would really work well for The Way of Kings, particularly for Kaladin's storyline.

The trend is only getting old because people use songs that are a bad match for the tone of the trailer.

I do like that suggestion, even though I was thinking about a few other songs. Depends on what type of tone the trailer ends up going for.

14 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

The trend is only getting old because people use songs that are a bad match for the tone of the trailer.

I do like that suggestion, even though I was thinking about a few other songs. Depends on what type of tone the trailer ends up going for.

Of course, I've also thought this about "Until the End of the World" by U2, for Mistborn Era 1, so maybe I like the trend more than I thought.

10 hours ago, Stormrunner1730 said:

Szeth in a dark hallway, (his own body) lit by Stormlight with Jezrien's Honorblade at his side.

That's an actual scene in WoR Chapter 32:

The light from Kaladin's sphere also illuminated something on the floor just ahead. A body lying where corridors crossed. It wore a blue uniform. Beld, one of the men Kaladin had sent on ahead.
   The huddle of people stared at the body in horror. The corridor's eerie silence, the lack of lights, had stilled even the king's protests.
   "He's here," Syl whispered.
   A solemn figure stepped out of the side corridor, holding a long, silvery Blade that cut a trail in the stone floor. The figure had flowing white clothing: filmy trousers and an overshirt that rippled with each step. Bald head, pale skin. Shin.
   Stormlight streamed from the assassin's body.

I've always loved the imagery this short description has made in my head. Szeth stepping into the light from around the corner is like a movie trailer shot. Needless to say, I approve of your choice.